@LadyVol_Hoops Report (12/10/14)

VN News

Head coach Holly Warlick, senior center Isabelle Harrison and senior forward Cierra Burdick visited with the media Wednesday in advance of UT's 3 p.m. Sunday showdown on ESPN2 with #17/19 Rutgers.
video_icon.png
WARLICK l
video_icon.png
BURDICK l
video_icon.png
HARRISON

More...

Warlick is delusional--seriously. She harps on this idea of the team "playing hard," and
talks constantly about needing great "effort" from the team. Effort is sometimes an issue but not the main issue with this team by a long shot. THIS is why our coaching is so mediocre. How can Warlick improve the team when all she EVER thinks we need is better effort?! She never makes an specific or intelligent points about how the team, or individual players, are performing. Everything is good, in her view--except for effort. This is the only point she ever really makes. Not exactly a sophisticated coaching mind. I predict, right now, that Rutgers will beat us--and then we will hear Warlick talking yet again about how her team's effort wasn't good enough. Oh, my. We are doomed.

Reactions: 4 people
lol, Armchair, you are starting to rub off on me.... because I can't fault a single word in your last post... Well said!

except you used "an" where "a " should have been, lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
A team with hs all Americans up and down the bench with no offensive identity or chemistry and she wants to talk effort? Really she doesn't command respect which you can add to the list.

Reactions: 2 people
Warlick is delusional--seriously. She harps on this idea of the team "playing hard," and
talks constantly about needing great "effort" from the team. Effort is sometimes an issue but not the main issue with this team by a long shot. THIS is why our coaching is so mediocre. How can Warlick improve the team when all she EVER thinks we need is better effort?! She never makes an specific or intelligent points about how the team, or individual players, are performing. Everything is good, in her view--except for effort. This is the only point she ever really makes. Not exactly a sophisticated coaching mind. I predict, right now, that Rutgers will beat us--and then we will hear Warlick talking yet again about how her team's effort wasn't good enough. Oh, my. We are doomed.

I know I might pay dearly for having faith in Holly but my wife, who loves the Lady Vols, has asked me to have faith that Holly will come up with a winning game plan against Rutgers. Dear I am going to follow your advice and look at the glass as half full, however, My mind is telling me that before the game is over, the glass will be completely empty.

Watch what she says if we lose that game. Not enough effort defense was not good, didn't follow the game plan. Even though when we look at the boxscore we will see the Lady Vols shot 35 percent for the game and players that can't shoot will be the ones who played most of the minutes. I hope we win but I am thinking it looks like another loss certainly hope I'm wrong.

The Andy Landers idea is a joke. But he can do something that most coaches can't.
Take medicore talent 3-4 star players and an occasional 5 star and consistently finishing in the top 3 of the SEC.

2005-06 Andy Landers 23–9 10–4 3rd NCAA Sixteen
2006-07 Andy Landers 27–7 11–3 2nd NCAA Sixteen
2007-08 Andy Landers 23–10 8–6 T-4th NCAA Second Round
2008-09 Andy Landers 18–14 7–7 7th NCAA First Round
2009-10 Andy Landers 25–9 9–7 T-3rd NCAA Sixteen
2010-11 Andy Landers 23–11 10–6 3rd NCAA Sixteen
2011-12 Andy Landers 22–9 11–5 3rd NCAA First Round
2012-13 Andy Landers 28–7 12–4 3rd NCAA Quarterfinals

Andy needs to stay in Georgia. Much respect for him. Lets talk about our coaching when the season is over.
1996, we lost 10 games, looked pittiful, won the championship. ANYTHING can happen. Wait till the season is over!

I know I might pay dearly for having faith in Holly but my wife, who loves the Lady Vols, has asked me to have faith that Holly will come up with a winning game plan against Rutgers. Dear I am going to follow your advice and look at the glass as half full, however, My mind is telling me that before the game is over, the glass will be completely empty.
Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with you. You would run out waving the white flag before the enemy showed up. While I do question some of Holly's decisions about who to put on the floor and our offensive scheme, I fully expect to win this game.

Reactions: 3 people
Well, it will be interesting to see which offense functions best, as Rutgers might be the only big-name basketball school whose offense, over the years, as been more ragged and inefficient than ours.

The Andy Landers idea is a joke. But he can do something that most coaches can't.
Take medicore talent 3-4 star players and an occasional 5 star and consistently finishing in the top 3 of the SEC.

2005-06 Andy Landers 23–9 10–4 3rd NCAA Sixteen
2006-07 Andy Landers 27–7 11–3 2nd NCAA Sixteen
2007-08 Andy Landers 23–10 8–6 T-4th NCAA Second Round
2008-09 Andy Landers 18–14 7–7 7th NCAA First Round
2009-10 Andy Landers 25–9 9–7 T-3rd NCAA Sixteen
2010-11 Andy Landers 23–11 10–6 3rd NCAA Sixteen
2011-12 Andy Landers 22–9 11–5 3rd NCAA First Round
2012-13 Andy Landers 28–7 12–4 3rd NCAA Quarterfinals

Andy needs to stay in Georgia. Much respect for him. Lets talk about our coaching when the season is over.
1996, we lost 10 games, looked pittiful, won the championship. ANYTHING can happen. Wait till the season is over!

I share your optimistic outlook, but I will add that in 96 we had holdsclaw and coach summitt.

What do y'all expect. Pat had no offensive philosophy. She recruited and got girls who would play defense. That doesn't work today since the level of coaching is much higher. You actually have someone like Geno who teaches offense, so it's more than just having a faster, stronger and more athletic girl up in your grill on defense.

Holly says players need to play with more effort. Which players? Whomever they are either need to get with the program or be replaced by someone who is ready to play with effort. I get tired of hearing this after every loss then we beat some cream puff and Holly starts bragging about the effort. Seems like she is setting the team up for a fall this Sunday. If we lose I guess we didn't play hard enough.

I wonder if they get tired of hearing that? Let's hope that Holly comes up with a good game plan for Rutgers and is able to convey it to her team effectively.

Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with you. You would run out waving the white flag before the enemy showed up. While I do question some of Holly's decisions about who to put on the floor and our offensive scheme, I fully expect to win this game.
Just because my mind is worry does not mean I will run out on the Lady Vol, concern does not mean I will tuck tail and run with a flag of any color. I always expect us to win but there is the Holly factor. If you consider that giving up then so be your opinion. I question quite a bit of Holly's decision making skills. You stand your way and I will stand mine but make no mistake about it I love the Lady Vols.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back