Naysayers Keep It To Yourselves

teacherdean

As one of the biggest naysayers on this site, all I can say is great game. Way to keep the team together Holly. I have to give you credit you kept the girls in the game and they produced like champions though their leader was down and out. You ladies kicked some serious KAT butt.

Reactions: 11 people
As one of the biggest naysayers on this site, all I can say is great game. Way to keep the team together Holly. I have to give you credit you kept the girls in the game and they produced like champions though their leader was down and out. You ladies kicked some serious KAT butt.

:good!: Took the words right out of my big mouth.

Seems like injury had more of an effect on Kentucky, than the Lady Vols. I saw a lil toughness from our ladies today. They could have folded, keep on fighting ladies.

Reactions: 1 person
Really played well. They looked like a stronger team after Izzy went out, (only bcuz they needed others to step up. Not knockin Izzy.) as if they were out to prove something. Hope the good mojo stays w them for another 8 days!

What got into Massengale in the second half? She looked like a different player than the one who's been playing scared and bad for much of the last 15 games or so. She had the eye of the tiger--but why does it take an injury to get her motivated and playing tough? She should be playing like that every game.

What got into Massengale in the second half? She looked like a different player than the one who's been playing scared and bad for much of the last 15 games or so. She had the eye of the tiger--but why does it take an injury to get her motivated and playing tough? She should be playing like that every game.

All of the Lady Vols should play the way they did the second half every game. If they do, they will be a serious factor in the conference championship, which they already are, and the NC. The team we saw in the second half, has a legit chance of making it into the final four. They refused to get beat, and played like they had a chip on their shoulders, which is a side I haven't seen lately.

Anyone else like a hot, steaming, mound of crow? :)

GO LADYVOLS!

The problem is that Holly might be part of the problem and was evident from the team's performance. Maybe she stresses too much to get the ball to Harrison that the rest of the team plays passive. And, when Harrison went down the real team stepped up? I think the pressure of getting the ball to Harrison too much increases her chance of injury and puts too much pressure on her. It needs to be spread around.

I don't think that's the case at all. Griner was used the same way in Baylor's offense. Izzy plays aggressive, she demands the ball and she goes for the ball hard.

Reactions: 2 people
I saw a lot of chemistry from the lineup of Nared, Graves, Burdick, Carter, and Massengale. Those five looked like a well oiled machine. It is the best I have seen five Lady Vols play together in a very long time.

To me they just seemed more fluid. It is obvious that the guards can drive to the basket and score. The girls just looked more relaxed. I think our offense is way too boring. It was good to see the girls play loose but yet in control. I just hope Holly took note of this. For the first time in a while our offense was unpredictable.

Anyone else like a hot, steaming, mound of crow? :)

GO LADYVOLS!

I am not exactly eating crow but giving credit where credit is due. Holly deserves a few pats on the back and also a few, "What the hell were you thinking?" We are winning and she is the head coach, so her coaching has positives and right now her positives out weigh her negatives.

Ut will never win a nc with holly on the sideline. Women's basketball is still UConn and everybody else. It's a 1 team sport.

Ut will never win a nc with holly on the sideline. Women's basketball is still UConn and everybody else. It's a 1 team sport.

So with this logic, you want Geno as a head coach ? I agree right with you that right now it is UConn and everyone else, but who do you want as head coach ?

Wish I could find it, but on game yesterday they showed Holly's record as head coach - something like a .830 winning record, .750 against top 10 ranked teams, SEC regular season championship year one, SEC tournament Championship Year 2 - ranked # 6 in nation year 3 with Mercedes and Diamond waiting to come on next year.

Again, who do you want ???????????????

Reactions: 7 people
What does she do in the ncaa tournament? Gets drilled. I think ut could find 5-10 better coaches but following pat is impossible to do. Tough job but I don't even see holly making a final 4. I think they get beat in the sweet 16 this year.

Wish I could find it, but on game yesterday they showed Holly's record as head coach - something like a .830 winning record, .750 against top 10 ranked teams, SEC regular season championship year one, SEC tournament Championship Year 2 - ranked # 6 in nation year 3 with Mercedes and Diamond waiting to come on next year.

