OSU vs. Tennessee Lady Vols

teacherdean

OSU beat North Carolina by 15, however, I noticed that several of their prior victories were at the expense of non top 5 conference teams and 2 D2 teams. I only noticed one blowout. I believe we have an outstanding chance of winning this one. From what I see, we are the best talent they have gone against. I see this as a game the ladies should win.

Massey has Tennessee as a 5-point favorite. Of course, they also show UConn as a 24-point favorite over Oregon State and Notre Dame as 14-point favorites over Oregon State. Should be another win for the Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
Oregon State has played one away game and one ranked team. I am hoping the TN D that showed up versus Stanford shows up this game and I hope the TBA atmosphere leaves Oregon State playing with less confidence than they have to date.

Reactions: 2 people
The game will come down to us being able to shoot a decent percentage from the field. The NC game was won by Oregon State because NC shot 28 percent from the field. They got up 76 shots to Oregon State's 57 but could not win because they shot so poorly. Shooting 40 percent would have gave them the win. They shot 1 of 14 from the three point line so they got outscored there 21 to 3. So a horrid shooting game for NC doubt the defense of Oregon State was that good. Looks like a lot of ugly shooting which we also can do on occasion.
Oregon State is turnover prone NC forced 23. If we do the same and shoot 40 percent we win this game no problem. It all comes down to making open shots as I don't think they are going to give us much inside until we prove we can make a few from the outside. NC had 14 turnovers in that game which seems small for them they are usually a team that will turn it over several times whether you guard them or not. I expect we need to win the turnover batter by 10, stay even on the boards, and shoot 40 percent to win this game.

Also, we have to prevent OSU from getting a lot of rebounds. They only shot 7-28 from 3 point but pulled 50 rebounds. We have to defend the three and block out.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back