Lady Vol Softball, yes that's right, that's what I

Those ratings are lazy, based entirely off last years results. Half the UGA team transferred out, but yet they still got the rating they did.

Same with UK. They have Nunley but they lost several key senior contributors.

Those ratings are lazy, based entirely off last years results. Half the UGA team transferred out, but yet they still got the rating they did.

Same with UK. They have Nunley but they lost several key senior contributors.

I think only one player transferred out of UGA. Are there others?

They have some pretty tough games before the SEC starts (FSU, Nebraska, ND, USF, VaTech) so we should find out about their pitching pretty quickly.

Out of the pre-season ND, Nebraska and Fla. St will be decent tests. Not sure however how much pitching those teams have lost also. SEC schedule this year is good for UT...no Fla....not sure how that happened. Auburn will be interesting.

worst thing about softball is fact we have had a better program over last decade or so and still bama and florida have national titles and we do not...i am so ready to win another national title in anything

worst thing about softball is fact we have had a better program over last decade or so and still bama and florida have national titles and we do not...i am so ready to win another national title in anything

The fact that bama managed to win a softball title before us is especially annoying. We had a golden opportunity about three years ago when we had the dominant pitcher and kind of choked, I'm sorry to say. That first game against oklahoma was a killer, too--3 runs up in extras and let them tie it. Frustrating.

How about at least an SEC championship. We've had rosters other coaches envy. So why haven't we won??

SEC coaches threw us some serious "shade" in the preseason coaches poll released this morning. I suppose thats a reaction to the questionable pitching rotation.

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Kentucky
4. LSU
5. Georgia
6. Missouri
7. Auburn
8. Tennessee
9. Texas A&M
10. South Carolina
11. Mississippi State
12. Arkansas
13. Ole Miss

The way the SEC is stacked in softball the separation between the top 8-10 teams will be minimal. I think FL or GA will win the SEC, as both have above average pitching and offense, but there will be 6-8 more teams bunched behind them that will only be separated by a few games.

Pitching across the SEC will be down this year. It's going to come down to how they're used, and adjustments at the plate. Nationally UCLA and Oregon are the heavies this year and of course whatever Gasso comes up with. JMO.

The way the SEC is stacked in softball the separation between the top 8-10 teams will be minimal. I think FL or GA will win the SEC, as both have above average pitching and offense, but there will be 6-8 more teams bunched behind them that will only be separated by a few games.

Damn shame the Renfro's didn't keep spitting out tall athletic girls. What the hell were they thinking?

VN Store

Back