Game thread: Ut vs. Lip

Amb3096

Since there's no thread up yet, I'll start one. But I have to go find the nearest church. Jasmine just hit a 3, and Cierra is the best player on the court so far. The Apocalypse is surely imminent.

28-3 with 7 min to go in the first half. Tennessee on a 26-0 run.

Last edited:
How the Hell does Lipscomb have two wins? They look like a lower tier D2 team.

Were not getting any better playing these kind of games. A total mismatch.

Every team has cupcakes on their schedule, so you just try to make the most of them.

I do think that it hurts to play these kinds of teams if you're just going to press them for 40 minutes and play your experienced players loads of minutes. This is the kind of game where the freshmen and Nia should be playing a lot.

Massengale isn't even trying on defense. She needs a serious kick in the butt, I don't care if we're playing a cupcake or not.

The refs are being very generous to Lipscomb -- UT's being pretty generous too, but the refs are doing a nice job keeping things "civil."

...and scored more points than the combined halftime score of Duke/SC.

Still, 39 points on 41% FG and only outrebounding these shrimps by 3 is not anything I'm going to get excited about.

Our half-court offense still isn't looking very sharp. Same old perimeter passing, dribbling, and standing around without making anything useful happen.

If you throw it into a post they try to score even if three players are around them. Haven't seen any of them throw it out for a wide open three attempt.

If you throw it into a post they try to score even if three players are around them. Haven't seen any of them throw it out for a wide open three attempt.

Sad to say, they have a better chance of scoring out of the triple team than hitting a wide open 3 ptr...

I don't understand. They're making terrible passes, poor decisions, not showing any intensity, turning the ball over - why aren't we calling a timeout and getting angry about this? They should be embarrassed by how poorly they're playing. They should be embarrassed. If they don't want to play with any discipline then put in five who do want to play with discipline. They're better than that. That's an entire roster of All Americans out there. Getting outrebounded and outscored by Lipscomb? They're better than that.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back