Dave Hart Mr. Controversy

Hart did what needed to be done...still let the basketball program keep the name. He has done a great job. We were lucky to get him.

Reactions: 36 people
Lady Vols legacy threatened by lawsuits, name change

Would love to see both Cheek and Hart go. Horrible leaders.

Yea, Hart doesn't need to go anywhere. Tyndall and Butch are great hires. He's cleaning up the campus, and he's getting us out of debt. The Lady Vols issue is getting looked at the wrong way. He was trying to unite us as one, you know, put women's sports on the same playing grounds as men's sports...

Reactions: 20 people
Yea, Hart doesn't need to go anywhere. Tyndall and Butch are great hires. He's cleaning up the campus, and he's getting us out of debt. The Lady Vols issue is getting looked at the wrong way. He was trying to unite us as one, you know, put women's sports on the same playing grounds as men's sports...

We looked like goobers with all the Lady Vols stuff...needed to catch up to the rest of the world.

Reactions: 17 people
I agree with the consensus, bounce the bugger picker and keep Hart he has done a good job with the hand he was dealt.

Reactions: 6 people
Overall, Hart has done a good job. He inherited a mess and has put us on a better track across the board. However, I was surprised he chose to pick a fight over the "Lady Vols" brand. With so many other important issues to address, this seemed misdirected. UT has long been a leader in women's sports thanks to Pat. Some have linked this change to Nike, but Nike doesn't run our AD. That having been said we are still lucky to have Hart.

Also, I think Hart needs to get out in front of the sexual assault issue and write the script of how it plays out within the department. Right now it is a building negative; but if managed properly, it can be a case of using lessons learned to make the department better.

Reactions: 2 people
Lady Vols legacy threatened by lawsuits, name change

Would love to see both Cheek and Hart go. Horrible leaders.

Fire the guy who hired butch jones? That makes a lot of sense. Over what? Lady vol basketball? Football is the money maker and nobody cares about the lady vols since pat is gone. They are just a good program now. They're not elite or title contenders anymore. Who cares about their name.

Reactions: 5 people
Fire the guy who hired butch jones? That makes a lot of sense. Over what? Lady vol basketball? Football is the money maker and nobody cares about the lady vols since pat is gone. They are just a good program now. They're not elite or title contenders anymore. Who cares about their name.
This^. Outside of the small group of stubborn fans, no one cares.id bet most people wouldn't put tenn in top 5 programs at this point if asked.

It's women's basketball, it's irrelevant in the big picture

Reactions: 2 people
The lady vol brand left when pat left. She was the whole brand.

Ahh, you are starting to get it. The worst repercussion of having a "Pat" like coach is that when they leave everyone is compared to them. By changing the Lady Vols to Vols we are getting away from our past, which is a good thing because no one, and I mean no one, will ever mean anything close to what Pat meant to UT. The Lady Vols logo is Pat Summit. Her legacy and well built empire should not be diminished by those who follow in her foot steps. It's time to move on to another chapter, and leave the legacy of the "Lady Vols" to Pat Summit forever.

Reactions: 9 people
Dave Hart is fixing everything that is wrong with athletics at Tennessee, I'm getting tired of all the crying over a name. You play for the University of Tennessee so you are a Volunteer and if you can't accept that pick a different school. I cant stand "lady vol" fans that only support the womens basketball program you guys come across really arrogant. Stop the PC crap, stop the crying get over it or get out.:hi:

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back