Burdick Named SEC Player Of The Week

VN News

After averaging 20 points and shooting 57 percent in a pair of wins last week, senior forward Cierra Burdick was named the SEC Women's Basketball Player of the Week on Monday.

More...

Reactions: 2 people
Congrats to Burdick!! She should be called out for her play. Girl is on fire to keep TN on top & in the win column. We need three more like her.

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder who would win a race between Burdick and Dunbar? They are the same size @ Would we live long enuff to ever find out?

Well deserved she is playing like the five star that Tennessee recruited. I have been one of her worst critics. I have nothing but admiration for the way she has turned this season around and become a key player for us.

Reactions: 3 people
I remember during the exhibition season some idiot armchair coach was calling for Holly to bench her. --------You know who you are--------.

Reactions: 4 people
Congrats Ms Burdick, it was a great weekend in K town with the girls and guys both taking care of business.. keep it up.

she was playing like crap then.

It went well beyond that with personal insults, calling her toxic, selfish, not a team player, and wanting her thrown out of the program.

Burdick gets the last laugh, showing how little basketball knowledge some of the fans have on this forum....

Reactions: 7 people
Darth,

On this issue, we are in total agreement. The animosity toward CB was baffling (albeit it was expressed by a relatively small faction of posters). If I recall,the other side of Burdick bashing was deep frustration and resentment that she was playing ahead of Kortney Dunbar. That one baffled until it became clear that KD is lustily viewed by some posters as the newest addition to the "Hot LV" pantheon. At least it makes sense now but like you said, it wasn't much about b-ball.

At the time, Burdick wasn't scoring, her defense was terrible and she was a TO machine. With all the pre-season buildup of Dunbar the shooter, the fact that Holly never gave her any time on the court when we needed points was what had us going bonkers. I NEVER attacked Burdick as a person.

Likewise, even though Nia is the most beautiful girl in the world(lol) it was the fact that Graves was throwing all her shots into the bottom of the rim and then pouting about it that had me calling for more Moore minutes. Graves has turned her act around and Nia has proven to be too passive for SEC play.

I still have hope for Nia to put it all together but she is running out of chances....

Last edited:
Darth,

On this issue, we are in total agreement. The animosity toward CB was baffling (albeit it was expressed by a relatively small faction of posters). If I recall,the other side of Burdick bashing was deep frustration and resentment that she was playing ahead of Kortney Dunbar. That one baffled until it became clear that KD is lustily viewed by some posters as the newest addition to the "Hot LV" pantheon. At least it makes sense now but like you said, it wasn't much about b-ball.

CB had a slow start; some of it was her fault. She had a hard time coming back from her 2 games suspension and I think it affected the team as well as her play (reference UTC:no:). So, bad Cierra, having said that, let's get over it and appreciate what she has done for the team...in previous years as well as this year.

And as for looks...if anyone thinks some people don't differentiate between athletes, I'm still looking for a 'Hot Vols' on the men's basketball or football forums. These young ladies have enough on them without posters discussing their physical attractiveness or lack thereof. I know most of you appreciate all our Ladys, but I hate to think if some of them came on this site. I honestly hope they have enough sense not to do so.

OK, rant closed. :) love youall

Reactions: 3 people
I wonder who would win a race between Burdick and Dunbar? They are the same size @ Would we live long enuff to ever find out?

You are just a complete hater. I would respect you if you were honest enough to just say you don't like Burdick, but then again, I don't expect you to be honest on anything! Take the hate talk else where, its not needed or wanted here!!:thumbsup:

I've made no secret of being an old geezer around here. What does that have to do with anything? Other than the fact that I've seen almost every Lady Vol bballer who ever played and can judge the effectiveness of today's team members against the abilities of their predecessors, it means squat.

I NEVER attacked Burdick as a person.

Then my post probably wasn't referring to you. As someone previously said, those that attacked her know who they are. Don't hold your breath waiting for them to own up to it now....

Well deserved she is playing like the five star that Tennessee recruited. I have been one of her worst critics. I have nothing but admiration for the way she has turned this season around and become a key player for us.

I too. Good for her and we were hard on her cos she wasn't playing upto her potential.

VN Store

Back