Props to our team

zaqhhh

That was one of the proudest losses I've had as a LV fan. With the amount of height/injury differential playing at a team that has won 30 in a row at home we should not have been close.
Our girls played their hearts out and this game only strengthened my support for Holly as a coach.
Good game girls and I look forward to seeing the same type of effort in the weeks to come!

Reactions: 17 people
As a fan of historically THE best WBB team in the nation (f uconn) I know no such thing as a moral victory. But I'm proud as well of the heart we showed today. I've seen teams in the past that have looked apathetic or emotionless but this isn't one of them.

Reactions: 2 people
As a fan of historically THE best WBB team in the nation (f uconn) I know no such thing as a moral victory. But I'm proud as well of the heart we showed today. I've seen teams in the past that have looked apathetic or emotionless but this isn't one of them.

I wish i could like this post a million times.

Anytime you take the #2 team in the country down to the wire on their court is pretty dang good. Game could have swung either way.

Reactions: 3 people
This is the best we have played against a top 5 team in several years. We didn't do a good job of defensive rebounding against the zone. Even though there was a size problem we tended to stand around when the shot went up. Outside of that I thought we did about all we could tonight. The last play was a great plan but the pass was not well executed. All in all I think tonight was a much better showing than most of us expected.

Every comment so far posted I agree with! One lousy possession away from 14-0 in conference play! I'm so proud in the fight these ladies tonight, we did everything correct tonight except rebound.... And you can fix that with boxing out. As fans we all knew we were going to get beat up inside. We did, but we still hung tough with them and held them down to the last possession! I can't wait for the sec tournament!

The whole team played with a lot of heart. Special Kudos should go to Graves and Burdick. Those 2 kept us in the game with their outstanding play.

I just cant give props in a losing effort. I don't believe in good losses, or personal wins within. This was a loss after all, and nothing to be celebrated. It is especially true considering it was in the regular season. Now maybe I could give props or celebrate a loss in the Final 4 or NC, but nothing short of those two.

Last edited:
I just cant give props in a losing effort. I don't believe in good losses, or personal wins within. This was a loss after all, and nothing to be celebrated. It is especially true considering it was in the regular season. Now maybe I could give props or celebrate a loss in the Final 4 or NC, but nothing short of those two.

This is another example of someone that probably did not watch this game that has come to post some junk. This was a great game that could have gone either way. The LVs showed a lot of heart and fight in this tough away game. I usually don't watch reruns of LVs losses, but I am tempted to watch this game again because it was really good. Maybe you should watch it too.

This is another example of someone that probably did not watch this game that has come to post some junk. This was a great game that could have gone either way. The LVs showed a lot of heart and fight in this tough away game. I usually don't watch reruns of LVs losses, but I am tempted to watch this game again because it was really good. Maybe you should watch it too.

You're right, I didn't watch a single second of this game. I didn't need to watch any of it to post what I did though. Growing up I wasn't taught to celebrate or give ourselves props for a close loss. I don't even think the expression "moral victory" existed then. It actually always hurt more when we lost a game that was super close and could of gone either way. At the end of the day, a loss is a loss, and it's nothing to be celebrated, get excited about, or give props for.

Reactions: 1 person
You're right, I didn't watch a single second of this game. I didn't need to watch any of it to post what I did though. Growing up I wasn't taught to celebrate or give ourselves props for a close loss. I don't even think the expression "moral victory" existed then. It actually always hurt more when we lost a game that was super close and could of gone either way. At the end of the day, a loss is a loss, and it's nothing to be celebrated, get excited about, or give props for.

Then why are you posting other than trolling? If you really are a LV fan you should watch the game. It was good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
You're right, I didn't watch a single second of this game.

Sorry, but not watching the game (and I suspect you don't follow the team very closely either) undermines the power of you loss is just a loss, boohoo world-view.

What people are saying is that the LVs played a high effort game under very demanding circumstances and the LVs took the number 2 ranked team down to the final seconds. If you can't appreciate that effort (and you can't since you saw none of it), then maybe don't post an irrelevant there are "no moral victories" Debbie downer comment. This was not a "moral victory," it was show of determination and a statement that this team is going to fight for a final four spot despite having lost its best player and only real post option.

If you can't understand the value of that, well, you have my sympathies.

