bring back lady vols logo

The Women's baseketball team still has the logo. They are the only women's team to still be called the Lady Vols.

Got it?

The focus should be on winning games and not a Damn logo during the season. Let's deal with this in April.

All the ladies that play sports at UT love the tradition of the Lady Vols and the logo.....heck we get a lot of men's players because theyou heard of Tennessee because of the Lady Vols exposure....what's next? Are we going to tell smokey to hit the road cause we can't afford to take care of live animals anymore?

Reactions: 2 people
Lady Vols is very 1950ish and sexist. We are all equal Vols

I don't agree with it being sexist but it is a very old and southern tradition. I guess I'm surprised how much people seem to care about this? Is it really that big a deal?

I don't agree with it being sexist but it is a very old and southern tradition. I guess I'm surprised how much people seem to care about this? Is it really that big a deal?
Sort of think of it in reverse. For a woman to be equal to a man; she does not have to BE a man. Work on that long enough and one could conclude that requiring the Lady Vols to be Vols is what is sexist...like requiring a woman to be a man to be equal.
Don't someone go overboard and jump me, I'm just looking at different angles. Perspective can really change things.
Lady Vols is a name the women at UT chose for themselves and earned. DNA makes a woman; character and class make a lady.
If the teams choose not to be called Lady Vols, I have no trouble with that decision. Obviously, in at least some areas, it is felt important to be known as a Lady Vol, or the basketball team would not have been 'allowed' to keep the name. What I have trouble with is some johhny come lately athletic directer, with no UT background, arbitrarily forcing that decision on numerous current athletes - as well as on previous athletes from the Lady Vol program.
Part of it is I do not trust hart, especially when it comes to women's athletics. He is not as incompetant as hamilton, but in the long run I think he may do even more damage. That's my opinion; I may be wrong. Either he will last long enough to prove me wrong, will prove me right, or will leave before a positive determination can be reached.

VN Store

Back