Jasmine Jones officially to redshirt

finally Holly made the correct decision...maybe, and it is a big maybe, we will have enough to make a final four next year...with or without jones the team would not make it there this year...great decision...deshields will be a monster, jones should be solid, and hopefully russell figures out how to be a college player by next year and we may have something

Great move, she was not coming back this year, We are not finished. This team is still a FF team.

Last edited:
To me it means Holly has given up on this year... :(
Or it could mean that JJ is still suffering symptoms like she told Mickey D yesterday. How can Holly be seen as giving up on the season by redshirting a player that can't play. Come on now. You're better than that. JJ said she is fine shooting but she said when she jumps for rebounds or gets jostled she becomes dizzy.

Reactions: 3 people
She is not giving up on the season. No one should. We still have a very talented team. Let's just adjust and fight on! We are UT!

To me it means Holly has given up on this year... :(

I can't buy that Holly has given up. What is she to do if a player is suffering from concussion syndrome? I can't help but believe that she will still expect her team to play at a competitive high level. Lets give Holly a little credit.:good!:

finally Holly made the correct decision...maybe, and it is a big maybe, we will have enough to make a final four next year...with or without jones the team would not make it there this year...great decision...deshields will be a monster, jones should be solid, and hopefully russell figures out how to be a college player by next year and we may have something

Most likely, Holly had little to do with this. The medical staff would have the say about her ability or inability to return. From there, the decision to redshirt is a given.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't buy that Holly has given up. What is she to do if a player is suffering from concussion syndrome? I can't help but believe that she will still expect her team to play at a competitive high level. Lets give Holly a little credit.:good!:

Now don't go being reasonable about this. Sure, this decision was probably made by the medical staff and Holly has NO incentive to give up on the season (really, what would be gained here? A 5th year for Jones who might not even use it if she graduates and gets on the pro radar screen).

But, this decision is another opportunity for Holly bashing, the past time that never gets old for some.

The season is almost over: It would be stupid to play Jones now even if she could play, which she can't. Why waste a year of eligibility. Sad that this program has been so friggin' unlucky with injuries.

I think I get what your saying cos I thought the same thing. But I don't think a pupil of Pat will have any quit in them. I remember Pat was decimated by injuries and she took that team to final 4.

I think, the announcement was good, it kills two birds with one stone, you can only talk about both (Izzy orJaz) for so long, cos then it can become a distraction.

I am so happy for Jaz, work on ya game and handles ma since you cant jump.

It is just that the young lady has missed most of the season. Why waste a year of eligibility to play for 1/4th of the year?

Holly giving up! :eek:lol:
It was smart and the right thing to do.
Don't forget you are talking about one of Pat's disciples and they don't quit. :no::no:

GO VOLS!

I think we can still reach the elite 8 with the players we have. The rotation will be small so players will get a lot of minutes together in the next several games should really help chemistry and limit turnovers.

We will have two seniors next season Graves and Moore. Carter, Jones, and Reynolds will be juniors. DeShields, Tucker, Russell, Middleton, Nared, and Dunbar will be sophomores. Jackson and Cooper freshmen. I guess Nared and Jones will become post players at the four.

Might see Dunbar red-shirt next season to balance out positions, classes, and let her work on her strength/quickness. It will give a forward to that class which will help in the future. Tucker may never play, so the 2016-17 season is set up with 3 seniors, 4 juniors, and 3 sophomores.

Might see Dunbar red-shirt next season to balance out positions, classes, and let her work on her strength/quickness. It will give a forward to that class which will help in the future. Tucker may never play, so the 2016-17 season is set up with 3 seniors, 4 juniors, and 3 sophomores.

I wouldn't count Tucker out. She had her first surgery while still in high school and had those crazy personal problems she was dealing with and that maniac who was trying to control her. Then she had to have another surgery after she arrived. Those ACL surgeries can take up to two years and especially if they don't get the proper rehab. Tennessee has great surgeons and therapists so I think Tucker should have a chance to come back.

Reactions: 5 people

I hope they try to start working her at the 4 and give her a lot of practice time there. A 4 with the ability to step out and shoot threes really opens up an offense. She is such a heady player with good skill set. She needs to get tougher on the rebounds.

VN Store

Back