The Real Diamond (Diamond DeShields)

Looks like Mercedes is getting back healthy as well. She and Diamond are two huge additions to next years team.

B-jhI9JIQAA_Pt6.png

Reactions: 6 people
How long will she have to play? Is it three years or two?
Can someone clarify whether "sitting out" means you just burn your redshirt year or do you actually lose a year of playing?

How long will she have to play? Is it three years or two?
Can someone clarify whether "sitting out" means you just burn your redshirt year or do you actually lose a year of playing?

She will have 3 years of eligibility left. Candice had another year left and she went on to the WNBA. Hope Diamond stays all 3.

What was her reason for leaving UNC? All of UNC's sophomores were recruited by Diamond and only went to UNC because of her urging. How do they feel about her departure? Do any of them now plan to follow her to Tennessee? I am happy she is now a Vol, but this situation seems quite strange on the surface. Anyone privy to the poop?

Cooper, Diamond, and Mercedes will put Tenn in contention FOR SURE next year....add a budding Jared and Bash her senior year, Jasmine Jones, Reynolds, Carter....a healthy Tucker?!? Next year will be exciting! I love see Diamonds mindset....she's not leaving Tenn without a National Title!!!

Reactions: 3 people
It will definitely be her team next year.

We got Diamond and you don't ...

Russell please be the stud girl who plays her size.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Could still use one more big with ice water in their veins to spell or play with Russell.

Nope or a non traditional euro 5, a shooter or slasher with girth, size.

We just need bodies to bang the whole game, when we go against opposing centers or best players, you bang them every chance you get (it takes a very smart team and discipline team, to run 4 and 5 out), no center or player get a clear path to the basket, they are like body shots all game, running the court, dead balls, etc bump, bang.

We just have to become a more physical team with four or five out offense, hard screens and cuts. I mean, coaches have been defensing the same offenses since wcbb began, the four and five out is not ran too much in the women's game, Uconn runs it a lot, 3 guards 2 forwards, or 2 guards three forwards, but when are thin in the post, thats why boxing out is crucial(physical) and shooting a high percentage.

We should be fine and should be able absorb an injury much better in upcoming years, Russell has three years left, we have two years to find a replacement, and she don't have to be tall just sturdy, physical with range and a good fit because we don't need just another body.

Last edited:
Diamond is going to shine, I think she is a generational player, no matter what pieces she has around her, she and her team will shine. Remember Taurasi took Uconn won a championship with Barbara Turner in the post.

I think she is that kind of leader and competitive, if you don't think so watch Duke games from last year.

She just needs the right system and we are developing it, this year.

She will help mask the need for a post, cos of her production capability. The only player that is her equal right now Lloyd but with her height Diamond could be better.

Last edited:
Diamond is going to shine, I think she is a generational player, no matter what pieces she has around her, she and her team will shine. Remember Taurasi took Uconn won a championship with Barbara Turner in the post.

I think she is that kind of leader and competitive, if you don't think so watch Duke games from last year.

She will help mask the need for a post, cos of her production capability. The only player that is her equal right now Lloyd but with her height Diamond could be better.

If Loyd's only equal right now is DeShields do you consider Stewart a superior or inferior player to Loyd ?

Watching those Duke games from last year will make you a believer. She literally took the game over.

Barbara Turner and Jessica Moore in the post...both of whom went on to play a few years in the WNBA. For her last two titles, she was surrounded by very good but inexperienced players...but make no mistake, they were very good college players.

Barbara Turner and Jessica Moore in the post...both of whom went on to play a few years in the WNBA. For her last two titles, she was surrounded by very good but inexperienced players...but make no mistake, they were very good college players.

How long did they play in WNBA?

The point I was trying to make is Diamond is Taurasi kinda good. We have Diana you don't. We have Diamond and you don't.

What was her reason for leaving UNC? All of UNC's sophomores were recruited by Diamond and only went to UNC because of her urging. How do they feel about her departure? Do any of them now plan to follow her to Tennessee? I am happy she is now a Vol, but this situation seems quite strange on the surface. Anyone privy to the poop?

Did you even watch the video? She explained everything. She really wanted to come to Tennessee first, but the Pat Summit situation left her with doubt. She said Hatchell know exactly why she left, but its between those two.

VN Store

Back