No question, Vandy will use this same tactic

VollyParton

Blue Hair
They love to rough up players, trying to get in their heads. Izzy needs to get her emotions under control, if she's not suspended the next game.

What dumb play tonight - so disappointing.

Reactions: 1 person
They love to rough up players, trying to get in their heads. Izzy needs to get her emotions under control, if she's not suspended the next game.

What dumb play tonight - so disappointing.

Is there any indication that she'd be suspended by the league, not by Holly?

They only way she would have been suspended is if there was a Flagrant 2 foul. Wasn't called, so no, she should be in the game at Vandy.

Uh, did you watch the game last year? Apparently not...

Edited: My mistake...I was thinking her early fouls in the first half.

Well, hopefully she got it out of her system ahead of the game.

Last edited:
I don't recall her getting into a fight.

Her last foul was on a double tech with the Vandy post that looked very similar to the incident tonight. Teammates pulled her away before any contact was made, but this isn't the first time she has completely lost her cool...

Her last foul was on a double tech with the Vandy post that looked very similar to the incident tonight. Teammates pulled her away before any contact was made, but this isn't the first time she has completely lost her cool...

I remember that now. She was in foul trouble for much of the first half, and then Tennessee made a run in the 2nd half and she scored a few baskets before the technical, which basically killed the comeback.

Disappointment for sure. As a senior and a star player, no excuses. She just showed her weakness. Who are you playing for? The name on the front or back? This needs addressed now.

Reactions: 2 people
Disappointment for sure. As a senior and a star player, no excuses. She just showed her weakness. Who are you playing for? The name on the front or back? This needs addressed now.

Exactly. Ironically, Holly's pre-game statement was they would succeed if everyone played for the team and not their own agenda. So naturally, we get Cierra turning the ball over with one of her numbskull no-look "passes" and Izzy deciding her pride was more important than finishing the game. If they bring this same act to Nashville, they'll get kicked in the butt ... again.

They love to rough up players, trying to get in their heads.

They only use that strategy because the refs let them use that strategy.

It is like with KY. They were much less effective last year when the perimeter rules were changed because their whole defense was predicated on the guards holding, hacking and bumping the opposing guards. That only happened because the refs allowed it to happen.

They make a decision that KY will be allowed to get away with more and KY becomes a much better team. When it is tightened up then suddenly KY is not so good anymore.

The truth is they were never as good as their record indicated because they were playing by different rules than everyone else all along. It took them nearly the entire season to adjust to playing the same game as the other teams.

There are lots of variations of this across the country, and it happens to some extent in every sport, but women's basketball is by far the worst offender.

Izzy can just get ready for it and it's her own fault. Every team will play her dirty now and the refs will be watching her. Yes, Misery was a dirty team, 23 should have fouled out in the first half, the coach obviously loves and teaches dirty play, and the university and state should hang thier heads in shame. But none of that affects the LVs, what matters is Izzy let her team down and has provided the opposition with a blueprint for success.

Agree about Izzy but the LVs should get some props for adjusting on the fly to having their best player MIA.

Yes, the first half offense was horrid but their defense kept them close and the second half was a good performance. That short stretch where the LVs forced four or five turn overs in 2 minutes was impressive. Go LVs.

Were a good team when we shoot 40 percent from the field. Mainly because we force a lot of turnovers and this limits the opponents shot attempts. Last night we got up 15 more shots but only shot 31 percent for the game. The second half we shot 39 percent and won that half by 14 points. It will take 40 percent from the field to beat Vandy. We have to win the turnover battle again Wednesday. Hard to understand why everyone on the team are such bad shooters. Hopefully players are in the gym working on their shot improving their technique.
No matter how athletic you are basketball is about making shots and that is where we are lacking in ability. No reason when teams give you open looks from the perimeter you can't knock down 40 percent of your attempts. Hopefully over the season we will improve our shooting because anyone can take away the inside sagging five players in the paint.

Were a good team when we shoot 40 percent from the field. Mainly because we force a lot of turnovers and this limits the opponents shot attempts. Last night we got up 15 more shots but only shot 31 percent for the game. The second half we shot 39 percent and won that half by 14 points. It will take 40 percent from the field to beat Vandy. We have to win the turnover battle again Wednesday. Hard to understand why everyone on the team are such bad shooters. Hopefully players are in the gym working on their shot improving their technique.
No matter how athletic you are basketball is about making shots and that is where we are lacking in ability. No reason when teams give you open looks from the perimeter you can't knock down 40 percent of your attempts. Hopefully over the season we will improve our shooting because anyone can take away the inside sagging five players in the paint.

Bingo. Agree with your whole post. It is mystifying how the whole team can go so cold for such long periods.

I remember that now. She was in foul trouble for much of the first half, and then Tennessee made a run in the 2nd half and she scored a few baskets before the technical, which basically killed the comeback.

Tennessee was in control of the game at that point. When Izzy fouled out, the wheels completely came off....

Agree about Izzy but the LVs should get some props for adjusting on the fly to having their best player MIA.

Yes, the first half offense was horrid but their defense kept them close and the second half was a good performance. That short stretch where the LVs forced four or five turn overs in 2 minutes was impressive. Go LVs.

You are so right. The overall team did great under the circumstances. I am just still so upset over the dirty MO play and Izzy letting it get to her. But, yes, the team held together under very adverse circumstances.

We'll beat Vandy if we can shoot over 40 percent from the field and win the turnover battle. Holly needs to talk to the players about composure in difficult situations. This is a big game for us get ready to be clawed, held, scratached, etc at Vandy. They do it all just make shots and beat them.

No matter what tactics Vandy uses against UT, Harrison had better keep her cool. The referees will not tolerate her pushing players in the face and throwing elbows.

One more thing. The LVs were missing Jasmine Jones which compounded the problems posed by Izzy's foul trouble and subsequent ejection. Jones could have made life very difficult for Mizzou with her range and athleticism.

No matter what tactics Vandy uses against UT, Harrison had better keep her cool. The referees will not tolerate her pushing players in the face and throwing elbows.

True, they wouldn't tolerate such from her, but they tolerate it when DONE TO her. But Glory went through it, Candace went through it, and Izzy will if she adjusts her attitude.

One more thing. The LVs were missing Jasmine Jones which compounded the problems posed by Izzy's foul trouble and subsequent ejection. Jones could have made life very difficult for Mizzou with her range and athleticism.

Yeah, I think she might have solved the Eye problem. Hope she can get back fully ready to go.

True, they wouldn't tolerate such from her, but they tolerate it when DONE TO her. But Glory went through it, Candace went through it, and Izzy will if she adjusts her attitude.

Sad, but so true. And Nikki too. Izzy will just have to accept it, no one said life is fair (or refs are competent).

Bingo. Agree with your whole post. It is mystifying how the whole team can go so cold for such long periods.

I'll tell ya why...holly doesn't pay enough attention to the offense during practices and it shows. Her halftime talk with Carolyn peck only furthers my point. It also doesn't help that she admits that sometimes the team practices are overwhelmingly about defense. I think holly is a pretty good coach and her coaching has shown improvement over the course of the past two seasons, but she remains very stubborn about certain things and offense is one of them. I just hope she doesn't neglect it to the point where at the very least she starts losing recruits and at the worst, gets fired..

Oh a related note..it was nice to see carter finally make a perimeter shot. I don't know how many in a row she had missed, but it was a lot. I mean teams are leaving carter wide wide open and most of the time she passes up great looks up. If she could her shooting worked out, she would be really good

Last edited:

VN Store

Back