Lady Vols Softball Ranked 8th(in SEC)

Don't worry about. The Weekleys have been recruiting some real sluggers. We do need pitching but all that will be decided between the lines.

I think this yr's Lady Vols will be just fine when all's said and done/dust settles. However, unlike the previous yrs I've lowered my expectations; I don't think we'll be competing for a natty or SEC title this year. But we'll be a solid NCAA team competing for a spot in super regional at the end of year. There's just so much youth on the team, and so much unknown with our pitching situation. As with youth it's hard to predict how they will gel, come together as a team, and compete well as a cohesive unit. And I'm not sure how Gabriel will respond after subpar years/injury…But there's still plenty of talents on board to get the job done.

Reactions: 1 person
Eighth looks low, but when you look beneath them, there are still good teams there too. That's the nature of the conference.

Anyone hear how the transfer Aucion is looking on the mound? Also, I notice that Tarango is listed as IF/P, but Gaffin is listed as just OF. Are the plans still to use Gaffin as a pitcher too? Thanks.

It will all be about pitching for this team. If Gabriel, Aucion, and Gaffin come through we'll finish higher than eighth. We can hit with anybody but our pitching is suspect.

UTSports still calls them the Lady Vols

The Lady Vols collected just about every major award in collegiate softball in 2014 and return 2014

UTSports apparently didn't get the memo.

They aren't the Lady Vols.

I thought the whole rebranding and dropping the Lady starts when the new Nike contract starts which is July 1, I think. So for this season they still are officially called Lady Vols. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Don't worry about. The Weekleys have been recruiting some real sluggers. We do need pitching but all that will be decided between the lines.

Is there any way possible to have a championship type major level lady softball team without a dominate, top flight pitcher? one player can make so much difference between having a good team and a great team. somehow doesn't seem right.

Is there any way possible to have a championship type major level lady softball team without a dominate, top flight pitcher? one player can make so much difference between having a good team and a great team. somehow doesn't seem right.

Probably not, but dominant pitchers are far and few between. I'd say one comes along (nation wide) in about everey 3rd recruiting cycle. There are many very good ones, but very few dominant ones, and Im sure we could all name most of them from the last decade.

I am gaining a lot of confidence that Aucoin is as good a pitcher as Renfroe. If that turns out to be true the 8th in the SEC will be far from true we'll definitely be in the top four in the league.

I am gaining a lot of confidence that Aucoin is as good a pitcher as Renfroe. If that turns out to be true the 8th in the SEC will be far from true we'll definitely be in the top four in the league.

Has she been our main pitcher? Looking good?

going to be a cool/cold weekend here in Central Fl. UT plays @ USF tourney about 35 miles from me fri. sat. & Sunday. My old bones can't take <70 degrees F. lol

going to be a cool/cold weekend here in Central Fl. UT plays @ USF tourney about 35 miles from me fri. sat. & Sunday. My old bones can't take <70 degrees F. lol

The LadyVols are going to knock Fordham and Florida Gulf Coast around. Both games could be 5 inning mercy rule games.

Take multiple blankets, a seat, and a thermos, and go enjoy the games:dance2:

UT ranked 11th in the country as of right now -- whats up with that 8th in the SEC garbage ?

VN Store

Back