Lady Vols lead the nation

oUTraged

In thumbing through the schedules of the top 25 on the ESPN site, I noticed that the Lady Vols have seven victories against TOP 25 competition. That's the most in the nation. Notre Dame has six victories against TOP 25 opponents and no one else has more than four. Not bad for a team and a coach that can't win the big games.

Reactions: 6 people
... without Mercedes, and currently with Jasmine and 100% Izzy
Noticed last game that Izzy had wraps of some kind on knee, shoulder & hand.
GLV!!

Reactions: 1 person
In thumbing through the schedules of the top 25 on the ESPN site, I noticed that the Lady Vols have seven victories against TOP 25 competition. That's the most in the nation. Notre Dame has six victories against TOP 25 opponents and no one else has more than four. Not bad for a team and a coach that can't win the big games.

There is no doubt that we have final 4 personnel, the issue will be getting there. They could have beaten ND had Izzy been on her game and not missed a lot of shots. As said many times we should have gone from woman to woman to zone. The back door was open all night. Against the top five teams we will need to make better decisions and play under control. If not all the positive records in the world will not mean Jack Crap.

If we can maintain the opponents superstar in the Elite 8/Sweet 16 we will do great. We should try doing Box and 1. Also, Burdick, Graves and Izzy will take us far if they are on their A games.

I think it's just a mental hurdle. This year's Seniors have not yet beaten Notre Dame or got to a final 4. We will have a class of players that finally says, "enough of this s%#^" and doesn't get intimidated and brings their A game and wins. I hope it happens this year, but we'll see.

It also depends on where we are on the bracket. I would hate be a 2 seed in UCONN bracket.

It also depends on where we are on the bracket. I would hate be a 2 seed in UCONN bracket.

The 2 seed in UConn's bracket would essentially be the lowest 2 seed. That won't be us. We will likely be in Oklahoma City against Notre Dame. Our seeding will depend mostly on what South Carolina does. If they win the SEC and tournament, they will be in Greensboro, which means we won't be. If they lose both, we could take that #1 seed, but ND would likely be ahead of us, as would Baylor. Thus, we could be sent to Spokane, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

There is a lot of basketball left to play, and we still have a shot at a #1 seed, or a top two 2 seed.

We definitely control our destiny for a #1 seed with all the good competition we have to face but that obviously makes it more difficult. I also think Baylor and Maryland can both lose at least once or twice before the seeding is done possibly opening the door again for us and South Carolina to both get a #1 again IF the losses are minimized.

I think Cierra has taken on the leadership role. You always have to have that player that pushes the game and I think Cierra is it. It will open up the Lady Vols game plan to new heights. I expect big things from the girls! GBO! :rock:

Reactions: 2 people
The 2 seed in UConn's bracket would essentially be the lowest 2 seed. That won't be us. We will likely be in Oklahoma City against Notre Dame. Our seeding will depend mostly on what South Carolina does. If they win the SEC and tournament, they will be in Greensboro, which means we won't be. If they lose both, we could take that #1 seed, but ND would likely be ahead of us, as would Baylor. Thus, we could be sent to Spokane, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

There is a lot of basketball left to play, and we still have a shot at a #1 seed, or a top two 2 seed.

raider, we weren't the lowest #2 seed Pat's last year when they sent us to Des Moines to play the top #1 seed (Baylor). So couldn't it be "deja vu all over again"?

Best thing is just to beat everybody left and get an outright #1 seed:rock:

Reactions: 4 people
If we win out and beat SC and then win the SEC tourny...it'll be hard not to give us a #1 seed regardless if Maryland or Baylor loses! But that's just my opinion! Our conference is stronger and we have more wins against ranked teams than anyone in the nation...if we win out...we'll be facing more ranked teams and beating them....how does that not deserve a #1 seed? But we know how the NCAA does sometimes....I'm still pissed that year they sent us to the Baylor region! We weren't the last #2 that year by no means!!!

If we win out and beat SC and then win the SEC tourny...it'll be hard not to give us a #1 seed regardless if Maryland or Baylor loses! But that's just my opinion! Our conference is stronger and we have more wins against ranked teams than anyone in the nation...if we win out...we'll be facing more ranked teams and beating them....how does that not deserve a #1 seed? But we know how the NCAA does sometimes....I'm still pissed that year they sent us to the Baylor region! We weren't the last #2 that year by no means!!!

I was so pissed. I feel like we get the worst luck but then again we've been in great situations. We lost to Louisville when they beat Baylor then last year we lost to Maryland.

