Lets all get behind our Lady Vols

Linda Lee

We have had a great basketball season and are getting ready to go into tournament. We need to really get behind these girls and support them with positive comments.

We lost Izzy and must go on without her. The players need all our support. We have great seniors and a great coaching staff. Let's give them as much support as they need.

We Vols are a class act and we need to act that way!! We have talent and heart.

Reactions: 12 people
I understand where you are coming from op. It is just so disheartening seeing where our Lady Vol basketball has fallen. Really hard to comprehend. I realize CPS is irreplaceable, but what we have going on now is not going to restore our program. Sorry, but it is the cold hard fact.

Reactions: 3 people
I understand where you are coming from op. It is just so disheartening seeing where our Lady Vol basketball has fallen.

Where has the team fallen? Explain yourself.

Really hard to comprehend.

With your reasoning skills, I'm sure everything is difficult for you to comprehend. And I do mean everything.

I realize CPS is irreplaceable, but what we have going on now is not going to restore our program.

What's going on now?

Sorry, but it is the cold hard fact.

Sorry, the word "fact" is not synonymous with jkleno's opinion. I'm not convinced you would know a fact if one slapped you in the face and said hello.

Reactions: 6 people
I understand where you are coming from op. It is just so disheartening seeing where our Lady Vol basketball has fallen. Really hard to comprehend. I realize CPS is irreplaceable, but what we have going on now is not going to restore our program. Sorry, but it is the cold hard fact.

Silly.

YES YES YES Go Lady Vols, we have had a bad year with injuries, Isabelle Harrison, Mercedes Russell, Jannah Tucker, and Jasmine Jones. Still undefeated in the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person

Did you really expect to stay at the top forever? Holly is only in her 3rd season, isn't she? There's a learning period anytime someone steps into a new job.

With your reasoning skills, I'm sure everything is difficult for you to comprehend. And I do mean everything.

What's going on now?

Sorry, the word "fact" is not synonymous with jkleno's opinion. I'm not convinced you would know a fact if one slapped you in the face and said hello.

Last national championship 2008
UConn '09 (39-0)
UConn '10 (39-0)
UConn '14 (40-0) also
Baylor (40-0)

We are no longer even UConn's biggest rivalry
No player of year in last 6 years and counting
No Final 4 last 6 years

Please answer: where have we been exactly the last 6 years?
6 years is a long time. Sorry.

Did you really expect to stay at the top forever? Holly is only in her 3rd season, isn't she? There's a learning period anytime someone steps into a new job.

She has been here since '85. 30 years. How did R Williams do when he took over for Dean Smith? 2 National Champs. And I will not even include what Bill Guthridge did.

What's going on now?

Not to say anything ugly but some people just expect the worse. They will more than likely spend the rest of their life waiting for Pat to return to the sidelines. I am not a big Holly fan but we all have to admit that she so far is a winner. Really, what is there really to complain about? If she can somehow beat USC, to complain one would have to be the biggest ass in the world. If she gets the team to play a close game, the same would apply. Right now I say give Holley a chance.

Last national championship 2008
UConn '09 (39-0)
UConn '10 (39-0)
UConn '14 (40-0) also
Baylor (40-0)

We are no longer even UConn's biggest rivalry
No player of year in last 6 years and counting
No Final 4 last 6 years

Please answer: where have we been exactly the last 6 years?
6 years is a long time. Sorry.

You are nothing more than another whiny, entitled NegaVol. What's your solution? Another coaching staff? Fire Holly? Amiright? *eye roll*

She has been here since '85. 30 years. How did R Williams do when he took over for Dean Smith? 2 National Champs. And I will not even include what Bill Guthridge did.

Being an assistant coach is not the same as being a head coach. Any thinking person understands that. Sounds like you just have some kind of bee up your bonnet about Holly, same as a handful of other a**hats who post here. Get over it.

Whats the facts got to with it.I wish holly could win but outside the sec were done.

What the hell is wrong with you? The Lady Vols are ranked 6th in the country, #1 RPI, are potentially looking at a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament (or at least a #2 seed), have a perfect conference record, have beaten numerous top 10 teams this season . . . Apparently unless the Lady Vols have a perfect season, Holly is a loser. Frankly, that's just idiotic. It appears the only loser here is, well . . . do you have a mirror close at hand?

Being an assistant coach is not the same as being a head coach. Any thinking person understands that. Sounds like you just have some kind of bee up your bonnet about Holly, same as a handful of other a**hats who post here. Get over it.

We all want Holly to win and keep the program where it belongs but do you really think we'll beat SC next week

We all want Holly to win and keep the program where it belongs but do you really think we'll beat SC next week

No idea. It will be difficult on SC's home court and without Izzy, but it certainly isn't impossible. I think it is entirely possible, but it's going to be difficult. Here's the thing . . . if UT doesn't beat SC, that is no reflection on Holly, even though I'm sure you and a handful of others will attempt to make it be all about her. The fact is, the program was in decline before Holly took over. That's right. That downward trend started several years before Holly took over the program. Holly has righted the ship and is doing a phenomenal job for a third year head coach. That's why I have a hard time understanding the small minority who refuse to support her.

Reactions: 2 people

I am seeing some growth in Holly. She has to get there before she can get our team there but she seems to be going in the right direction. If you look at the plethora of injuries she has had to deal with-from Tucker, to Russell, to Jones, and to Harrison she seems to be holding this together pretty well. Are there some things she could do better? Of course. But, as long as she is going in the right direction, and that does not always mean wins, then I am satisfied.

We have had a great basketball season and are getting ready to go into tournament. We need to really get behind these girls and support them with positive comments.

We lost Izzy and must go on without her. The players need all our support. We have great seniors and a great coaching staff. Let's give them as much support as they need.

We Vols are a class act and we need to act that way!! We have talent and heart.

This is a great OP and it's unfortunate that certain NegaVols felt the need to see to it that a thread giving the team support and accolades devolved into a whine fest. All fans should support the team and coaches, and those prone to histrionics and hyperbolic ranting should have enough wherewithal to keep their negativity to themselves or find another outlet in which to express it. This thread isn't the place.

I support Holly and the LV's. There are 351 D1 women's basketball programs in the NCAA. Many of those teams draw fewer than a thousand or so fans to the games. I would guess that there are close to 300 teams that have never been ranked in the top 25. They all have fan support in varying numbers. Some fans have become jaded after all the notoriety the LV's have received nationally and internationally. All the championships, SEC and NCAA, all the games where we never thought of losing, all the awards, etc. As far as UCONN goes, there never was a rivalry. But, it was great basketball games that brought many new fans to the sport. Maybe it's just me, but I've never criticized any of our LV coaches or players unless I thought I could do better and had a proven record. But, I don't. If any of us were, we'd be doing it.:hi:

VN Store

Back