Game Thread Lady Vols at Rutgers

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Day: Sunday
Date: Dec. 14, 2014
Time: 3:00 p.m. ET

the game will be on ESPN2 ,wohooo some TV coverage :)

you can stream the game here Watch Tennessee vs. Rutgers Live Online at WatchESPN

you can listen here
University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live
or
WNML The Sports Animal

the LADY Vols are ranked 11th in the AP Poll and 13th in the USA Coaches Poll

Rutgers is ranked 17th in the AP Poll and 19th in the USA Coaches Poll

it should be a great game the Scarlet Knights are averaging 76.5 points per game,the Lady Vols are averaging 85.5,Rutgers is ranked 15th in field goal percentage,the Lady Vols are ranked 30th

the Lady Vols are ranked 7th in rebounding and the Scarlet Knights are 12th

hopefully the Lady Vols will start selecting better shots and get that percentage up

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
And hopefully jannah hasn't missed anymore classes so we can finally see her in action :p

Jannah is cleared to play on Sunday, but it will depend on how she feels if she is ready to go. Holly is leaving it up to her, and her feeling about the knee. I honestly wouldn't expect her on Sunday, but would on Tuesday vs. Wichita State.

Warlick is "leaving it up to her." What in the hell does that mean? More UT basketball craziness.

I assume she has been practicing, yes, or she wouldn't be in any position to play. If she has been practicing, then I assume the coaches know whether Tucker's knee is OK or it isn't, and whether she is ready for some action. I thought coaches were supposed to make decisions, but that is apparently not how Warlick operates.

Warlick is "leaving it up to her." What in the hell does that mean? More UT basketball craziness.

I assume she has been practicing, yes, or she wouldn't be in any position to play. If she has been practicing, then I assume the coaches know whether Tucker's knee is OK or it isn't, and whether she is ready for some action. I thought coaches were supposed to make decisions, but that is apparently not how Warlick operates.

She did the same for Izzy...she was cleared for Texas, but she didn't feel comfortable playing on her leg. They know their bodies better than anyone, and if they don't feel comfortable playing yet, especially after not playing for two years, they have the option of taking themselves out of the lineup. Pat did the same thing.

Reactions: 5 people
Jannah is cleared to play on Sunday, but it will depend on how she feels if she is ready to go. Holly is leaving it up to her, and her feeling about the knee. I honestly wouldn't expect her on Sunday, but would on Tuesday vs. Wichita State.

I wouldn't blame jannah at all if she wanted to wait it out because I'm sure the Rutgers game will be highly physical..no need in risking it.. She's waited a long time to finally be able to play..

It wouldn't be wise at all of holly to force a player to play if the player doesn't feel ready. If something bad happened and she got hurt, it would all come back on holly.

Reactions: 5 people
It has nothing to do with Jannah's knee. Holly said she is good to go and Jannah thought she was going to play against St. Francis. Holly had alluded to academics as the reason. Holly said Jannah get good grades, but has to be cleared academically.

Holly is going to play Massengale, Burdick, Carter, Reynolds, Harrison, Jones, and Graves most of the minutes against Rutgers. If any other player gets 10 minutes I'll be shocked.

I would prefer she gets her first action here....TBA will go wild when she reports to the scorers table.

It wouldn't be wise at all of holly to force a player to play if the player doesn't feel ready. If something bad happened and she got hurt, it would all come back on holly.
Real coaches don't leave that choice up to players, maybe up to a degree but not totally, if they play or if they do not play. Usually that is determined, in large part, by information received from a physician. If you leave such things up to players, that might be the reason for ineffective playing. It is okay to be a player's coach but only up to a point. In Holly's case, there is way too much wishy washy guesstimating as to when and where Tucker will play. Most injured players are on a time table, and that is usually up to the coach, as I said before, based upon medical information.

Day: Sunday
Date: Dec. 14, 2014
Time: 3:00 p.m. ET

the game will be on ESPN2 ,wohooo some TV coverage :)

you can stream the game here Watch Tennessee vs. Rutgers Live Online at WatchESPN

you can listen here
University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live
or
WNML The Sports Animal

the LADY Vols are ranked 11th in the AP Poll and 13th in the USA Coaches Poll

Rutgers is ranked 17th in the AP Poll and 19th in the USA Coaches Poll

it should be a great game the Scarlet Knights are averaging 76.5 points per game,the Lady Vols are averaging 85.5,Rutgers is ranked 15th in field goal percentage,the Lady Vols are ranked 30th

the Lady Vols are ranked 7th in rebounding and the Scarlet Knights are 12th

hopefully the Lady Vols will start selecting better shots and get that percentage up

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Before getting excited over the numbers, has Rutgers secured their numbers by playing on the Cupcake Tour? So far the Lady Vols have only played Cupcakes and one D1. We know what happened in D1 City and once at Cupcake U. The ladies will need their A+ game, because a B+ game will mean a fall in ranks.

Real coaches don't leave that choice up to players, maybe up to a degree but not totally, if they play or if they do not play. Usually that is determined, in large part, by information received from a physician. If you leave such things up to players, that might be the reason for ineffective playing. It is okay to be a player's coach but only up to a point. In Holly's case, there is way too much wishy washy guesstimating as to when and where Tucker will play. Most injured players are on a time table, and that is usually up to the coach, as I said before, based upon medical information.

This is absurd. It's absolutely up to the player when she is able to play. The only one who really knows how Jannah's knee feels, is Jannah. Just because she has been medically cleared, doesn't necessarily mean she's ready for game action.

Playing time is a privilege. Every player wants to be on the court. When Holly punishes players as she did at the beginning of the season what did she do? She took away games. Why would Jannah hold herself out unless she really didn't feel up to game action yet? She has been out for two years, not two weeks.

If Holly has been wishy-washy it has been in disclosing Jannah's punishment.... how many games, when they started counting, etc.... which seems to change every game.

Reactions: 3 people
if she can play, play her.

if she won't play, dismiss her.

if she misses classes, see #2

enough coddling of these kids.

Before getting excited over the numbers, has Rutgers secured their numbers by playing on the Cupcake Tour? So far the Lady Vols have only played Cupcakes and one D1. We know what happened in D1 City and once at Cupcake U. The ladies will need their A+ game, because a B+ game will mean a fall in ranks.

you don't think it will be a good game ? :)

I'm keeping the faith and hoping it all comes together for this team today! Gonna be a tough battle! Let's go LVs!!!

Go Lady Vols !!!
I'm nervous about today's game for a number of reasons.
It's a road game. We are 1-2 in road games so far.
Rutgers has some height that could slow down Izzy.
They have quick guards who can score and we know what has happened with players like that recently.
But, with all of that said, I'm predicting a 4 pt Lady Vol win due to a deeper bench.
Hopefully, this game will get them moving in the right direction for the rest of the season. :dance2::dance2:

Last edited:
Do we have anybody who can guard Laney she may get 40 points and 40 rebounds today. She is the difference in this game if we don't have an answer for her we want win.

This game should answer some questions. Rutgers have always been a scrappy team. We will see just how mentally and physically tough our team is heading into sec play.

VN Store

Back