There is no doubt that we have final 4 personnel, the issue will be getting there. They could have beaten ND had Izzy been on her game and not missed a lot of shots. As said many times we should have gone from woman to woman to zone. The back door was open all night. Against the top five teams we will need to make better decisions and play under control. If not all the positive records in the world will not mean Jack Crap.

I agree,but I think Russell being out this year is a huge factor and didn't she have the problems with her feet before she got to the Lady Vols ?

has anybody heard how her rehab is going ? I have no idea what she should be doing at this point or not or exactly what all was done,as far as the surgery

is it some walking,jogging or working a little bit on court ? or just some Lady Vols bunny slippers and a good soak ? :)

Last edited:
I was so pissed. I feel like we get the worst luck but then again we've been in great situations. We lost to Louisville when they beat Baylor then last year we lost to Maryland.

Yea those L's to Louisville and Maryland were quite disappointing! Especially the Louisville one....IMO even with Shoni we should have won that game.

I agree,but I think Russell being out this year is a hugh factor and didn't she have the problems with her feet before she got to the Lady Vols ?

has anybody heard how her rehab is going ? I have no idea what she should be doing at this point or not or exactly what all was done,as far as the surgery

is it some walking,jogging or working a little bit on court ? or just some Lady Vols bunny slippers and a good soak ? :)

Last I heard Mercedes and Diamond both started to practice with the team....to what extent idk.

Yea those L's to Louisville and Maryland were quite disappointing! Especially the Louisville one....IMO even with Shoni we should have won that game.

Per the MD fans we met at the FF, the SS was the only time they saw that team all year. That what we saw at the FF was representative of how MD played (not too well). We and L just caught them in a hot moment...and if you saw CBF's pregame talks, it's understandable. But no team can play over their heads like that for an extended period:mf_surrender:

Louisville beat Baylor because the refs would not call the numerous and obvious fouls they committed, especially against BG (and I don't like BG, sorry, Baylorbear). If the game had been called equally, Baylor would have won.

Then L came in all high, and we were still in shock over not playing Baylor. We just plain old got beat. I agree we should have won, but should have and did are 2 different things:eek::furious3:

Hopefully this year we keep our heads straight and play to our abilities. Do that, we have a good chance; if we don't, we go home.:disappointed:

that is good to hear Ladyvol

mule, my understanding is DD is full go, practicing with the team and per CHW making them better by doing so. Also that MR is full go approved, not sure that means she is doing so. As others have posted, it takes a while to get back in playing shape plus there is the psychological factor of being confident in one's body taking the stress/beating.

I remember CHW stating a while back that Mercedes could have been back by January or Feb of this year but she decided to redshirt her the whole year so she would not deprive her of 4 full years to play. So...that IMO would mean she's good to at least be practicing now and has all these practices and the summer to get back into shape. Because of that, I think she will be just fine. Looking for her to have a huge year next year!

I love women's basketball and I respect Geno a lot as far as being a HOF coach but am I the only person who doesn't read or watch anything when it comes to UCONN?

Reactions: 3 people
I love women's basketball and I respect Geno a lot as far as being a HOF coach but am I the only person who doesn't read or watch anything when it comes to UCONN?

There's not much incentive to read articles that start with "UConn wins by 50 points".

He's done a great job with his team after losing two starters. They smell blood early and pounce. I hope Tennessee can start doing the same against the lesser teams in the SEC.

I only watch when they are playing ND, I will be watching the SC game though.

nope,of course all i ever check up on is the Lady Vols ,actually if the Vols aren't playing,i don't watch the game,I was late getting home Super Bowl Sunday and i watched the Lady Vols game instead since i had it recorded

and why post his name on here,I'm sure they have a suck ass forum somewhere , I'm sorry but i just had to say that :) that shot wasn't directed at you lol

it is great to hear that Russell is finally ready to go,it is a shame that she will most likely miss this entire year,it would have been great to see her and Izzy play together all year,we wouldn't be able to complain every time Izzy got into early foul trouble

Russell would have come in and took control of the paint

hopefully :)

nope,of course all i ever check up on is the Lady Vols ,actually if the Vols aren't playing,i don't watch the game,I was late getting home Super Bowl Sunday and i watched the Lady Vols game instead since i had it recorded

and why post his name on here,I'm sure they have a suck ass forum somewhere , I'm sorry but i just had to say that :) that shot wasn't directed at you lol

it is great to hear that Russell is finally ready to go,it is a shame that she will most likely miss this entire year,it would have been great to see her and Izzy play together all year,we wouldn't be able to complain every time Izzy got into early foul trouble

Russell would have come in and took control of the paint

hopefully :)

:)

VN Store

Back