I am in total agreement and sympathy with but sadly this is a futile battle; the anti-Holly crowd is oblivious to evidence. So, when CHW's team rallies againt KY after losing 2 key players to injury (one potentially season ended injury to the team' star), WELL, that effected KY more than the LVs!

Genius insight! I mean that is what always happens when one team loses their best player; the other team is the one disadvantaged. Holly's preparation and coaching had nothing to do with the win; KY was just thrown off guard by the LVs not having their best players. Poor, poor KY, what a terrible break for them.

And remember though, Mitchell is a way better coach than Holly! He and his hair are slicker in press conferences. If Mitchell were at the LV's helm, why we could have four well-coached losses in the SEC instead of muddling through an undefeated conference schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Holly will never be a contender for a nc. She'll win sec titles, get 1,2 seeds in the tourney and get knocked out before the final 4 year after year. If ut fans are fine with that so be it. I get that we will never be UConn but pat set the bar higher then winning sec titles. Let's not forget what our standards are. Football has already forgot our standards. Celebrating 6-6 and winning a nobody bowl game. Don't let that happen to the lady vols too.

Holly will never be a contender for a nc. She'll win sec titles, get 1,2 seeds in the tourney and get knocked out before the final 4 year after year. If ut fans are fine with that so be it. I get that we will never be UConn but pat set the bar higher then winning sec titles. Let's not forget what our standards are. Football has already forgot our standards. Celebrating 6-6 and winning a nobody bowl game. Don't let that happen to the lady vols too.

Great information!! Could you look into your crystal ball and let me know who will win the KY Derby this year and what stocks will be hot in 2015?

Thank you,

MTV

Great information!! Could you look into your crystal ball and let me know who will win the KY Derby this year and what stocks will be hot in 2015?

Thank you,

MTV

Crystal ball pick this year. Ut doesn't make the final 4 and UConn "the only team in women's basketball" will win the title again. Next year. Ut will miss the final 4 and UConn " the only team in women's basketball will win the title again". If you need 3 years from now crystal ball info just ask lol. Women's basketball is pretty simple to predict. There's 1 team and then there's everybody else playing for fun.

So with this logic, you want Geno as a head coach ? I agree right with you that right now it is UConn and everyone else, but who do you want as head coach ?

There are a lot of us who believe that Holly is not the answer, but how can one argue against her record. We can call it luck or whatever we want, but the record speaks for itself. Does she seem like the next Gino (Coaching genius only)? Not even close, however, at this point, who is? Maybe a few close ones, Muffy, Jeff, Mulkey, or Tara.

If Izzy is gone for good or for a little while, we will learn a lot about Holly's coaching ability. Next Sunday against USC will say a lot about the condition of our program without Izzy. It will also go a long way to answer if we are a winning team with final four capability. By the way do we know anything about Izzy?

Last edited:
Crystal ball pick this year. Ut doesn't make the final 4 and UConn "the only team in women's basketball" will win the title again. Next year. Ut will miss the final 4 and UConn " the only team in women's basketball will win the title again". If you need 3 years from now crystal ball info just ask lol. Women's basketball is pretty simple to predict. There's 1 team and then there's everybody else playing for fun.

Cool! You should definitely contact Kim Mulkey and Brittany Griner (and Louisville for that matter) with that important information. Someone did not get the memo....

There are a lot of us who believe that Holly is not the answer, but how can one argue against her record. We can call it luck or whatever we want, but the record speaks for itself. Does she seem like the next Gino (Coaching genius only)? Not even close, however, at this point, who is? Maybe a few close ones, Muffy, Jeff, Mulkey, or Tara.

Likewise, there are many of us who believe she IS the answer and, of course, there is her record -- which is positively outstanding for a 3rd year head coach -- to back it up. As with pretty much anything in life, a lot in basketball depends on luck, but Holly's record certainly isn't based solely on luck. She's a very good coach and appears to be getting better and better, and it's rather asinine for those who purport to be a fans to insinuate that they don't really like her as coach but can't find a solid reason why, since she has quite an impressive win-loss record as well as a seemingly very amiable personality. The other coaches mentioned are all excellent coaches with far more head coaching experience than Holly at this point (and regardless of what anyone says, being a head coach is entirely different from being an assistant). That said, all of the above named coaches have coached poorly on occasion. It happens.

VN Store

Back