A picture is worth a thousand words

madtownvol

11001714_920259011342211_6072280018128989681_o.jpg

Reactions: 26 people
"Crutches won't keep me off that ladder when y'all cut down them nets".......Izzy

I literally laughed out loud when I read this. Whatever you are drinking or smoking it must be good. If you are serious with this comment you are living in a fantasy world. Hope Vols women's team makes it there, but I would bet against them if I was one who is inclined to place bets.

I literally laughed out loud when I read this. Whatever you are drinking or smoking it must be good. If you are serious with this comment you are living in a fantasy world. Hope Vols women's team makes it there, but I would bet against them if I was one who is inclined to place bets.

I didn't say it was my words. However I would be severely disappointed in every person in that circle if that's not how they felt. It's called being a competitor. Izzy is that and she is a good teammate so I bet she has said similar.

Reactions: 17 people

Never breed.

Reactions: 19 people
"Crutches won't keep me off that ladder when y'all cut down them nets".......Izzy

I just happened upon your "Go Permian, Go Mojo" tag.
I am a San Angelo Central HS Bobcat circa 1987-1990.
Are you a West Texas human? I had a deep 'Bamaesque' hate for Mojo in my HS days...They were an absolute juggernaut. I have developed a respect for those kids as I've matured. Their West Texas world was alot rougher than ours, Coopers, Lees, etc. If you ever get an itch to journey to the West Texas HS football world of the 80's-early 90's...I am all here...Stoney Case was a beast...

I just happened upon your "Go Permian, Go Mojo" tag.
I am a San Angelo Central HS Bobcat circa 1987-1990.
Are you a West Texas human? I had a deep 'Bamaesque' hate for Mojo in my HS days...They were an absolute juggernaut. I have developed a respect for those kids as I've matured. Their West Texas world was alot rougher than ours, Coopers, Lees, etc. If you ever get an itch to journey to the West Texas HS football world of the 80's-early 90's...I am all here...Stoney Case was a beast...

No I went to Knoxville Central but loved the book and movie Friday Night Lights. I've read it a lot and seen it a ton. I follow them now. I have an aunt who lives in Fort Worth if I ever go visit her again then I want to make the drive down for an unusual bucket list check off on a Friday night game. I've got a Permian custom Jersey with Miles name on back with the movie #45 even though in book and real video he must have worn #35. Its a story most young men can relate to.

Reactions: 1 person
No I went to Knoxville Central but loved the book and movie Friday Night Lights. I've read it a lot and seen it a ton. I follow them now. I have an aunt who lives in Fort Worth if I ever go visit her again then I want to make the drive down for an unusual bucket list check off on a Friday night game. I've got a Permian custom Jersey with Miles name on back with the movie #45 even though in book and real video he must have worn #35. Its a story most young men can relate to.

I to have read the book, which I truly loved and have watched the movie several times. It was quite eye opening having grown up in West Texas with Permian kicking our a** every damn year. Those kids just hit harder than anyone in our district. We went through 2 a days in 100+ heat in full pads as well but, Permian always had that extra something in the 4th quarter. I wish the movie would have shown what it was like on Friday when Mojo Nation rolled into our town. Black semi with a huge white 'P' on the side hauling their portable 'locker room' and band's equipment. Their fans 10,000 + strong all clad in black filling the visitors side of our 20,000 seat stadium. Intimidating to say the least. Cow bells and air horns.
Dude, you have definitely got to get out their in October some day. Odessa is about 6.5 hours from Ft. Worth. It is the SEC of HS football!

I to have read the book, which I truly loved and have watched the movie several times. It was quite eye opening having grown up in West Texas with Permian kicking our a** every damn year. Those kids just hit harder than anyone in our district. We went through 2 a days in 100+ heat in full pads as well but, Permian always had that extra something in the 4th quarter. I wish the movie would have shown what it was like on Friday when Mojo Nation rolled into our town. Black semi with a huge white 'P' on the side hauling their portable 'locker room' and band's equipment. Their fans 10,000 + strong all clad in black filling the visitors side of our 20,000 seat stadium. Intimidating to say the least. Cow bells and air horns.
Dude, you have definitely got to get out their in October some day. Odessa is about 6.5 hours from Ft. Worth. It is the SEC of HS football!

Yeah I plan on it.

VN Store

Back