The sun will rise

Amb3096

Despite two godawful games in a row, I believe that things can only get better from here! Izzy will be back soon, and then Tucker will add perimeter depth and outside shooting options.

I suppose that Nia Moore's start to the season may have spoiled us as fans. Izzy's absence was supposed to be catastrophic...it just took a few games to run into a team that was good enough to exploit that.

Assuming that the aforementioned 2 players come back, I still think Tennessee has a shot at the SEC title.

And enough about "freeing" players. I have a new mantra: "JAIL BURDICK!"

Reactions: 4 people
I still have hope but no hope without Harrison. We have to find a gunner who is a natural from 10 to 15 feet. That was obvious tonight. I still think that Holly was out coached. What happen to the three freshmen who were doing so good? I was so disappointed tonight. I think the game could have been won if our defense had not stayed in Knoxville. We need a go to player, like Diamond D., who can take control of a game and send cold blood rushing within the veins of the opposition. The last five years we have lost that Mojo that made Lady Vol basketball. The days when fear was our 6th player. Top five teams have that.

Reactions: 1 person
Forget Tucker: She hasn't played in two years and coming off knee surgery. It's not just the players, it's the plays and the offensive philosophy and the general decision-making and smarts of our coaches--which is not impressive, at all.

I still have hope but no hope without Harrison. We have to find a gunner who is a natural from 10 to 15 feet. That was obvious tonight. I still think that Holly was out coached. What happen to the three freshmen who were doing so good? I was so disappointed tonight. I think the game could have been won if our defense had not stayed in Knoxville. We need a go to player, like Diamond D., who can take control of a game and send cold blood rushing within the veins of the opposition. The last five years we have lost that Mojo that made Lady Vol basketball. The days when fear was our 6th player. Top five teams have that.

Texas has strong post players. Tennessee has Graves and that's it. Realistically, there's no reason to think that they could beat Texas without Izzy. I think we all got swept up with the blowouts against cupcakes.

Once Izzy is back...if the team still looks like this against any halfway decent team, then we'll know that the team is underachieving. She is the most important player on the team because she has no legit backup and is the only proven player with size on this team. If she comes back and Tennessee gets it together, then no one will remember these 2 games.

But Holly needs to sit Burdick and play the freshmen. And she probably needs to do the same to Ariel if she's not producing.

Can we get the money back from that point guard camp someone attended this off season? They learned squat!

Reactions: 2 people
Texas has strong post players. Tennessee has Graves and that's it. Realistically, there's no reason to think that they could beat Texas without Izzy. I think we all got swept up with the blowouts against cupcakes.

Once Izzy is back...if the team still looks like this against any halfway decent team, then we'll know that the team is underachieving. She is the most important player on the team because she has no legit backup and is the only proven player with size on this team. If she comes back and Tennessee gets it together, then no one will remember these 2 games.

But Holly needs to sit Burdick and play the freshmen. And she probably needs to do the same to Ariel if she's not producing.

Actually, we all did not get swept up in the blow-outs. The exploitation points, particularly the soft defense, were evident in the blow-outs. I agree that this was a game where Izzy's absence was particularly challenging. Nia Moore is not and is not likely to become a full on post player. She can't match up well against bigger and stronger players. Her better role would be more of a taller, long Kyra Elzy. She can guard smaller players and create havoc on the wings and she is very good in transition. I have been a Burdick supporter but I now concede the point. My starting line-up: Izzy,Graves, Moore, Massengale (we need her outside shooting) and Carter with Reynolds getting heavy minutes as the 6th player. I hope Tucker can contribute by the seasons end but I concur that she will need some time given the layoff and injury.

Despite two godawful games in a row, I believe that things can only get better from here! Izzy will be back soon, and then Tucker will add perimeter depth and outside shooting options.

I suppose that Nia Moore's start to the season may have spoiled us as fans. Izzy's absence was supposed to be catastrophic...it just took a few games to run into a team that was good enough to exploit that.

Assuming that the aforementioned 2 players come back, I still think Tennessee has a shot at the SEC title.

And enough about "freeing" players. I have a new mantra: "JAIL BURDICK!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el8FgFDHlbA

Actually, we all did not get swept up in the blow-outs. The exploitation points, particularly the soft defense, were evident in the blow-outs. I agree that this was a game where Izzy's absence was particularly challenging. Nia Moore is not and is not likely to become a full on post player. She can't match up well against bigger and stronger players. Her better role would be more of a taller, long Kyra Elzy. She can guard smaller players and create havoc on the wings and she is very good in transition. I have been a Burdick supporter but I now concede the point. My starting line-up: Izzy,Graves, Moore, Massengale (we need her outside shooting) and Carter with Reynolds getting heavy minutes as the 6th player. I hope Tucker can contribute by the seasons end but I concur that she will need some time given the layoff and injury.

How can you judge Nia? We do finally play a team with legit post players and she gets 5 mins? I agree that cupcakes make you look great. What ever the hell Burdick was doing on defense wasn't working, so why not try someone who we STILL don't know anything about?

Reactions: 2 people
I am not judging Nia. I was making an assessment that as a very light weight 6-2 player she is not ready to match up against stronger and taller centers.

In her 5 minutes, she was getting pushed around and out of the game. Texas missed a bunch of bunnies or else the score would have mushroomed even more than it did.

I assuming the coaching staff, who watch these players everyday, realized that the match-ups were not good ones for Nia.

Though without Izzy, there were not many good match up options.

What is good on film? Is different in the game, and that big gurl pushed everyone around, not a good excuse.

Nia is actually 6'3" and wasn't given a chance the last two games, her leash is short and we still don't know why other than the speed of the game. Are you kidding me?

I bet she would have played better than Cierra at the 5.

ya'll better watch the game replay. I'm telling ya, Burdick wasn't the problem vs Texass. point guards were.

imho, after Tn got off to the bad start, Holly should have put in 5 new players, taken the starters out back out of sight and given them the stare times infinity. letting bad play fester is never a good idea.

in 1st 2.50 minutes, jones had three turnovers, graves one and Nia hadn't touched the ball. Then Burdick replaced her and Tn promptly gave up a inside layup. Game over!

wow, the replay just doesn't lie...... Coach needed to put in some outside shooters(Dunbar & Middleton) and she did nothing.......

But she plays hard, she competes. And when she settle down in the second half, she looked like an improved player, only her second game back, and competed against UTC.

She can be our Nicky...hopefully but she getting hurt a lot.

I would take Jasmine Jones over most the players on the roster, for one she plays the hardest, (Izzy plays the hardest) but her skill level, IQ might not be on the level as some, but at least she's trying to make something happen, trying to compete, but her skill set let's her down, be patient Jones, no need to be in a rush.

ya'll better watch the game replay. I'm telling ya, Burdick wasn't the problem vs Texass. point guards were.

She was 2-7 shooting and had 4 turnovers and 2 assists. Well at least she had 2/3 of our assist total. But, you're right the guards played horrible.

Really the difference in the game was they had 14 assists and we had three. And, their points in the paint.

VN Store

Back