Nell Fortner, "There are 5 Teams that can beat South Carolina"

teacherdean

I had a chance to hear Nell Fortner's forecast of who has a very good chance of beating South Carolina and guess what, not a single team located in the State of Tennessee. Here is her list, UCONN, Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M, and Kentucky. She did not even mention Tennessee and Coach Holly as having a snowball's chance in hades. Well Nell we can't say a whole lot about your college coaching, that's right after the Alburn experience you headed to the booth. Well I am glad, even Kara Lawson, that there are a lot of gurus giving us not one iota of a chance. Just maybe this will tick the players off and they can play like underdogs with the will to win and Holly will coach ever game as if her coaching life depended upon her winning. The ladies and coaches are disrespected on the big stage. We need to show them that there is a 6th team that can and will beat South Carolina.

Reactions: 2 people
Kind of idiotic..... as I recall.... it took a last second steal to barely eek out a victory vs. Duke.... and that is just one other team aside from the stated 5

Well, if we've fallen behind alabama and georgia in women's basketball, not to mention kentucky, then we are in sad shape indeed.

It's all pointless pundit blather, at this point. Nobody in the SEC has played yet--but they all will be competing soon and we'll find out who the contenders and the pretenders are.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm assuming that she's referring to the teams on their schedule...which is why teams like ND and Texas are not on the list.

Still, Alabama? Really?

Don't we go through this every year with the pundits and then win the SEC? I expect we will beat the mighty South Carolina.

Geez, people. It was just in passing conversation. Nell's point was that SC isn't an unbeatable team and that there are several teams out there that could beat them. It wasn't a set, definitive list that only these teams had a chance. If you are going to get worked up over something, at least make it a legitimate concern. The Lady Vols were discussed later in glowing terms. Unbelievable.

Well, if we've fallen behind alabama and georgia in women's basketball, not to mention kentucky, then we are in sad shape indeed.

I agree but right now we still have a chance to right a rocky and shaky ship. The defense has gotten better but we need to up our scoring game and lessen the turnovers. If we can find a way to get that down we will have a chance to beat any of the top teams. In addition, Holly has to establish herself as a top ten coach. I am elated with our last win but top 10 coaches can always figure out issues and right a rocky ship. I can not say I am convinced that Holly can do that. It appears that she has the talent, not to over simplify things, but needs to figure combinations that gives the ladies the best chance to win day in and day out. We are already at a bad juncture in Lady Vol Basketball history we have lost that Lady Vol Mojo and respect. We have to earn it back, not on this or any other forum, but on the floor. There are far too many people treating the Lady Vols as if they are a bottom 10 program by thinking that programs with lesser talent are better than we are.

I'm more concerned about A&M, or Tennessee(with Harrison) than Georgia, or Kentucky.
Maybe I am dreaming, but right now I think that USC and Tennessee are the two best teams in the SEC. We need to find a way to hold USC under 40% shooting or we had better come up with a shooting percentage which will match or exceed that of USC. Right now it is a work in process. I just hope that we can get it all together. Right now it appears that the Gamecocks have the best coach and team in the SEC. I am still a believer so watch out for Big Orange.

Maybe I am dreaming, but right now I think that USC and Tennessee are the two best teams in the SEC. We need to find a way to hold USC under 40% shooting or we had better come up with a shooting percentage which will match or exceed that of USC. Right now it is a work in process. I just hope that we can get it all together. Right now it appears that the Gamecocks have the best coach and team in the SEC. I am still a believer so watch out for Big Orange.

Harrison most definitely gives you the post presence you've been missing even if not at 100 percent yet. I'd throw aTm in the mix too. Kentucky is sliding fast, not just because of Duke. A loss to Illinois, a struggle win against Central Michigan. That Baylor win seems so long ago.

I don't know in what context Nell made those comments,but as another poster said,it must have been just a supposition on her part. From my perspective,I have seen USC and Alabama play and I don't think Alabama could beat USC by playing ten on five for the whole forty minutes.

Georgia has never proven they could beat Tennessee. No matter who our coach is.

I had a chance to hear Nell Fortner's forecast of who has a very good chance of beating South Carolina and guess what, not a single team located in the State of Tennessee. Here is her list, UCONN, Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M, and Kentucky. She did not even mention Tennessee and Coach Holly as having a snowball's chance in hades. Well Nell we can't say a whole lot about your college coaching, that's right after the Alburn experience you headed to the booth. Well I am glad, even Kara Lawson, that there are a lot of gurus giving us not one iota of a chance. Just maybe this will tick the players off and they can play like underdogs with the will to win and Holly will coach ever game as if her coaching life depended upon her winning. The ladies and coaches are disrespected on the big stage. We need to show them that there is a 6th team that can and will beat South Carolina.

Alabama really and Georgia? Wow a couple of bad ones on a good list. Nell must be hitting the eggnog and brandy a little early

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back