Media Day

teacherdean

Holly seemed a little more confident during her interview today. I hope this leads to a tougher coaching plan against Rutgers. I am hoping that the cupcake tour does not affect our ladies because Rutgers is a lot better than the Cupcakes we have player up to now, with the exception of Texas which is not anywhere close to Cupcake Avenue. Holly also stated that Tucker will be ready for this game. If she can shoot as advertised from the outside, we should be able to take advantage of our inside program when she is in. I have some doubts because Tucker has not played organized ball in two years. I just hope we can encourage Massengale to shoot from the outside, and whatever we do, do not let her play point. Massingale has been far too error prong. We must take care of the ball, and develop some type of an outside game against Rutgers, or we will suffer another loss. Go Big Orange, we love you win or lose.:clapping:

"prone" - "error-prone"
Forgive me, you've been driving me crazy with "error prong"

Perhaps he is suggesting an important innovation in coaching techniques. "Massengale, if you make another turnover, it's the error prong for you (and I just had it sharpened!).

Reactions: 2 people
"prone" - "error-prone"
Forgive me, you've been driving me crazy with "error prong"
Excuse me I don't know you personally but driving you crazy is the last thing I ever want to do. Prozac is way too expensive, at least for me, I stand corrected, I am deeply, deeply ashamed of myself. If I drove anyone else crazy please forgive me especially the dictionarians (not a real word so do not worry about going crazy)I really am a nice committed Lady Vol fan.

Perhaps he is suggesting an important innovation in coaching techniques. "Massengale, if you make another turnover, it's the error prong for you (and I just had it sharpened!).

I would like to make an excuse but it was a screw up, I do like your suggestion.

Me too Volly.

If that drove you crazy, I can do some things that will send you to the loony bin. (LOL) I started to leave loony bend in but I did not want you to leave the house shouting, "The Dean drove me crazy, etc."

Last edited:
If that drove you crazy, I can do some things that will send you to the loony bin. (LOL) I started to leave loony bend in but I did not want you to leave the house shouting, "The Dean drove me crazy, etc."

Hay Dean,

Thank you for not leaving "loony bend" in. I can only take so much.

I believe that "The Error Prong" will become a useful tool when we describe the mistakes of some of our players.

People need to realize the last time Tucker played organized basketball was her junior year in high school which she is three years removed from. I'm pretty sure I'm correct on this. So, let's give her some time.

Excuse me I don't know you personally but driving you crazy is the last thing I ever want to do. Prozac is way too expensive, at least for me, I stand corrected, I am deeply, deeply ashamed of myself. If I drove anyone else crazy please forgive me especially the dictionarians (not a real word so do not worry about going crazy)I really am a nice committed Lady Vol fan.

I know you weren't intending to drive me crazy, and it'd be a short trip anyway. Normally I don't correct posts in this way. It may seem silly to you, but some of us notice stuff like that more than others do - just as some people are more susceptible to cold weather than others - and it bothers us. I'd seen this particular mistake ("prong" instead of "prone") at least 3 times on this board, and it was time to mention it. Thank you for understanding & thank you for being a Lady Vol fan!

I saw the media session..... it was good..... I hope though, that Holly isn't banking the success of Lady Vols on "energy" I hear that term a lot from her...... the LVs still need a more defined and focused offense...... i still cannot figure out the offense she is trying to highlight...... and defense which is her focus, as she has said many times..... must be tighter..... and all 5 players need to be engaged...... I hope LVs do well this weekend..... Rutgers is a good team.....

I know you weren't intending to drive me crazy, and it'd be a short trip anyway. Normally I don't correct posts in this way. It may seem silly to you, but some of us notice stuff like that more than others do - just as some people are more susceptible to cold weather than others - and it bothers us. I'd seen this particular mistake ("prong" instead of "prone") at least 3 times on this board, and it was time to mention it. Thank you for understanding & thank you for being a Lady Vol fan!

The improper use of their, there and they're drive me nuts. Also, your and you're.

Hay Dean,

I believe that "The Error Prong" will become a useful tool when we describe the mistakes of some of our players.
Just thinking of you. Do you remember, maybe you are way too young, the old computer pong game where the little dot was all over the place, maybe we have reached the stage where our ladies are being coached to play pong basketball. The problem is, we need to convince other coaches to coach their teams in the same manner.(LOL):good!:

Hay Dean,

Is Hay Dean kin to Haystack Calhoun?:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back