Worst three's ever made

btate

The three 3's Massengale made in the Stanford game will come back to haunt us. She will be worst than Simmons looking for a shot every time down the floor and will now take a lot of bad shots , she by herself will lose games. No one said anything about the three straight turn overs she had. She cannot handle the ball. I don't know how many times she has dribbled the ball off her foot. She now thinks she is great. I hope I am wrong

Reactions: 2 people
the three 3's massengale made in the stanford game will come back to haunt us. She will be worst than simmons looking for a shot every time down the floor and will now take a lot of bad shots , she by herself will lose games. No one said anything about the three straight turn overs she had. She cannot handle the ball. I don't know how many times she has dribbled the ball off her foot. She now thinks she is great. I hope i am wrong

merry christmas to you too

The three 3's Massengale made in the Stanford game will come back to haunt us. She will be worst than Simmons looking for a shot every time down the floor and will now take a lot of bad shots , she by herself will lose games. No one said anything about the three straight turn overs she had. She cannot handle the ball. I don't know how many times she has dribbled the ball off her foot. She now thinks she is great. I hope I am wrong

Good insight, hope you are wrong too.

That game was what, 3 days ago and you're venting now? Santa must've *&$! in your stocking. Dude go to bed!

I feel like instead you should just come out and say 'I don't like her'

I go more along the lines of facts. Fact is she is 22/49 on the year. 45%. Simmons wish she had that shooting %

Reynolds is our point guard so far. Ariel needs to continue that 45% three point shooting and maybe Holly will put them starting and Carter off the bench.

I feel like instead you should just come out and say 'I don't like her'

I go more along the lines of facts. Fact is she is 22/49 on the year. 45%. Simmons wish she had that shooting %

Reynolds is our point guard so far. Ariel needs to continue that 45% three point shooting and maybe Holly will put them starting and Carter off the bench.
Some people can't handle the fact's.

Looking at her career a/to ratio vs. the a/to ratio as a team during her career at UT, I'd hate to see what you think about everyone else's "ballhandling" given she has the best a/to ratio on the team all three years she has been here.

Quite possibly the dumbest post I've seen on this board.

I wish we would make her the shooting guard from here on in. Let Carter and Reynolds run the point. Keep Massengale and Middleton in there the full forty minutes at the shooting guard. I think they both would shoot around 38 percent of their threes which if they took ten together is 11 or 12 points of badly needed outside points.
I don't like Massengale at the point she takes to many chances with the pass. We need to value possessions.

This is just stupid.

Reactions: 1 person

You are wrong.
It's worse, not worst.

Reactions: 4 people
Looking at her career a/to ratio vs. the a/to ratio as a team during her career at UT, I'd hate to see what you think about everyone else's "ballhandling" given she has the best a/to ratio on the team all three years she has been here.

Quite possibly the dumbest post I've seen on this board.

While I don't agree with the OP, I also don't agree with this. Massengale's career A/TO ratio may be good, but for this year, it's by far the worst of our guards.
AMass 1.00
Carter 3.42
Reynolds 2.27
Middleton 1.93
In Massengale's last 2 games, she made 3 TO's in 22 mins, and 5 TO's in 25 mins. That's 6.8 per 40 mins played.

I'd much rather see her at SG than PG.

I hope you are wrong on this one and if you are not, I would hope Holly has enough brains to pull Massengale. I agree that Massengale is error prone, which is a given, however, I have never seen her react as you described after she has shot for a few threes and scored over 20 points. I think we should give her the benefit of the doubt before we castigate her.

I hope you are wrong on this one and if you are not, I would hope Holly has enough brains to pull Massengale. I agree that Massengale is error prone, which is a given, however, I have never seen her react as you described after she has shot for a few threes and scored over 20 points. I think we should give her the benefit of the doubt before we castigate her.

Exactly...she's had big scoring games before. Her role this year is as a perimeter striker. I hope she doesn't scale back, because the team needs her offensive firepower.

She won't be the go to player, but she needs to be option #2 after Izzy.

Wtf are you talking about? She is a career 38% 3 point shooter and this season at nearly 50 attempts she is a 44% 3 point shooter. Call me crazy, but I want her to shoot the ball more often.

VN Store

Back