governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Day: Thursday
Date: Jan. 29, 2015
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET

the game will be Televised on the

SEC Network

it will be streamed here

Watch Tennessee vs. Kentucky (W Basketball) Live Online at WatchESPN)

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live

or here

Sports Radio WNML

the Lady Vols are ranked 6th in the AP Top 25 ,Coaches poll not out today

Kentucky is ranked 10th in the AP Top 25

as usual,stay out of foul trouble Izzy

as all ways,Go Lady Vols

I think The LadyVols split the series with the LadyCats losing in Lexington and winning in Knoxville.

How do you think the loss of their point guard will affect them? I was watching the game when she got rolled by the SC player diving for a ball. It was pretty bad; I hope she makes a full recovery but it sounds like it will be next year at the best. According to the analysts, KY does not have a true back up point.

The streak ends here. Kentucky is ranked #10 in today's AP poll. The Lady Vols will get a win on the road against a top 10 team.

Reactions: 3 people
I will be there for the annual whack a mole game. I think if Harrison and Graves show up UT will run away with it due to our size advantage inside. Although I look for Mitchell to tell his players to hack the h*** out of our posts.

I like how our team plays zone but I'd like to see them stick Carter on O'Neill. She plays a lot like Izzy in that once frustration sets in she becomes a head case.

Be interesting to see if any of the personalities or feelings from the end of the SEC championship game carryover to this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If UK is allowed to mug the Lady Vols we might be in trouble

The officiating has been fairly consistent all season. If you hand-check a guard on the perimeter, the refs will blow the whistle. In the post, almost anything goes (grabbing, holding, bumping, pushing). It hasn't been one-sided for or against any team. This is the way the game is being called. Everyone needs to play within those parameters.

I think I would play match up zone in this game and try to slow the game down. I think Kentucky has problems in half court offense. I would make them shoot is outside they like to get to the basket. Game will certainly be decided by if we can shoot the ball for a decent percentage 34 percent like last game want do it.

Massey has the Vols as three-point favorites, 74-71. I guess Massey isn't expecting either team to play defense.

Kentucky has lost to unranked Illinois and LSU (who we beat) and got blown out against Duke who, although ranked, does not look very good. Plus, Kentucky lost a key contributor to injury. The game may be close or we may lose, BUT all indications are the Lady Vols should win this game. With Chattanooga now in the top #25, all our losses this year so far have been against teams ranked in the top #25 at least once. Plus, we've only lost 1 game when Izzy played.

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee Lady Vols will win both games....

The thing w/KY is they still have Jennifer O'Neill & she can be dangerous at times. When she gets to hitting her shots, she can really put a hurting on us. Each year that we've played them O'Neill seems to always have a great game against us.

The thing w/KY is they still have Jennifer O'Neill & she can be dangerous at times. When she gets to hitting her shots, she can really put a hurting on us. Each year that we've played them O'Neill seems to always have a great game against us.

Very true and she's a very scrappy player. Kentucky always plays us tough in Lexington.

If UK is allowed to mug the Lady Vols we might be in trouble

as long as it is a fair mugging,i don't mind :) as in the Lady Vols get to do some back street mugging too

and don't forget the Lady Vols like to play to the level of there competition, as long as Izzy stays out of early foul trouble and can hit some baskets,they should win

oh and hold the turn overs down and hit some early 3s too,I guess I should add hit some early 3s along with stay out of early foul trouble Izzy at the start of the game threads

has anybody heard anything about Jones coming back ? she has been out a very long time

Last edited:
If UK is allowed to mug the Lady Vols we might be in

Well Izzy will get mugged alone with any other LV in the post. UK knows that Izzy can be a hot head and will be counting on pissing her off into committing silly fouls. We need Izzy to understand that she will get bated this game. She must stand strong and let UK foul themselves out of the game while she shows up at the foul line. We need Izzy on the floor and not on the bench. We also need Graves to take those open 10 to 15 foot jumpers and not try to throw the ball into a crowed Izzy. That will open up the post for easier throws into the post. Graves needs to be a factor.

This isn't a game to have Jones come back from a concussion in. This is going to be a real live mayweather vs pacquiao. I also tend to think the games are more physical when UK is hosting.

I just have 2 hopes in this game.
1) we win
2) when one of our players goes down, it's not a season ending injury.

Is she really out for the season? If so we will miss her defense. We really can not stand to have any more health issue.

Since LV usually play up or down to their competition, I pick LV by 6. Go Lady Vols, kick some buttah!!!!

Man, you guys are expecting a war up there. Probably right. Hope Izzy can handle it.

VN Store

Back