Game Thread Lady Vols vs Stanford

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Day: Saturday
Date: Dec. 20, 2014
Time: 1:00 p.m. ET

the game will be televised on the SEC Network

and streamed here Watch #7 Stanford vs. #11 Tennessee (W Basketball) Live Online at WatchESPN

you can listen here University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live or here WNML The Sports Animal

the Lady Vols are ranked 11th in the AP Poll and 12th in the USA Coaches Poll

Stanford is ranked 7th in both Polls

hopefully the Lady Vols get off to a good start and play hard,the entire game

to me a key to the game,will be if Izzy stays out of early foul trouble

another is 3 pt shooting

and somebody make a basket,they won't be able to with stand long dry spells

or so I think :)

as All Ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

I am, too. Hardly expect Stanford to shoot 27.7% in our game like they did against UTC. But, maybe.

Thanks GM for the posting. Will have to record the game since I will be in North Carolina celebrating an early Christmas with our grandchildren. A Merry Christmas to all of you.

Will we see Tucker this game? It would be nice to see her get some minutes, who cares how she does, just give her a few minutes, she can have five of Burdick.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Will we see Tucker this game? It would be nice to see her get some minutes, who cares how she does, just give her a few minutes, she have five of Burdick.

I agree. I am tired of waiting. Just put her in for about 5 minutes. She may be that spark that we need.

I think this is a must win for this team they have beat us three in a row. I think we are better than they are this season. No more Gumby sisters to deal with. They have been going downhill since they beat UConn. We'll get their A game we'll have to bring ours.

Last edited:
:) I'll be watching the game through my fingers on my face. I hope we have shooters today hitting 3s plus I'm hoping the inside game will be there also.

another "L" for the lady vols. on paper, the teams are evenly matched. both have losses to texas and chat, team rosters and experience are very similar. home court advantage will be neutralized by stanford having the more experienced coach. vandeveer knows everything that holly will throw at her (believe me it won't be anything new). vandeveer will sit comfortably on the bench watching her team flawlessly execute what they've learned in practice, while massengale will be looking across the floor at holly, wondering what play she wants them to run next. yep, a senior pg who instead of just playing the game, is having to get permission or call-out every play. when the intended play doesn't materialize, massengale will make a last second run at the basket and throw up one of those weird shots, hoping for a foul - and everyone watching will say what the hell was that (as if we haven't seen it for four years now). the cardinal will have plenty time to set up the defense and force the lady vols into bad shots all game. we'll all post in this forum how awful this team is and how awful a coaching job that was, lol.

Graves with a jumper--amazing!--plus an offensive put-back. Good work by her. But that's been it. They are doubling Izzy and scoring has disappeared. If Jones is going to drive the ball to the basket, then she has to go strong. You can't stop in the paint and throw up a bad shot. She doesn't know how to finish. I like Reynolds running the point (or Carter)--but Massengale would give us more offense.

Reynolds
Jones
Burdick
Graves
Harrison

Is hill trying to ensure they get off to a bad start or something?

Also, we're doing a good job defending the kick out three which is a formidable weapon of Stanford's.

Graves actually showing on offense--unbelievable. Just what this team needs. We need Jones to do the same--take shots she can hit instead of driving into traffic and then throwing up a bad shot. Keep up the fast pace--that's the point of having depth.

Wow playing Jasmine at the 5. That some out of the box thinking. Almost a 5 guard line-up.

VN Store

Back