Jannah

Is Jannah going to play this year? Holly said mid November. It's now December.

I've learned to never go by what holly says. She has said different things about jannah, so it's hard to get a feel for when she will actually return. I don't think she's been cleared medically yet either. Mickey dearstone said that it's now looking like early jan, MAYBE, late December before tucker gets to see some action. all I know is that with the addition of tucker and harrison back to the lineup should help tremondously

Reactions: 1 person
I've learned to never go by what holly says. She has said different things about jannah, so it's hard to get a feel for when she will actually return. I don't think she's been cleared medically yet either. Mickey dearstone said that it's now looking like early jan, MAYBE, late December before tucker gets to see some action. all I know is that with the addition of tucker and harrison back to the lineup should help tremondously

I think fans expecting a miracle fix are going to be disappointed. I wish Harrison would still consider redshirting because even when she returns it's hard to believe she will be 100% this season. And who knows what to expect from Tucker, but all this time she has missed doesn't bode well IMO....

Reactions: 4 people
I agree about Harrison and the redshirting. She's had this same injury at least once before, and I can't imagine she'll be 100% when she comes back either.

The way Holly was talking she was expecting her to play at Texas. So I am sure she want redshirt. I am also sure she is ready to move to the next level. Hopefully she will be back for Rutgers we need to win that road game.

Harrison is good enough so that she will band aid a lot of Holly's coaching abilities or inabilities. Tucker hopefully will play when she is 100% and not one minute before.

Mickey said on the radio she is required to sit two games after she is cleared. Sounds like she is real close.

that's the dumbest thing ever. The poor girl has missed 2 years already and holly has to hold her out even more for some "discipline" reason? Jeez, make her say "I'm Sorry" 10 times and let her play!

Izzy playing this year with this hot mess of a team would be a waste of her final year. I agree, I wish she would redshirt and play next year with Diamond and Te'a. It should at least be consulted with her.

Izzy playing this year with this hot mess of a team would be a waste of her final year. I agree, I wish she would redshirt and play next year with Diamond and Te'a. It should at least be consulted with her.

You don't think there's hope for this team once Izzy comes back? I think with her on the court, there is the potential for this to be a good team...provided the freshmen are not sacrificed in favor of unproductive upperclassmen, Nia is given an opportunity to get some experience against tougher opponents, and some of the players who will be around next year continue to improve.

With Izzy, and with some luck and a few breaks, I think this team can still compete for the NC (especially with UConn's only true center apparently in Geno's doghouse these days). Without her, then the freshmen will never see playing time and the team will continue to spin their wheels.

Having said that, Izzy back next year with Diamond and hopefully a healthy Jannah/Mercedes would probably be one of the favorites to win the NC...

Reactions: 2 people
You don't think there's hope for this team once Izzy comes back? I think with her on the court, there is the potential for this to be a good team...provided the freshmen are not sacrificed in favor of unproductive upperclassmen, Nia is given an opportunity to get some experience against tougher opponents, and some of the players who will be around next year continue to improve.

With Izzy, and with some luck and a few breaks, I think this team can still compete for the NC (especially with UConn's only true center apparently in Geno's doghouse these days). Without her, then the freshmen will never see playing time and the team will continue to spin their wheels.

Having said that, Izzy back next year with Diamond and hopefully a healthy Jannah/Mercedes would probably be one of the favorites to win the NC...

No. Even with a healthy Izzy, and she won't be healthy this year, this team isn't even close to a Final Four.

Reactions: 3 people
No. Even with a healthy Izzy, and she won't be healthy this year, this team isn't even close to a Final Four.

I'm not going to read too much into what happens in games where Izzy isn't there. No reasonable person would think that Tennessee would beat Texas without an inside presence for offense and defense. If they continued to stink it up once Izzy was back, then that's a different story.

And it's a sprained knee, not an ACL...not a concussion. I'll play the doom and gloom game if the team continues to suck once they are complete.

I'm not going to read too much into what happens in games where Izzy isn't there. No reasonable person would think that Tennessee would beat Texas without an inside presence for offense and defense. If they continued to stink it up once Izzy was back, then that's a different story.

Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into the UTC game. Definitely an aberration.

And it's a sprained knee, not an ACL...not a concussion. I'll play the doom and gloom game if the team continues to suck once they are complete.

