Mocs take down Stanford

The Mocs higher in the polls than the Vols. never thought I would live long enough to see that.

So, does this mean that Tara is a horrible coach and should be sacked immediately?
No she should not be sacked immediately because she has success in her rear view mirror as a head coach. She also has a quality win over then top rated UCONN. Tara has a successful record of being successful without a lot of 5 stars. This was considered to be a down year for Stanford, where as Holly was figured to be headed to the final four. Comparing the two is, right now, like comparing Former LV football coach Dooley to Ohio State Coach Meyer. There is no comparison.

Reactions: 3 people
No she should not be sacked immediately because she has success in her rear view mirror as a head coach. She also has a quality win over then top rated UCONN. Tara has a successful record of being successful without a lot of 5 stars. This was considered to be a down year for Stanford, where as Holly was figured to be headed to the final four. Comparing the two is, right now, like comparing Former LV football coach Dooley to Ohio State Coach Meyer. There is no comparison.

I think the poster was being sarcastic....

As a UTC grad, I'll say they've been pretty damn good for years. Some people (teacherdean) just gotta open their eyes and pay attention and give credit to where credit is due.

What in your right mind would make you think I do not think UTC is not a good Mid Major and better than some D1 Teams? Though Stanford is suppose to be in a rebuilding year, it took a good effort for UTC to beat them. I have always thought Foster was a good coach and one you could not count out. When he was at Ohio State he did wonders with less than super stars. Teams like Wichita and UTC are Mid Majors that can always beat you if you do not bring your A game. Both teams have very good coaches and I believe that is the difference. No matter how good UTC is that is not an excuse for low shooting percentages and unforced errors. Before you decide to tell someone else to pay attention maybe you should pay attention yourself. But to be factual I really do no care who and who does not pay attention, the future will decide in the end what is or is not. Hopefully the Lady Vols end up at the top of the heap, however, losing to UTC and UTC beating Stanford is not automatic vindication for Holly as a coach.

I have always thought Foster was a good coach and one you could not count out. When he was at Ohio State he did wonders with less than super stars.

Foster always recruited well at OSU, and he's had his share of Collegiate All Americans...certainly players of higher regard than anyone at Tennessee since Parker. But at the same time, he was unable to bring a team with Jantel Lavender and Samantha Prahalis past the Sweet 16 and during the years where they had a 1st team AA and were a 1 or 2 seed, it was almost a foregone conclusion that they were going to lose early.

Of course it is not vindication for Holly. It is a statement that UTC might be pretty good. However, there is an unrealistic expectation from many here that feel that the Lady Vols should be 39-0 every year. How many times did Pat's teams go undefeated? Holly is not and never will be Pat. The sooner folks realize that Pat is gone and move on the better. Can Holly do better? I hope so. But look how long it took Alabama to get back to domination after the Bear retired. I just think that constant bashing of the coach is a silly waste of time and air.

Reactions: 3 people
You are first person here type the word "Pat". Not even close by anyone else. Interesting.

She BTW built this into one of the top 2 programs in the nation. Being "above average" at UT is unacceptable.

So, does this mean that Tara is a horrible coach and should be sacked immediately?

Absolutely... off with her head. Any highly ranked team that loses to the Mocs should have their head coach fired and all their scholarships removed. Their players can try to make the team as walk-ons with everyone else. :eek:

What in your right mind would make you think I do not think UTC is not a good Mid Major and better than some D1 Teams? Though Stanford is suppose to be in a rebuilding year, it took a good effort for UTC to beat them. I have always thought Foster was a good coach and one you could not count out. When he was at Ohio State he did wonders with less than super stars. Teams like Wichita and UTC are Mid Majors that can always beat you if you do not bring your A game. Both teams have very good coaches and I believe that is the difference. No matter how good UTC is that is not an excuse for low shooting percentages and unforced errors. Before you decide to tell someone else to pay attention maybe you should pay attention yourself. But to be factual I really do no care who and who does not pay attention, the future will decide in the end what is or is not. Hopefully the Lady Vols end up at the top of the heap, however, losing to UTC and UTC beating Stanford is not automatic vindication for Holly as a coach.

