Izzy Maybe Out Pending the Injury

teacherdean

Izzy has my prayers because when she went down my heart dropped. Let's pray for a quick recovery, not only for basketball but for her as a person. We say a lot of things, good and bad about our team, but one thing we should all do is pray for the health and welfare of the girls on our team.

Reactions: 10 people
I do not know if my earlier thread made it but we all need to pray for our Lady Vols and all their injured players. We need to pray for Izzy and a quick recovery as well as for Jordan.

Last edited:
I only. Saw last ten minutes of the game.
Announcers only referenced a serious leg injury possibility.
Anyone heard if it's knee or ankle?

No matter from the pain she seemed to be in, I would say that the girls may have To go on without Izzy. They showed exactly what they are capable of after Izzy went down. Everyone upstepped their game and played at a high level. I would say from what I saw during the second half, do not count the Lady Vols out as the announcers seemed to do after Izzy was hurt.

Reactions: 1 person
I watched the video recap of the game and from what I saw Reynolds was jumping up and down on the sideline cheering ... Looks ok. Won't know anything until mid next week about Izzy

I would think the knee brace she wears would prevent an injury such as this,or at least make it not as severe.

When you get clipped like she did there is nothing that is going to prevent that injury. When your body goes one way and the whole weight of the other player hits your knee going the other way something has to give. It was gruesome to look at.

I was sitting right in front of Izzy when she got her legs cut out from under her. It looked pretty bad and they took her away in a wheelchair. I WILL keep her and all the other players on every team to remain safe. Also when I say my prayers I ask GOD to keep an eye on the lost.

I'm surprised she's lasted this long with the mugging she's taken all season. Just really hate this for her.

GO VOLS!

When will we get an update on her status?

It will probably be a few days. Some of the immediate swelling in her knee needs to subside before they can get good readings from an MRI scan.

The medical staff can do manual testing to assess her ACL and other knee ligaments but official information is usually not released before the conclusive evidence of the MRI is known.

When will we get an update on her status?

Generally we should know Tuesday if it is a torn knee ligament. MRI will reveal that. If MRI shows it is not torn, then they have to wait until the swelling goes down to give an exact diagnosis if they are unable to determine on Tuesday. Hopefully it is not torn. I would say if we have no news by Tuesday, then I would lean towards not a tear generally.

Generally we should know Tuesday if it is a torn knee ligament. MRI will reveal that. If MRI shows it is not torn, then they have to wait until the swelling goes down to give an exact diagnosis if they are unable to determine on Tuesday. Hopefully it is not torn. I would say if we have no news by Tuesday, then I would lean towards not a tear generally.
Pretty late in the season and knees are not easy to rehab especially in a fast time frame.

VN Store

Back