the Game will be Televised on

ESPNU

you can stream the Game here

Watch #6 Tennessee vs. Florida (W Basketball) Live Online at WatchESPN

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live

or here

Sports Radio WNML

the Lady Vols are Ranked 6th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 6th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

Florida isn't ranked

as usual,stay out of early foul trouble,rebound, play great defense and stop the bad passing turnovers

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

it is good timing for the Lady Vols to get a breather between games,hopefully it is enough time for Izzy and others with nagging injures to get healed up a bit

Dang it, was planning on driving up to see the game on Sunday but will have to be in Tampa instead to pickup my MIL at the airport. Will just have to see them at the FF instead, I hope.... :)

If we play like we are capable of, this should be in the bag. I would love for us to beat Florida where with 10 minutes to go, there is no doubt that an LV victory is a pre gone conclusion. I hate games where it is obvious that we have the better talent but our play keep the game in doubt until there are about 3 to 4 minutes, or less, to go. If you got the knifes go for the throat.

If we play like we are capable of, this should be in the bag. I would love for us to beat Florida where with 10 minutes to go, there is no doubt that an LV victory is a pre gone conclusion. I hate games where it is obvious that we have the better talent but our play keep the game in doubt until there are about 3 to 4 minutes, or less, to go. If you got the knifes go for the throat.

Florida has been a huge bust this year in the SEC. This is one that I'd like to see Tennessee "Uconn" them in the first half, and send in the bench very early in the 2nd half. Let Ariel sit so she doesn't suffer PTSD.

Dang it, was planning on driving up to see the game on Sunday but will have to be in Tampa instead to pickup my MIL at the airport. Will just have to see them at the FF instead, I hope.... :)

gule, Priorities, priorities, priorities!

Send Wifey, she will understand.:) you go to the game.

Reactions: 1 person
Sure wish Holly would rest Isabelle Harrison this game and Ole Miss game. The Lady Vols can win the next two games without her. Need to get her healthy for the next game against Kentucky, and the big game with South Carolina, and the SEC finals.:elephant::number1:

Reactions: 2 people
I might be able to do that, Smallvol. Wifey hates driving to Tampa airport though which is crazy because it's the easiest thing to get into & out of I ever saw. :(

i'm with ladyvol,i would love to see Izzy not have to play a lot of minutes and get the freshmen into the game for substantial minutes

Amen to freeing Nia. Young lady was there for the Ladies during the first few games when players were serving suspensions. She's earned additional minutes of playing time to rest Harrison and Graves more.

We should win, but I will say this Florida is no pushover. They have pretty good point guard play and we better be looking out for Brooke Copeland. She is very good and shocked that UT didn't recruit her. She is a 6'2 forward that played at Bradley Central in Cleveland, Tn. Only a freshman.

She will probably knock another knot on my head then and say "gule you" lol

if your lucky gule,that is all she will say

I would love to see her get a bunch of playing time against the gators,she has improved her game a lot this year,if she was just carrying another 100 lbs she would be dangerous :)

Florida has been a huge bust this year in the SEC. This is one that I'd like to see Tennessee "Uconn" them in the first half, and send in the bench very early in the 2nd half. Let Ariel sit so she doesn't suffer PTSD.

We are capable, we just got to get it done. But we had better not take the Gators for granite or they will whip our butts or at least scare the crap out of us. I say start your starters with the hope that they bury the Gators early so that the bench can get some floor time.

Last edited:
We are capable, we just got to get it done. But we had better not take the Gators for granite or they will whip our butts or at least scare the crap out of us. I say start your starters with the hope that they bury the Gators early so that the bench can get some floor time.

That's what I mean: lsniff out for blood from tip off and don't let up. Build up a big lead, and let the reserves finish the game.

That's been their problem for the past few years. They let lesser teams hang with them for 35 minutes before they pound the accelerator. Put them away early, and Holly can feel comfortable about putting the bench in for extended periods.

Yeah this should be the develop the bench stretch, a great time to get Nared, Dunbar, Middleton, and Nia extended minutes, with one or two starters on the floor preferably Reynolds, Carter and Graves.

Now that we know we can play some defense, and now we also know we can play offense, a 40-minute game is just what we need, and for the rest of the season!

I'm totally with you

The LadyVols can probably name the score on Florida. Florida needs to be looking for a new Women's basketball coach after the season is over.

Geno's response to players not giving their all against a less than average Memphis team.This sounds like something CPS would've done, maybe Holly could pull a page from either CPS' or Geno's book; otherwise, she should get used to coaching average teams with goals of reaching the sweet 16 and at best the elite 8.

"This isn't some subliminal message I'm sending to them where I expect them to read between the lines," Auriemma said. "This is very flat out."

He said he didn't care "if you're the national player of the year or the greatest thing that's ever walked the face of the Earth playing basketball. There's a certain level of play that I've been accustomed to at Connecticut. If you're not there, then you're not playing."

VN Store

Back