I never said it was vindication, not sure where you got that. You seem to never be pleased, and are constantly whining about something. It's getting old. What I am saying is that giving credit to UTC for being a damn good team and outplaying us is not the same as going on and marking it down as a W with a sharpie before the game is played, and then complaining about it when we lose. We simply got outplayed and yes, out-coached. It happens, get over it. Life goes on, UT Lady Vols will still be an extremely good team; but just because we have a disgustingly good past history doesn't automatically qualify us for being world-beaters every year.

Really, all this boils down to is me being sick of reading your whiny posts and just getting you before you had a chance to make one. :p :) *rant over*

Edit: And one more thing--no, I do not think Holly is the long-term, best solution coach for our team. But, I'm willing to give her more of a benefit of the doubt than you seem to be, which is likely why I'm irritated with your constant negativity.

Last edited:
Of course it is not vindication for Holly. It is a statement that UTC might be pretty good. However, there is an unrealistic expectation from many here that feel that the Lady Vols should be 39-0 every year. How many times did Pat's teams go undefeated? Holly is not and never will be Pat. The sooner folks realize that Pat is gone and move on the better. Can Holly do better? I hope so. But look how long it took Alabama to get back to domination after the Bear retired. I just think that constant bashing of the coach is a silly waste of time and air.

I am sorry this has hit you so deeply but to ease your mind there will never be another Pat. No one with the right smarts should ever invision another Pat coming to town. However, remember some of the prior Alabama coaches were allowed to stay longer than they needed to. I would hope that UT is a lot smarter than that after the Dooley experiment. This is a forum and like everything else people are going to have their own opinions. If anyone thinks that every posting on this site is going to be pro or anti Holly they seriously need to visit their local shrink. Not everything said is bashing some of it is concern, some frustration, some just wondering why we are not a better team, some think we are fine and there are those wanting to wait until next year. By the way I never said or accused you of saying that you thought or said it was a vindication of Holly it was a statement from my view point, wrong or right. I have little concern if you think it is a vindication or not. If you thought I was saying that, you are so wrong.

I respect your opinion like I do everyone else's. I want Holly to be successful and so do others on this site whose outlook and opinions are different. That is what makes America great, we have the freedom of expression and such forums as this are perfect examples. God Bless America and the Lady Vols.

Last edited:
I never said it was vindication, not sure where you got that. You seem to never be pleased, and are constantly whining about something. It's getting old. What I am saying is that giving credit to UTC for being a damn good team and outplaying us is not the same as going on and marking it down as a W with a sharpie before the game is played, and then complaining about it when we lose. We simply got outplayed and yes, out-coached. It happens, get over it. Life goes on, UT Lady Vols will still be an extremely good team; but just because we have a disgustingly good past history doesn't automatically qualify us for being world-beaters every year.

Really, all this boils down to is me being sick of reading your whiny posts and just getting you before you had a chance to make one. :p :) *rant over*

Edit: And one more thing--no, I do not think Holly is the long-term, best solution coach for our team. But, I'm willing to give her more of a benefit of the doubt than you seem to be, which is likely why I'm irritated with your constant negativity.

By the way whinny Mom I could care less what you think of my post, if you don't like them then quit reading them. No one if forcing you to do so. I don't care if you think Holly is or is not the solution, that is your business. When I get tired of your post, I will just quit reading. If I irritate you that is your problem not mine. You are free to give Holly all the benefit you want, after all,this is America.

Last edited:
A lot of strange things going on in women's college basketball. UTC beats Tennessee and Stanford. Stanford beats UConn, UConn beats Notre Dame by 20, Notre Dame beats UTC by 35. You have to come to play every night.

Reactions: 1 person
I know I said it in another thread but my niece plays for UTC. She is not getting much playing time right now but CJF told her she will in the future. I am very proud of her.:rock::rock::rock:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back