the game will be Televised on

ESPN2

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live

or here

Sports Radio WNML

you can stream the game here

Watch Tennessee vs. South Carolina (W Basketball) Live Online at WatchESPN

The Lady Vols are ranked 6th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 6th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

the Game Hens are ranked 2nd in the AP Top 25 Poll and 2nd in the USA Today Coaches Poll

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Lady Vols shoot around 45 percent and stay even on the boards this game is down to the wire and if it gets in the last two minutes close or tied I think we win. The key is shooting the basketball we can't win shooting 35 percent have to make those outside shots make them extend their defense and then take it to the basket.

This would be a great win for our girls.

I hope we win, but this is the 1st game, I fear will be tough without Harrison. My concern is rebounding. Graves and Burdick are good rebounders, but I worry Moore won't be strong enough to match up with the SC frontline. Too many times when Moore goes for a board, she knocks the ball out of bounds or gets stripped. Nared has been very good, I just haven't seen enough "I want that rebound," toughness. which comes with experience.

This will be a difficult game especially considering it's a home game for them. But we can do it. SC doesn't score very much against the better teams.
67 vs Syracuse
51 vs Duke
68 vs Kentucky
58 vs Georgia
62 vs UConn
If we play our usual tough defense and can score in the 70's, we can win.
70 - 66 LV's

Last edited:
I must say again, that those world beaters at Duke University should have beaten this USC team..... lost at the end 51-50..... USC didn't even look like they belonged on the same court with UConn.... 25 pt win i think...... who is to think we do not have a great chance to beat them...... Go LVs

I must say again, that those world beaters at Duke University should have beaten this USC team..... lost at the end 51-50..... USC didn't even look like they belonged on the same court with UConn.... 25 pt win i think...... who is to think we do not have a great chance to beat them...... Go LVs

Duke is the wrong team to use as a barometer, because they can oscillate between excellent and horrible in a week's time. They throttled Kentucky, beat Louisville, and beat UNC. They are a big time hot and cold team.

I do think Tennessee can win this game. I wouldn't call it an even matchup, because Tennessee has less margin for error especially with Izzy out...but the players that remain are talented enough that if they play to their potential and Bashaara stays out of foul trouble, then they can make this a contest.

Duke is the wrong team to use as a barometer, because they can oscillate between excellent and horrible in a week's time. They throttled Kentucky, beat Louisville, and beat UNC. They are a big time hot and cold team.

They are also much tougher to beat in Durham. USC is their only home loss this season....

They are also much tougher to beat in Durham. USC is their only home loss this season....

Right...so the fact that SC was the only team to beat them at home, while UK and Lousville lost by double digits, shouldn't necessarily be held against them.

I hope we win, but this is the 1st game, I fear will be tough without Harrison. My concern is rebounding. Graves and Burdick are good rebounders, but I worry Moore won't be strong enough to match up with the SC frontline. Too many times when Moore goes for a board, she knocks the ball out of bounds or gets stripped. Nared has been very good, I just haven't seen enough "I want that rebound," toughness. which comes with experience.

I just do not see a real element of toughness in Moore. Izzy is slim but plays tough. Sometimes she looks lost on the court. She just does not seem like a fighter. Big or small the Lady Vols need toughness and fighters from here on out. Both ND and Baylor have proven that you do not have to be big to play big.

I just do not see a real element of toughness in Moore. Izzy is slim but plays tough. Sometimes she looks lost on the court. She just does not seem like a fighter. Big or small the Lady Vols need toughness and fighters from here on out. Both ND and Baylor have proven that you do not have to be big to play big.
ND has a big, Isn't Turner 6-4, and a great shot blocker?

I don't expect us to win this game and won't be disappointed with a loss. Would like to see good intensity on both ends, good block outs will be necessary with their big posts, like to see some steals, and good ball movement and minimize the dribbling on the offensive end. Please girls don't be afraid to shoot the three. And, please Mass don't just start jacking up threes.

I don't want to see Ariel dribble down court without passing to anyone and jack up a three.

I don't mind that if she's open. I'd rather have her do that then have Bashaara try to take a shot in the paint with Wilson/Coates draped all over her.

The biggest problem with the three ball is when open players hesitate and then the defense closes the gap. Ariel has been the best player in terms of taking good, open shots, and she should continue to do so.

I don't expect us to win this game and won't be disappointed with a loss. Would like to see good intensity on both ends, good block outs will be necessary with their big posts, like to see some steals, and good ball movement and minimize the dribbling on the offensive end. Please girls don't be afraid to shoot the three. And, please Mass don't just start jacking up threes.

If she hits that first three keep firing. I would like to see her hit about 9 tonight out of ten.

Reactions: 1 person
Right...so the fact that SC was the only team to beat them at home, while UK and Lousville lost by double digits, shouldn't necessarily be held against them.

I am sorry guys but this game can't be won by proxy. You are going to have to play it on the court. The Duke score won't count in the end....the UCONN game won't count in the end. No other game played will count in the end. The only thing that will count is what the scoreboard reads at 00:00....I know you have won here....but it's still a 13-0 vs a 13-0 record until tonight.

If Tennessee can hit their outside shots, and rebound like demons possessed, they will win this game.

In the scheme of things, a loss tonight will not be a huge problem. Tennessee will not lose a #-1 NCAA seed by losing on the road to the #-2 team in the nation.

The Top 4 seeds in the SEC Tournament get first round byes.

Go Lady VOLS!

VN Store

Back