Reactions: 8 people
Well I did watch the game and I am sorry...we just lost the SEC to a team that has now beaten us a total of 4 times ever. We lost because we do not have depth, we do not have height, and we do not have superstar level players. The same old story. Lost out on Wilson and she is twice the player Russell will ever be. The Lady Vols are not the men's team, there are no moral victories for teams who have won 8 national titles. Good grief, Bama football would never talk to moral victories, UK MBB would never talk of that either. Man up Volnation...half the reason your teams and athletic department is deteriorating is the fact that most of you have come complacent with losing and not being what we once were in every sport across the board. The Lady Vols should never lack in the talent department, especially not to a bunch of lumps in Columbia, South Carolina. WAKE UP!!!

Reactions: 5 people
I do not care what anyone says I am proud to be a Lady Vol fan. They were out gunned and short on players but gave USC a run for its money. Holley coached a hell of a game. What did we use mostly, 7 players versus 10? Our best player is gone, but you told the world don't dare count us out. If you are a Naysayer about these ladies courage and toughness then someone needs to question you sanity. I love you Lady Vols, you came close to taking down number two. Without a doubt you deserve a number one seed.:good! If there is such a thing as a good loss, this was it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Well I did watch the game and I am sorry...we just lost the SEC to a team that has now beaten us a total of 4 times ever. We lost because we do not have depth, we do not have height, and we do not have superstar level players. The same old story. Lost out on Wilson and she is twice the player Russell will ever be. The Lady Vols are not the men's team, there are no moral victories for teams who have won 8 national titles. Good grief, Bama football would never talk to moral victories, UK MBB would never talk of that either. Man up Volnation...half the reason your teams and athletic department is deteriorating is the fact that most of you have come complacent with losing and not being what we once were in every sport across the board. The Lady Vols should never lack in the talent department, especially not to a bunch of lumps in Columbia, South Carolina. WAKE UP!!!

Give the team credit, it could have been easy for them to go into a hostile environment, tuck their tails and get their butts kicked all over the place but they didn't. Do I believe in moral victories, not really, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I am not happy we lost and it is obvious that we need a better bench than we have, however, USC knows it was in a game and the Lady Vols never gave in and they never gave up.

a loss is a loss...they lost the SEC regular season title and a number 1 seed in this game...I do not care the circumstance...this loss basically killed our season and any hopes of winning anything substantial or advancing to a final four

Well I did watch the game and I am sorry...we just lost the SEC to a team that has now beaten us a total of 4 times ever. We lost because we do not have depth, we do not have height, and we do not have superstar level players. The same old story. Lost out on Wilson and she is twice the player Russell will ever be. The Lady Vols should never lack in the talent department, especially not to a bunch of lumps in Columbia, South Carolina. WAKE UP!!!

First, this post was not claiming a moral victory. Use a little thought process. The point is that the way the LVs played bodes well for going forward without Izzy.

Second, news flash. The world changes. South Carolina under Dawn Staley is a different team from the one that used to be an SEC door mat. Just like LSU is no longer a powerhouse. In other words, the LVs strong rival had been LSU now its USC.

Three, I am just not as confident in writing off the number one recruit in the country. We saw her playing hobble with injuries last year.

Three, Diamond DeShields and Te'a Cooper. The LVs are going to be just fine. Have fun in doom and gloom land.

Reactions: 5 people
and posts above and ones like it are the reason the Final Four slump and National Title slump will continue...HOORAY

MasterShake congratulating a team for a job well done does not mean that I do not recognize some of our glaring weaknesses. It was only about one game. Unless we have a bunch of idiots for fans, they should all realize that our bench is short, we lack height and we need to recruit quality ball players or we are doomed to be on the hind tit. To be honest I am shocked we have done as well as we have, but we have.

well I am talking this season madtownvol...and you are already jumping to next season as well...so I guess you know where this season is headed...its great to have Deshields, Cooper, and Russell back...with Harrison, Massengale, and Burdick leaving we might be as good or tad bit better than this years team, if Deshields is the next coming of Holdsclaw...regardless when you lose head to head battles for players with the team you are battling for SEC titles with then it is not good...so we will see next year...maybe is things work perfectly we can make out first final four in 7 years...AWESOME!!!...even with those players we are still leaps and bounds away from a national title...and that is the sole goal of the lady vol program...well at least it was

VN Store

Back