with good coaching this is a top 5 team

Darth_Vol

Under Holly, they don't even look like a top 25 team right now.

Anyone who thinks this trainwreck is well-coached is delusional....

Reactions: 16 people
How about the fact that our leading scorer, Nia Moore, only played the first 5 minutes of the game and that's it. Not due to injury. Not due to foul trouble.

Per Warlick, "I didn't think she was giving us much so we went with someone else. Yeah, looking back maybe we should have played her more."

Let me get this straight. Your leading scorer doesn't "give you much" in the first 5 minutes of the game... and you sit her for the entire rest of the game??? MAYBE you should have played her more than 5 minutes? Really?

Warlick may possibly be a more inept head coach than Dooley was. And that's very hard to do. She needs to go back to the bench and let someone else lead. This team, as it stands now, will lose 10 games easily. They're looking at an 8 or 9 seed in the NCAAT right now.

Reactions: 12 people
How about the fact that our leading scorer, Nia Moore, only played the first 5 minutes of the game and that's it. Not due to injury. Not due to foul trouble.

Per Warlick, "I didn't think she was giving us much so we went with someone else. Yeah, looking back maybe we should have played her more."

Let me get this straight. Your leading scorer doesn't "give you much" in the first 5 minutes of the game... and you sit her for the entire rest of the game??? MAYBE you should have played her more than 5 minutes? Really?

Warlick may possibly be a more inept head coach than Dooley was. And that's very hard to do. She needs to go back to the bench and let someone else lead. This team, as it stands now, will lose 10 games easily. They're looking at an 8 or 9 seed in the NCAAT right now.

Leading scorer AND leading rebounder until her minutes were cut the last two games...

Reactions: 1 person

If attendance starts to dwindle - someone in the AD might take some action

That won't happen for awhile. The women with buzz cuts will be there regardless. Hart needs to look at recruiting. It's really going to be bad when Holly has to play without 8 or 9 McDonalds All Americans. Deshields will make a big difference, but Warlick will probably turn her into an average player.

I think you can see her mentality in her "grind for 9" slogan. While it's obviously a grind to go all the way, that shouldn't be the message. UCONN's slogan is to destroy everyone. Not "grind" to a win. Sure, Stanford upset them (barely) but it's like a sports headline when UCONN loses. Lady Vols on the other hand have a coach with a losing record to UTC. It shouldn't be about grinding to 9. It should be "let's go punish this other team and show them why they messed up by scheduling us".

Mindset. Culture. We should be dominating teams when you compare the caliber of players UT has recruited with all but about 5 teams nationally.

Reactions: 8 people

If you look at Nia's stat line it is goose eggs all the way across. She had absolutely nothing to show for five minutes of play. I suspect if we went back and watched the film we would see her get pushed around or shy away from competing. Holly probably couldn't say what she was really thinking.

If you look at how productive the freshmen have been then Nared has probably been the least impressive, but she is getting the most minutes. She missed ALL of her shots and had maybe a couple of rebounds. At least once a smaller player just took the ball right out of her hands on a rebound. I had noticed in the all-star game that she is not physical at all and it shows at this level.

This is very much a finesse team without the fundamentals to play finesse basketball. Our ATO for the game was 3 to 12. No one had any idea what they were supposed to be doing for most of the game.

The missed layups and free throws are killing me as well. No excuse for that. You can't teach that at all. They don't seem to have that will to fight. Te'a and Diamond are different in that category. I honestly think Te'a, Diamond and Draya will be tough.

If the team is turning the ball over and quick shooting, how do we expect Nia to have any stats, and you let the freshman play through it,a big time game on the road, plus in the first half we looked ragged, ugh bad, no flow.

This team is looks confused as to how they want to play, its like two separate teams, get the ball inside, so the guards are scared to take wide open threes.

Then we ran 4 out 1 in and 5 out most of the game with Jasmine, Bashaara and Burdick instead Dunbar, Nared, Middleton. A very weak game plan and poor adjustments.

Reactions: 2 people
Holly and co are lost.. It's getting ridiculous.

We have more than enough talent to be blowing these teams out with even decent coaching.

We have more than enough talent to be a top 5 team in the country.

Don't get me wrong, I want what is best for the Tennessee Lady Vols. From what I am seeing so far this season, we are a little lacking in quality in some areas. With the injuries that have occured, our inside presence in somewhat is limbo. I assume this will improve with the return of the injured. As for the coaching of these athletes, I don't see an improvement in the near future. I don't question that these coaches are knowledgeable and highly qualified in the work. What worries me the most is their ability to get the experience and wisdom they have received to these players. JMO

Don't think Tyler is the answer now. Maybe in 10 years. The problem is Dave Hart made the safe hire when he hired Holly. Everybody wanted Holly. So, if he hires her and she doesn't pan out you can't blame him. If he doesn't hire her but someone else and they fail then it is on him. The safe choice is probably going to tank this program. I still want to give Holly this year but she is on a short leash from my perspective. I don't think Hart will change though no matter what.

Another thing. Holly hired all these supposed world beater recruiters and they can only recruit one post in three years. Amazing. Oh, wait, two. Forgot about Moore but Holly is not going to play her.

If you look at Nia's stat line it is goose eggs all the way across. She had absolutely nothing to show for five minutes of play. I suspect if we went back and watched the film we would see her get pushed around or shy away from competing. Holly probably couldn't say what she was really thinking.

If you look at how productive the freshmen have been then Nared has probably been the least impressive, but she is getting the most minutes. She missed ALL of her shots and had maybe a couple of rebounds. At least once a smaller player just took the ball right out of her hands on a rebound. I had noticed in the all-star game that she is not physical at all and it shows at this level.

This is very much a finesse team without the fundamentals to play finesse basketball. Our ATO for the game was 3 to 12. No one had any idea what they were supposed to be doing for most of the game.

Hey Holly's mom, how are you?

It was 5 minutes. The game is 40 minutes. I'm sure several players had a 5 minute stretch of not doing much. You don't take out a player that scored 25 points in a game.

Another thing. Holly hired all these supposed world beater recruiters and they can only recruit one post in three years. Amazing. Oh, wait, two. Forgot about Moore but Holly is not going to play her.

Baylor took two of the top posts in the country for next year. Two. Both were being recruited by UT. Baylor took them both and laughed at Warlick.

Recruiting is not the problem. It's knowing how to use what you recruit. That's the problem.

Recruiting is not the only problem. We need to recruit posts too. But you're right. 3 assists for the entire team. That's a problem. You think maybe Middleton or Dunbar might have elevated that total? This team doesn't know how to pass the ball. Also, Moore plays 5 minutes and has a zero stat line. Burdick plays 29 minutes and has 6 rebounds and 4 turnovers. Why not give Moore a chance to become a little more acclimated to the tougher competition? Instead she yanks her and sits her on the bench. Makes sense to me.

Recruiting is not the only problem. We need to recruit posts too. But you're right. 3 assists for the entire team. That's a problem. You think maybe Middleton or Dunbar might have elevated that total? This team doesn't know how to pass the ball. Also, Moore plays 5 minutes and has a zero stat line. Burdick plays 29 minutes and has 6 rebounds and 4 turnovers. Why not give Moore a chance to become a little more acclimated to the tougher competition? Instead she yanks her and sits her on the bench. Makes sense to me.
Middleton should have played a lot more and Dunbar should have been given a shot to see if she was on. When Moore was in they were having her feed Bashara. That's backwards. Bashara should have been feeding Nia. Nia has proved she can score. Bashara hasn't. No inside/outside game. Looked just like last year. No drive and dish. I don't understand. It's just not that hard.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back