Graves double-doubles

volfanIND

Tennessee has had 15 double-doubles this season, led by six from Bashaara Graves, who had only three all last season.

LADY VOL HOOPS CENTRAL: Missouri - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

I remember reading a thread on here about a month ago bashing the "bash".
While we all may be in agreement she was experiencing the dreaded "sophomore slump", 6 double doubles in 12 games so far this season is production in my book.

Maybe too early in the season to say "welcome back Graves" but I'd tip my hat and say, "your on the right path, keep going"

We need her/this production in the SEC. Love to see these numbers for her :) While she isn't at Courtney Paris numbers just yet, no reason she can't strive for em'!

GLV!

Reactions: 1 person
She is a good player will never be as good as her ranking coming out of high school. She averaged 13.6 her freshman year will probably not see those figures again. She is a player you want on your team because she does get points off rebounds. She is not very good on defense easy to beat off the dribble.

Graves is fulfilling her role by her effort. She has lots of hustle and is a team player. Hope she stays healthy and has a good season.

Reactions: 2 people

statistics in 12 games: 11 ppg, 49% 71% FT, 54 OR 46 DR 16 A 20 TO

The rebounding stat is interesting 4.5 offensive rebounds per game. scoring average is one basket and one free throw less than freshman average

Reactions: 1 person
She is a good player will never be as good as her ranking coming out of high school. She averaged 13.6 her freshman year will probably not see those figures again. She is a player you want on your team because she does get points off rebounds. She is not very good on defense easy to beat off the dribble.

Just how many 4 and 5 Star high school players turn out to be elite players in college? A very low percentage. Most turn out to be very average college players.

Graves is a good player. She has been bashed unfairly on this board, even though I pointed out more than once that Graves was playing hurt most of last season.

Reactions: 3 people
I recall saying she isn't as good as her freshman year for whatever reason, and the numbers certainly support that. She isn't "bad" now, but I think many have forgotten how good she really was her first year....

Graves did play hurt last year and I would think that caused most of her issues. She did come up big tonight when she had to. That is what really counts. I hope this is a sign of things to come including Carter's sudden offensive game.

VN Store

Back