Are we a final 4 team with a final 4 coach?

teacherdean

Well Holly supporters I know you are going to say at least we won. Then brilliant Holly supporter will say I bet she is a better coach than you are. That might all be true, because I only coached at the high school level and did not have a bench full of 5 stars.

I do not care which way you cut it or low rate my opinion, this was a bad showing. Wichita State and we can barely come out with a 3 point victory. Are we a mid-major program with a bunch of wannabe 5 stars. Massengale, and I am going out on a limb, would be a bench warmer on most top five teams. Yes we won but we were out coached by a former player who I believe would do a much better job with the talent we have. If, right now at this time, you are planning to buy Final 4 tickets in hope of seeing the Lady Vols play for a NC title, save your money. We have a mess that needs to be cleaned up.

Reactions: 5 people
They just beat a ranked team on the road. Give me a f**** break

Chris I give you credit and respect For your support but this was ugly. I will not reduce myself to implying curse words but this was not very good. Remember the ranked team had one player with a hurt hand and their big got in foul trouble. However, their best player scored, I believe 29 points. Now they played good defense against Rutgers and against mid-major Wichita. The offense needs a lot of work and Massengale made at least 3 unforced errors. Just a guess, but Middleton looks like a better player as a point.

Reactions: 3 people
Holly should go into Donnie Tyndall's office and ask for a copy of his playbook. This could be a Final Four team with that kind of system, on both ends of the floor. The non-offense she runs may send this team home in the tournament's first weekend.

Chris I give you credit and respect For your support but this was ugly. I will not reduce myself to implying curse words but this was not very good. Remember the ranked team had one player with a hurt hand and their big got in foul trouble. However, their best player scored, I believe 29 points. Now they played good defense against Rutgers and against mid-major Wichita. The offense needs a lot of work and Massengale made at least 3 unforced errors. Just a guess, but Middleton looks like a better player as a point.

Dean,

My point is regardless they played their best defensive and rebounding game against Rutgers. Funny how that seems to mean nothing. Is Holly responsible for missed FT's? Missed layups, and kicking the ball off your foot or knee? BTW, so are you saying TN had nothing with the defense on Laney or getting Hollivay in foul trouble? Btw Scaife had 22 pts, and none in the last 8 minutes

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Well Holly supporters I know you are going to say at least we won. Then brilliant Holly supporter will say I bet she is a better coach than you are. That might all be true, because I only coached at the high school level and did not have a bench full of 5 stars.

I do not care which way you cut it or low rate my opinion, this was a bad showing. Wichita State and we can barely come out with a 3 point victory. Are we a mid-major program with a bunch of wannabe 5 stars. Massengale, and I am going out on a limb, would be a bench warmer on most top five teams. Yes we won but we were out coached by a former player who I believe would do a much better job with the talent we have. If, right now at this time, you are planning to buy Final 4 tickets in hope of seeing the Lady Vols play for a NC title, save your money. We have a mess that needs to be cleaned up.

No we are not a final four team. We are a terrible team that won because we have twice as much talent as they had. We got outplayed and out coached. We should have lost tonight. We got lucky.

Reactions: 1 person
Holly should go into Donnie Tyndall's office and ask for a copy of his playbook. This could be a Final Four team with that kind of system, on both ends of the floor. The non-offense she runs may send this team home in the tournament's first weekend.

That's if they make the tournament

Sorry, we're not a final four team this year. We were picked to finish 2nd in the SEC but I don't even see that happening either.

Dean,

My point is regardless they played their best defensive and rebounding game against Rutgers. Funny how that seems to mean nothing. Is Holly responsible for missed FT's? Missed layups, and kicking the ball off your foot or knee? BTW, so are you saying TN had nothing with the defense on Laney or getting Hollivay in foul trouble? Btw Scaife had 22 pts, and none in the last 8 minutes

I agree that we seem to be a good defensive team, you and I are on the same side on that point. The offense is another point, Middleton looks like a pure shooter but we continue to start the same bad shooters who produce so many unforced turnovers. We cannot continue to win with bad shooting and turnovers. Teams are losing their respect for our outside game and sagging the middle. If that is the case with Stanford you will witness a butt kicking.

Did you also notice them empty seats in Thompson-Boling Arena? That my friend is not a good sign.

I agree that we seem to be a good defensive team, you and I are on the same side on that point. The offense is another point, Middleton looks like a pure shooter but we continue to start the same bad shooters who produce so many unforced turnovers. We cannot continue to win with bad shooting and turnovers. Teams are losing their respect for our outside game and sagging the middle. If that is the case with Stanford you will witness a butt kicking.

Did you also notice them empty seats in Thompson-Boling Arena? That my friend is not a good sign.

I agree with you on Middleton, and the one major flaw I think Holly misses on is her rotation. I for one think Middleton, Nared and Dunbar should play a lot more. To me, Burdick Carter and Reynolds are liabilities on offense. Graves should just focus on rebounding.

We'll see if you still believe that after they play Stanford.

Dean,

Holly is responsible for everything that team does. From when and where they crap to how they tie their shoes.

They just beat a ranked team on the road. Give me a f**** break

You are correct. Tenn can play very well. But in the NCAA's, once you get past the first 2 rounds you need to play 4 great games in a row. Tenn's problem is that they rarely even play 2 great games in a row. And if they play really good in the first weekend it's a guarantee they'll throw in a stinker in either the S16 or E8.

Consistency hasn't been a Tenn trait for several years.

You are correct. Tenn can play very well. But in the NCAA's, once you get past the first 2 rounds you need to play 4 great games in a row. Tenn's problem is that they rarely even play 2 great games in a row. And if they play really good in the first weekend it's a guarantee they'll throw in a stinker in either the S16 or E8.

Consistency hasn't been a Tenn trait for several years.

This year, I haven't seen them play 1 great games in a row against competition..

I've watched a lot of Lady Vol basketball over the years. We might be a 4 seed in the tourney.

I watched the game tonight and watched Hollys interview. She said it perfectly, our guards have to make shots, if I was coaching against us, I would triple team Izzy and make the perimeter shoot.
That says she gets the problem, she just needs to fix it.

I was happy with our defense for the most part, our offense put us in this situation.

She also said Jannah could of played tonight but the pace of the game wasnt there for her... I thought the pace was very slow and I don't understand that comment.

If nobody besides Middleton starts becoming an outside threat ... 4th place finish in the sec at best.

No on the coach, and no on the team simply because we have a coach who will not get them playing anywhere near their potential....

I watched the game tonight and watched Hollys interview. She said it perfectly, our guards have to make shots, if I was coaching against us, I would triple team Izzy and make the perimeter shoot.
That says she gets the problem, she just needs to fix it.

I was happy with our defense for the most part, our offense put us in this situation.

She also said Jannah could of played tonight but the pace of the game wasnt there for her... I thought the pace was very slow and I don't understand that comment.

If nobody besides Middleton starts becoming an outside threat ... 4th place finish in the sec at best.

Holly is going to fool around and lose tucker ..

I've watched a lot of Lady Vol basketball over the years. We might be a 4 seed in the tourney.

This what I said before the season started and have seen nothing to change my mind. 12-16 looks about where this team can top out.

They've just got nothin' on offense. They need to figure out what they are trying to do on that end of the court and devote some time to fixing it.

As much as I'm excited in the future of UT football, I'm equally depressed for my beloved Lady Vols. Holly is a good person and I wish her the best, but she is no big time program coach. It's just how far do we need to fall before its apparent to the powers that be. I can wait it out, I went through Dooley in football.

VN Store

Back