What is the Issue?

teacherdean

The Lady Vols do not appear to be close to their prior championship form. Is Holly to blame or are we just fat on history? It is also possible that we are still looking for the next Pat? Some of us want Holly to go right now, others want her to leave at the end of the year, while some of us love and cherish the idea of Holly staying forever. It is a fact that we have a coach who does not appear on court or during interviews, to be as tough minded as the top ten coaches we see. The team seems at times to be error prong and lacking in enthusiasm. They have allowed two D2 teams to stay close to them in rebounds, including one that took them behind the woodshed and gave them a wiping.

We cannot just be happy with bad play, winning percentages, and getting close to the prize (sweet 16 and elite 8). Using getting close as wins, only works in hanger grenades and horse shoes. It is not just winning and losing that counts but how you win and how you lose. Can Holly be a final four coach? That is yet to be determined, however, a captain must show early that he/she has the ability to revive a sinking ship and keep it afloat and maintain its place among the top ships on the sea. That is particularly difficult when the last Captain was a sea going legend.

Reactions: 1 person
The Lady Vols do not appear to be close to their prior championship form. Is Holly to blame or are we just fat on history? It is also possible that we are still looking for the next Pat? Some of us want Holly to go right now, others want her to leave at the end of the year, while some of us love and cherish the idea of Holly staying forever. It is a fact that we have a coach who does not appear on court or during interviews, to be as tough minded as the top ten coaches we see. The team seems at times to be error prong and lacking in enthusiasm. They have allowed two D2 teams to stay close to them in rebounds, including one that took them behind the woodshed and gave them a wiping.

We cannot just be happy with bad play, winning percentages, and getting close to the prize (sweet 16 and elite 8). Using getting close as wins, only works in hanger grenades and horse shoes. It is not just winning and losing that counts but how you win and how you lose. Can Holly be a final four coach? That is yet to be determined, however, a captain must show early that he/she has the ability to revive a sinking ship and keep it afloat and maintain its place among the top ships on the sea. That is particularly difficult when the last Captain was a sea going legend.

"The Next Pat" isn't as much the issue as waiting for "The Next Candace".

If Breanna Stewart decided to come to Tennessee, no one would be second guessing Holly right now because she'd have at least 1 NC under her belt.

Reactions: 4 people

Simple HOLLY, plus there is just so much talent spread around and GENO goes get the top players he wonts like we did with PAT in the old days.

Ok, I admittedly keep up w the LVs so flame away if you want. But watching this coaching staff is like watching a train wreck. Holly has no idea what it takes to be the head coach at TN. Great assistant and great friend to the players, but her in game decisions are beyond questionable. She doesn't know which players have the right on court chemistry and has no clue when and who to substitute when things aren't going right.
Pat Summitt was the unrivaled queen of motivation, but Holly doesn't have an ounce of that ability.

I think TN needs someone like Jeff Walz to bring them back to where they need to be... IMHO

Reactions: 5 people
"The Next Pat" isn't as much the issue as waiting for "The Next Candace".

If Breanna Stewart decided to come to Tennessee, no one would be second guessing Holly right now because she'd have at least 1 NC under her belt.
Next year we will have the horses but can we direct them for the needed results. It will take more than one Stewie to win NC it will also take a good supporting cast. Plus UCONN is not nearly as error prong as we are.

Reactions: 2 people

So let me get this straight - someone going behind the woodshed for some wiping ? Some butt wiping behind the woodshed ? Ummmm tmi

Next year we will have the horses but can we direct them for the needed results. It will take more than one Stewie to win NC it will also take a good supporting cast. Plus UCONN is not nearly as error prong as we are.

Of course the fact that UConn has Stewart will be problematic next year, even with Diamond and Mercedes back. But Tennessee should be top 3 from beginning to end and considered one of the favorites for NC.

If Tennessee loses to Chattanooga again next year, then obviously something's not working...but I'll be willing to beat my paycheck that scenario won't happen again.

The LVs performances have been disappointing to this juncture. But championships, final fours etc are not won on November and December. A team can look ragged early in the season and find its form later in the year.

Holly has done enough with the SEC wins, sweet 16 appearances and recruiting success (Mercedes was on paper, the big prize last year) and getting DeShields in the transfer derby, that this fire "Holly" is WAY premature.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't venture to the forum so I won't make a long input but it's a MAJOR disappoint that the Lady Vols aren't the form they used to be. If Hart can make Counzo leave I'm sure he could do the same to Holly.

Reactions: 2 people
LVs are indeed getting some great players.... some great athletes..... I think we need to coach them better..... we have no offense scheme or plan that I can see..... can't say that our players are not the caliber of Chatanooga, or of Texas..... we should be ready to play those teams...... I know Izzy would have helped for Texas .... but their 6'7" center was also on the bench...... Pat could will her team to do better, something that Holly does not have..... hopefully it will get better

I don't venture to the forum so I won't make a long input but it's a MAJOR disappoint that the Lady Vols aren't the form they used to be. If Hart can make Counzo leave I'm sure he could do the same to Holly.

Hart has shown his ability to make a lot of people leave. I wish he would use it on himself.

Reactions: 4 people
Hart has shown his ability to make a lot of people leave. I wish he would use it on himself.

Why? Could you list the EXACT offenses and failures that disqualify him please? I am truly interested to see the offenses and the verifiable evidence behind them. TIA

I do not know why everybody hates on Hart. He is a pretty good AD. He is better than most that hold the same title. Just because he get's rid of "Lady" except for bball everyone is up in arms about it. Who cares, should we call the mens teams "Gentleman" Vols, I do not think so. Flame away but it is no big deal. At the rate that we are going in a couple of years there wont be enough people in TBA to worry about it. Holly will have run them all off with bad basketball.

Reactions: 3 people
Why? Could you list the EXACT offenses and failures that disqualify him please? I am truly interested to see the offenses and the verifiable evidence behind them. TIA

I stated "ability to make a lot of people leave". You can look up the list of past UT employees of the AD department. I am sure it is public record.

livefaith - I am just going on what I hear..... I am not qualified to speak with conviction on the inner workings of the AD and with his part of it..... so i will defer..... perhaps he is opposite of what I hear..... which is in the context of supporting the Lady Vols.....

I don't think you have to have offenses to not like the guy. I don't think he is a good leader. He doesn't inspire confidence in me. He seems to me to be someone who has achieved way beyond his capabilities. He stumbled around in his firing of Dooley, didn't have a solid candidate already lined up, went after Gundy then Strong and bumbled and fumbled around and then stumbled onto Butch. Any third grader could have done as good a job. Same with the Cuonzo thing. Also, how he has handled the employees in the AD. He seems to be real insecure like for instance with the Jennings firing. The letter he wrote about insubordination. He seems like a little insecure man. Also, when he speaks. He isn't sharp. He would probably make a good librarian or something. Also, the whole Holly Warlick thing. He goes with the safe hire. She didn't really earn this.

VN Store

Back