Between the UConn/ND and SC/Duke game...

Amb3096

It's clear that Muffett, Dawn, and Joanne obviously share offensive sets with Holly. I will guess that Tennessee will score more points in the first half today than SC and Duke combined (aided by the cupcake opponent, of course).

Ugly, ugly game so far.

It looks like if you can play good interior defense, Carolina has a hard time scoring. Second half will be interesting. Dawn is a good coach but I can't stand her constant whining.

It's clear that Muffett, Dawn, and Joanne obviously share offensive sets with Holly. I will guess that Tennessee will score more points in the first half today than SC and Duke combined (aided by the cupcake opponent, of course).

Ugly, ugly game so far.

Yes and yes on your points,AMB3096. I am sitting here wondering why we get so many negative posts about our Lady Vol's offense when the numbers one,two,and nine teams run essentially the same offense,as others do,I'm sure. Failure to move is the big problem with this or any other offense.

Reactions: 1 person
Dozier busting the zone open. It's amazing that SC is winning while getting nothing from Mitchell, Coates, and Wilson.

Wilson got called for a foul but that was a nasty block!

Last edited:
ND has had a beautiful offense the last few years with beautiful cuts and movements. Not sure what happened last game.

McCallie is a horrible coach, and Staley has yet to proven she can coach an offense. Not the greatest company to be in if you're Holly.

SC has been overrated as hell all season long. They've proven about as much as we have.

Last edited:
ND has had a beautiful offense the last few years with beautiful cuts and movements. Not sure what happened last year.

McCallie is a horrible coach, and Staley has yet to proven she can coach an offense. Not the greatest company to be in if you're Holly.

SC has been overrated as hell all season long. They've proven about as much as we have.

SC still should have won, but stunk it up at the FT line. Wasn't terribly impressed by Wilson or Mitchell today.

Duke had two timeouts left the coach should have either used one of those timeouts right after the Mitchell three or immediately after she saw that Greenwell was trapped and was in trouble.

Last edited:
Things I thought I would never hear:

1) South Carolina now leads the attendance in women's basketball

2)A'ja Wilson chose SC over UT because, according to her, she wanted a tough coach who would make her a better player.

Things I thought I would never hear:

1) South Carolina now leads the attendance in women's basketball

2)A'ja Wilson chose SC over UT because, according to her, she wanted a tough coach who would make her a better player.

Then I hope that Dawn puts in her head that she's not a damn guard and uses her at the high post. With her length and mobility, she's practically unstoppable there. Her jump shot, however, is horrible. She airballed a 6 foot jumper, and her FT efficiency is shyte. But ******n, she's an athletic specimen!

Duke had two timeouts left the coach should have either used one of those timeouts right after the Mitchell three or immediately after she saw that Greenwell was trapped and was in trouble.

Freshman mistake by Rebecca. Looks like she didn't consider the fact that they WEREN'T just going to straight up foul her. Can't put this one on Joanne because it happened so fast that there was no time to call the timeout.

good win by USC ...... didn't think they were going to get there.... but somehow they did..... first half was sloppy.....

It may haven't been pretty but road wins against top 10 teams are tough to pull off. S Carolina found a way to win in CI on a day they weren't at their best.

Kudos.

I had both games on, Duke/USC&Lipscomb/UT, neither seem to be better than players on our roster. I think Wilson needs to realize she will be a better post/wing than a guard at this level. I think she has Parker instincts. I still do not think we have really seen what Nared can do.

As far as Wilson choosing coaches based on toughness, Holly seems to be anything but a tough coach. I think that kids view tough coaches by their TV image and Holly does not pass the toughness eye test. I think that her interview and coaching image needs a little work. I do not mean an out of control nut case but similar to what we saw two games ago when she went after a ref for a bad call. Some times coaches have to be fired up and reflect emotions it has a way of transcending through the DNA of their team.

Reactions: 2 people
It may haven't been pretty but road wins against top 10 teams are tough to pull off. S Carolina found a way to win in CI on a day they weren't at their best.

Kudos.

No kidding. When is the last time Tennessee had one?

It's amazes me how quickly people forget, UNC and Baylor dropped us

I think that it speaks for itself about these two programs. I would hope that The Lady Vols would not pull an NC and become ticked off because one of our best players chose to play for another school, and drop that school. At best that is petty. I think that Baylor dropped us last year after the schedule was created. Who knows what Mulkey was thinking. I do hope that next year we schedule games with other D1 schools in one of the top 5 conferences. Playing cupcakes is not a good way to prepare for the season. This is especially true when you schedule D2 cupcakes with losing records. I do realize that Holly did not have a choice this year and should not be blamed. However, she is still responsible for coaching players to be at their best no matter who they play, cupcakes or not. I hate to use UCONN as an example but they play in the American Conference with more cupcakes than you can buy at the local bakery. UCONN will take these cupcakes behind the woodshed and show little if any mercy. The team will not take time off they will be just as organized and intense as if they are playing D1 top notch teams. Believe you me it is difficult to get teams up when they are playing in a conference loaded with cupcakes and also rans. A good coach has the ability to keep a good team grounded, competitive, and the ego to say stop me if you can.

Last edited:
No kidding. When is the last time Tennessee had one?

It might not have been pretty but we got one today. I think the scoring difference should have been wider, but, at this point, we cannot look a gift horse in the mouth (whatever that means).:mf_surrender:

ND has had a beautiful offense the last few years with beautiful cuts and movements. Not sure what happened last year.

McCallie is a train wreck.

yes baylor and UNC dropped UT off the schedule......

UNC I may be able to see..... they still have some good OOC competition, (UCLA, Stanford, e.g.)..... and the ACC is very strong (LVille, ND, Duke, etc)..... so that is a decent schedule....

but what is with Baylor? They have Kentucky on the schedule.... having already lost to them..... and no significant OOC games that would serve to make the team better.... they have only Texas in conference...... that is so weak...... what is Kim thinking? playing nobodies does not elevate the level of her program..... a Baylor UT game would be good....

Carolina looked like sheit yesterday, but they did win a tough game on an opponents floor yesterday, something your team has struggled to do. Sweep around your front porch and focus on the Lipscomb teams of the world.

Last edited:
Do not compare our offense to Notre Dame's--you're insulting McGraw, who coaches circles around our staff with equal or less talent. They came to Ktown a couple of years ago and absolutely embarrassed us, but that isn't so hard to do anymore. Actually, we usually just embarrass ourselves--see first half of texas game for latest example.

Carolina looked like sheit yesterday, but they did win a tough game on an opponents floor yesterday, something your team has struggled to do. Sweep around your front porch and focus on the Lipscomb teams of the world.

Ummmmm you beat Duke. What address do you want your cookie sent to?

Still mad we got Diamond or nah?

Reactions: 1 person
Ummmmm you beat Duke. What address do you want your cookie sent to?

Still mad we got Diamond or nah?

You've got me confused with another poster who wolfed about Diamond going to Tennessee. If she's happy, I'm happy. I think your fanbase(and another one) has had animosity toward SC since Wilson gave you both stiff-arms. You still mad we kept Wilson, or nah?

VN Store

Back