A very serious sprain that's caused her to miss 5 games already. See how limited Graves and Russell were last year with nagging injury and they didn't even have to miss this kind of time. Like I said before, if you're looking to Harrison to be a savior.....

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't read to much into the UTC game. Definitely an aberration.

A very serious sprain that's caused her to miss 5 games already. See how limited Graves and Russell were last year with nagging injury and they didn't even have to miss this kind of time. Like I said before, if you're looking to Harrison to be a savior.....

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize Izzy was in that game. Oh wait...

That's like saying that if Breanna Stewart missed a few games and UConn struggled without her, then it shouldn't have made a difference. Izzy is the centerpiece of the team. Without her, the team is average. And unless you were in the exam room with Izzy, Holly and the doctor reviewing the MRI film, forgive me if I choose to ignore your diagnostic findings.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize Izzy was in that game. Oh wait...

That's like saying that if Breanna Stewart missed a few games and UConn struggled without her, then it shouldn't have made a difference. Izzy is the centerpiece of the team. Without her, the team is average. And unless you were in the exam room with Izzy, Holly and the doctor reviewing the MRI film, forgive me if I choose to ignore your diagnostic findings.

If you think the group that couldn't beat UTC is suddenly a title contender with a player who you are inexplicably putting on par with the best player in the country.... well good luck with that. I guess we'll find out soon enough....

If you think the group that couldn't beat UTC is suddenly a title contender with a player who you are inexplicably putting on par with the best player in the country.... well good luck with that. I guess we'll find out soon enough....

Sorry...what is it you're saying? Izzy is to Tennessee what Breanna is to UConn: the best and most important player on the team. Just because she's not as good as a player doesn't mean she isn't every bit as important to her team. Anyone who watches basketball can clearly understand this, so I'm not sure why I have to spell it out for you.

Tennessee blitzed Missouri a few years ago with Izzy in the middle shutting down any action in the paint. They played again after Izzy got hurt, and Mizzou repeatedly pounded the ball inside or drove to the hoop for easy baskets en route to a blowout win. I think the point difference swing between game 1 and 2 was something like 60 points.

Amazing what one player can do for your team, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If Izzy had a sprained knee, she should be fine once the injury has healed. The idea that she should redshirt is crazy. The season just started. She will help--but nothing will truly fix this team except a completely new coaching staff.

RE Tucker: Anybody who thinks she will contribute significantly this year is whistling Dixie. She hasn't played in two years. Next year.

Izzy tends to reinjure herself after she gets back onto the court after an injury. She did it her sophomore year.

A tear is technically a sprain, BTW. "Sprain" is pretty vague and encompasses a wide variety of injuries. We really don't know the extent of her injury.

I, for one, want to see her totally healthy. And I wonder how soon that will happen. If it doesn't happen by Christmas, I think she should consider redshirting.

Izzy tends to reinjure herself after she gets back onto the court after an injury. She did it her sophomore year.

A tear is technically a sprain, BTW. "Sprain" is pretty vague and encompasses a wide variety of injuries. We really don't know the extent of her injury.

I, for one, want to see her totally healthy. And I wonder how soon that will happen. If it doesn't happen by Christmas, I think she should consider redshirting.

Izzy will play against Liscomb on Sunday

Sorry...what is it you're saying? Izzy is to Tennessee what Breanna is to UConn: the best and most important player on the team. Just because she's not as good as a player doesn't mean she isn't every bit as important to her team. Anyone who watches basketball can clearly understand this, so I'm not sure why I have to spell it out for you.

Because UConn destroys UTC even without Stewart. Stewart has well coached talent around her. Harrison does not. With or without Harrison, Tennessee isn't anywhere close to UConn and not a serious title contender this year. I don't know why I have to spell this out.

Tennessee blitzed Missouri a few years ago with Izzy in the middle shutting down any action in the paint. They played again after Izzy got hurt, and Mizzou repeatedly pounded the ball inside or drove to the hoop for easy baskets en route to a blowout win. I think the point difference swing between game 1 and 2 was something like 60 points.

Amazing what one player can do for your team, isn't it?

Then I guess Tennessee should beat Texas by about 50 in the rematch. You certainly proved me wrong on Massengale's great development so who am I to argue? :good!:

VN Store

Back