Izzy

I know she is a real gamer, but I hope she is fully healed and not coming back too early.

From what I read, and the impression I get it's been her choice not to play, I believe she was cleared before the UTC game. Not sure how that sits with me as a fan

I pray and hope Izzy makes a difference and is not coming back too soon. I would imagine that she is a little scared to try out the knee. I suffered several injuries from playing sports. I was always a little scared until I was able to prove to myself that I was ready to give 100%. The mind can do a lot of funny things.

No flashbacks to her sophomore season. All American back on the floor, that bodes well, but how will the ladies play around her timid or aggressive.

From what I read, and the impression I get it's been her choice not to play, I believe she was cleared before the UTC game. Not sure how that sits with me as a fan

An athlete knows his/her body better than any trainer or doctor. If she lacked the confidence to play at full speed, that sits perfectly fine with me. Holly would have figured out ways to lose even if Izzy was limping around the court.

Reactions: 1 person
No flashbacks to her sophomore season. All American back on the floor, that bodes well, but how will the ladies play around her timid or aggressive.

I think that Izzy on the court automatically makes Graves better. It takes pressure of Bashaara and allows her to do what she does best. Rebounds, putbacks and hustle plays. Better to serve this role than design plays around having Bashaara score.

Izzy also gives the guards a target inside, and she's good enough that she can open up the guards if she draws additional defenders.

Without Izzy and without Simmons, the offense looked bad. At least Simmons had lots of practice making crazy shots that she would make some of them. The team looks lost on offense if they can't get a steal or force a turnover.

Reactions: 1 person
Its our defense, its our defense, its our defense and rebounding. We beat UNC, Stanford scoring 50 points or holding less than 50 points. Its defense, its a mentality if we don't score, you don't score. I could care less about offense.

The offense is not the problem if they wouldn't be so scared to make a mistake, all of them look to scared to shoot, cos Holly says get the ball inside, but pass up wide open looks. The players look scared, and aren't aggressive, they don't play with a freedom and that's on both sides of the ball.

Defense and Rebounds win Championships, cos against good team, they are going to take away what you want to run, then you have to have a play maker, when we won our championships, we had one, right now we don't have one, next year. Defense and Rebounds keep preaching it Holly. It'll get you to your goal faster than focusing on offense, offense, offense.

If you ever coached the game, you know how importance defense (steals) and rebounding (2nd chance points, fast break points) is, cos you get to dictate the flow of the game, you want more possessions,you want as my possession or shots on the other team basket as possible, now if you have great 3 point shooting, you can get away with being a weak defensive team, but we get to the final four, we gonna have to be able to stop teams, shut em down.

Last edited:
I just wished she would have redshirted this year. She does not look as fluent or confident now as she did last year because of the injury. If she would have redshirted she would be better positioned for the draft as a top pick.

VN Store

Back