LADY VOL HOOPS CENTRAL: Alabama

VN News

#6/6 Tennessee (21-3, 11-0 SEC) hosts #10 Kentucky (19-5, 8-3 SEC) Sunday at 3 p.m. in the "Live Pink, Bleed Orange" game (ESPN2).
video_icon.png
WATCH LIVE (Blackout-SEC States) | LISTEN LIVE | LIVE BLOG | LIVE STATS | TICKETS

More...

Tennessee 75 Alabama 50 should be a win where Dunbar gets some playing time.

Post game will suffer with Cierra Burdick on the low block when Bashaara needs a breather. She doesn't play well with contact, and can't play with her back to the basket.

Holly may need to experiment playing Kortney at the 5. She's a nice, thick, sturdy girl and would probably do better than Nia for blocking out and putting a body on someone. Plus, she would open up the paint with her jumpshot. This would be as good a game as any for Holly to test her options.

Tennessee 75 Alabama 50 should be a win where Dunbar gets some playing time.

I would love to see the girls take Bama out early. I really think they will play better individually without Izzy because I believe in several ways Izzy was a crutch, especially for Graves. She passed up a lot of shots trying to get the ball to Izzy. This is not to say we will be better without Izzy because she will be difficult to replace. This will give us a chance to see who will step up and be the woman. I believe that the ladies :thumbsup:are going to step up and get it done.

Play Nia more minutes at the 5 cos Dunbar is not more ready to bang in the post than Moore, Nia just needs some confidence. Nia might be light in butt, but at least she knows the system and we wont have teach a freshman who let guards out tough her for rebounds.

Dunbar is soft but its expected she's a freshman. Well, the next couple games she should get more minutes.

I would love to see the girls take Bama out early. I really think they will play better individually without Izzy because I believe in several ways Izzy was a crutch, especially for Graves. She passed up a lot of shots trying to get the ball to Izzy. This is not to say we will be better without Izzy because she will be difficult to replace. This will give us a chance to see who will step up and be the woman. I believe that the ladies :thumbsup:are going to step up and get it done.

This will be a wipe out by the Lady Vols. I wanted to say we would beat them by thirty but stuck with 25. I expect our turnovers will be lower and our assists will be higher. If I was Holly I would stick with seven players and if Moore does play very limited minutes.

no, start Nia and play her till her tongue drags the floor or she fouls out, or 5 minutes....whichever comes 1st..... lol

She needs the court time to help us on Monday.

Reactions: 3 people
no, start Nia and play her till her tongue drags the floor or she fouls out, or 5 minutes....whichever comes 1st..... lol

She needs the court time to help us on Monday.

I am with you on this one Gule. This is a teaching moment for the coaches and Nia. We will need her against USC. If she even thought about playing Soft, I would be on her butt like stink on crap. If she is to ever shine, her time is now.

I am with you on this one Gule. This is a teaching moment for the coaches and Nia. We will need her against USC. If she even thought about playing Soft, I would be on her butt like stink on crap. If she is to ever shine, her time is now.

That's assuming she has the capabilities. She was a 3 star high school player who is skinny as hell. Expecting her to be able to go up against a pair of HS AAs and a likely Top 10 WNBA draft post player.

If she's going to be used, throw her in there while Ibiam is playing. Ibiam is still a much better player, but she's not as aggressive on offense. Coates will eat her up on both ends of the court.

That's assuming she has the capabilities. She was a 3 star high school player who is skinny as hell. Expecting her to be able to go up against a pair of HS AAs and a likely Top 10 WNBA draft post player.

There isn't really much of a choice unless you're planning to go with Graves and Burdick the entire game....

I'm hoping they will play match up zone and really pack it in when we play SC. Our only chance to win is to make them best us over the top. I know they have one really good three point shooter who we would have to extend on with somebody. I would let the rest shoot it from out there.

Last edited:
There isn't really much of a choice unless you're planning to go with Graves and Burdick the entire game....

That's what I predict: those two are going to have to play 35+ minutes each. Nared can spell for Cierra, but Graves could end up playing the whole game. Maybe sub Her for Moore when Ibiam comes back in later in the first half and in the second half and hope she doesn't take advantage of the mismatch.

Izzy would have had her hands full with SCs depth and size. Graves will have her work cut out for her.

It's really unfortunate Holly lost out on Jatarie White to Staley. While she sits on the bench as South Carolina's third string post, she would be contending for a starting spot right now at Tennessee. While they wanted her, Holly needed her....

Moore and Dunbar will have to play more--both of them. The problem with Moore is that, when she gets on the floor, she acts like she's just gotten off a plane in Karachi--struggles to get her bearings, is kind of late chasing her opponent around, and always commits a foul or two within seconds. But need to play her against the pink elephants and see how she responds.

It's really unfortunate Holly lost out on Jatarie White to Staley. While she sits on the bench as South Carolina's third string post, she would be contending for a starting spot right now at Tennessee. While they wanted her, Holly needed her....

At the time she committed, Mercedes Russell was already in orange. So the only reason she would be contending for a starting spot at Tennessee is because of the injuries to Russell and Harrison, not because of rotation.

I think the LVs will do just fine. They should have fewer turn overs because they are less likely to force the all into the post were at least half of their turn overs occur. They will miss some of Izzy's rebounds but not her fouls. A faster team is also more likely to handle the ball better in transition with fewer turn overs. The real test will come Monday against SC. Can they rebound with SC and can they stop SC's inside game? Should be a fun game to watch.

the short answer is "no & no" as per rebound w/ Sc & stop Sc inside...

couldn't do it with izzy either.

VN Store

Back