What is up with Jannah Tucker.

Think she is having lingering problems from her knee surgery. With her personal problems she might not have had proper rehabilitation after her surgery and might have cause her knee to never properly recover.

She had her surgery after coming to UT, didn't she? Or am I wrong? If so, her rehabilitation should have been handled properly. If she's still got knee issues, then I would assume they would be taken care of, one way or the other, this year. She didn't play for two years, so she has a lot of catching up to do and is not ready, obviously. It would be nice to get a report from someone who's seen her playing at practices but, good as this site is, there are no eyes at practices and Warlick never says anything specific. She just needs to keep pushing and hope to get some PT next year.

She is wait and see. I don't think you can write her off as of right now. She basically had another acl surgery in June or July and wasn't cleared to have contact until November. So she hasn't had much time to get confidence with trusting her knee or any actual conditioning. At least let her go through a full summer of workouts, before you say she won't play significant time at UT.

Wonder if they are thinking about a medical redshirt or some type of hardship clause? She started school a semester late so she could be counted as a freshman athletically right? Maybe Coach Jones helped them find a loophole! 😉

I think it is a combination of her mental thinking about her injury and the fact she hasn't played basketball in at least two seasons. I would think she would have a very hard time making the rotation next season due to the above two reason I mentioned. If she is not confident in the knee she want be able to play basketball. With all the perimeter players we have on the team next season where does she fit in.

Reynolds, Carter, Middleton, Jackson, Cooper, Deshields, and Dunbar for 120 minutes. It will take a lot of hard work and a huge gain in confidence for her to find any playing time in that group.

I think it is a combination of her mental thinking about her injury and the fact she hasn't played basketball in at least two seasons. I would think she would have a very hard time making the rotation next season due to the above two reason I mentioned. If she is not confident in the knee she want be able to play basketball. With all the perimeter players we have on the team next season where does she fit in.

Reynolds, Carter, Middleton, Jackson, Cooper, Deshields, and Dunbar for 120 minutes. It will take a lot of hard work and a huge gain in confidence for her to find any playing time in that group.

That is a shame but sounds like she might be SOL.

She had her surgery after coming to UT, didn't she? Or am I wrong? If so, her rehabilitation should have been handled properly. If she's still got knee issues, then I would assume they would be taken care of, one way or the other, this year. She didn't play for two years, so she has a lot of catching up to do and is not ready, obviously. It would be nice to get a report from someone who's seen her playing at practices but, good as this site is, there are no eyes at practices and Warlick never says anything specific. She just needs to keep pushing and hope to get some PT next year.

Her ACL was her junior year in High School. Don't think she has had any surgery since. Will try to do internet search.

Internet search. Think her second surgery was called a micro fracture repair whatever that is. So, she has a year after that before she is really recovered. So, don't expect anything until next year.

Internet search. Think her second surgery was called a micro fracture repair whatever that is. So, she has a year after that before she is really recovered. So, don't expect anything until next year.

Micro-fracture surgery is used to regenerate cartilage. Amar'e Stoudemire had it and it took him almost 2 seasons to fully recovery. Of course, every case is different but not should be surprised that she is not ready to go full bore just a few months after this procedure.

Reactions: 2 people
Micro-fracture surgery is used to regenerate cartilage. Amar'e Stoudemire had it and it took him almost 2 seasons to fully recovery. Of course, every case is different but not should be surprised that she is not ready to go full bore just a few months after this procedure.

A few Pro football players have never recovered from micro-fracture surgery, however, with the advances in that type of surgery many are getting back as good as before, Spenser of the Dallas Cowboys. It would be a shame for such a talent not to play at the college level. If she comes back, boy will we be loaded. If somehow we could sign that center, first name Evelyn, who is a top JC recruit, we would be set. I think we will be set anyway but a little extra talent does not hurt. :good!:

There must be some sort of issue with her knee/knee rehabilitation. Why else would she not get at least a few minutes of action in last night's blowout? I can't recall the beat reporters (on UT videos) asking Warlick about Tucker's status, but then Warlick never says much of anything. It is too bad that nobody on this (otherwise wonderful) site has access to practice. I don't think I've heard one thing about Tucker or her knee, or how she looks in practice, this year.

I believe she will get there. Hard work over the off season will do a great deal to gain confidence. We need her 3 point shooting.

Let's hope the coaches can bring her around. We need her skill.

There must be some sort of issue with her knee/knee rehabilitation. Why else would she not get at least a few minutes of action in last night's blowout?

Madtown explained about the prolonged recovery period two posts above yours.

VN Store

Back