did we lose two players for the year in this game?

Darth_Vol

No one is really talking about yet another underplayed concussion story with the Harrison news, but anyone getting a strong feeling of Massengale/Jones deja vu with Reynolds? I'm not a neurologist, but getting dizzy within 2 minutes doesn't seem like a very good sign....

I'm an old fart and I've never seen anything like this. We may not have enough people to finish the season before all is said and done.

Jordan is cleared to play on Thursday. She got hit in the face yesterday, which caused dizziness. She will play on Thursday.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't she have another health issue game before kentucky or one before that?

She had got hit in the eye/face and didn't return at Ole Miss. I thought when she got hit in the face again playing Kentucky she might've been still suffering from the last hit to the face.

Yes, she's gotten knocked out of the last two games and if that info is correct already cleared to play again. Meanwhile Jasmine has been sitting on the bench all season. Strange things these concussions....

She had got hit in the eye/face and didn't return at Ole Miss. I thought when she got hit in the face again playing Kentucky she might've been still suffering from the last hit to the face.

They should sit her for the Bama game. We won't need her for them, and make sure she is healthy for USC.

Izzy has been fragile all season. She has had a fragile career. She plays with kind of a reckless abandon which is both good and bad. I suspect this ends her basketball career. She is pretty enough to go into broadcasting.

Reactions: 2 people
Izzy has been fragile all season. She has had a fragile career. She plays with kind of a reckless abandon which is both good and bad. I suspect this ends her basketball career. She is pretty enough to go into broadcasting.

well%2C%2Bthere%2Bit%2Bis.%2Bthe%2Bstupidest%2Bf%2Bucking%2Bthing%2Bi'll%2Bread%2Ball%2Bday..jpg

Reactions: 5 people

Tamika Catchings also ended her college career with a torn ACL, plays harder and with even more reckless abandon, and has had a 14 year professional career.

Reactions: 7 people
izzy has had 2 knee injuries. Similar to what Vicki Baugh went thru, how did that work out? :(

she hasn't played much if at all. She might have made a roster in the past but that's it. doubt she make one this coming year.

she hasn't played much if at all. She might have made a roster in the past but that's it. doubt she make one this coming year.

The WNBA is ruthlessly competitive. There are plenty of top flight college players that didn't have injuries that didn't make a final roster. The WNBA doesn't take charity cases. The fact that Vicki made a final roster, whether she is a league superstar or not, speaks for itself.

I hope we have enough healthy for the Georgia game, I'm going.

izzy has had 2 knee injuries. Similar to what Vicki Baugh went thru, how did that work out? :(

Similar? Baugh had TWO ACL tears in the same knee.

Izzy had an MCL sprain (a relatively minor injury) and now this ACL tear. Those are not similar situations at all.

Geez, this board needs Prozac; so many Nostradamuses of doom....

Reactions: 5 people
keep telling yourself that, madtownvol but 2 injuries are worst than one most every time, especially to the same joint. why would they be so dang worried now about multiple concussions if that wasn't the fact?

I hope Harrison can repair her knee and make it to the WNBA if that is HER goal. I just don't think personally that she will or would have even without the second injury. I'd like to see larger team rosters for WNBA teams. I think they are nuts trying to play with so few.

keep telling yourself that, madtownvol but 2 injuries are worst than one most every time, especially to the same joint. why would they be so dang worried now about multiple concussions if that wasn't the fact?

I hope Harrison can repair her knee and make it to the WNBA if that is HER goal. I just don't think personally that she will or would have even without the second injury. I'd like to see larger team rosters for WNBA teams. I think they are nuts trying to play with so few.

Gule, concussions are different kind if injury, just like the flu, asthma, and lung cancer are different. They all effect the lungs but in very different ways. Brain trauma involve very delicate and poorly understood neural networks. So, can we agree that the brain is a different part of the human anatomy than ACL and MCL ligaments?

Assuming that you agree, a sprained MCL heals on its own and generally does not need any corrective procedures. When it is healed it is healed with no lingering problems. An ACL is involves surgery and a long process of rebalancing and retraining muscles. Plus there can be complications in the leg which provides the tissue graft (such complications were a big part of Vicki Baugh's post-op problems).

It is just silly to say that it is the total number of injuries to a joint are all that matter and to not distinguish between the kind of injuries.

So, I am not telling myself anything other than recognizing some basic facts.

Last edited:
did I say that "total" number of injuries were all that mattered? You should try debating/arguing or whatever it is you do without making stuff up.

Gule, you wrote "keep telling yourself that, madtownvol but 2 injuries are worst than one most every time, especially to the same joint. why would they be so dang worried now about multiple concussions if that wasn't the fact?"

So what did I make up exactly?

VN Store

Back