Lady Horns take it to the Lady Vols

teacherdean

Well if we are a top ten team only beating up on Penn and the cupcakes of life will not get it done. Our defense was a bit suspect, free throw shooting was bad and the offense was awful. Neither Holly or the players looked very good. The inside game was not there in the first half so we did nothing to establish the outside game. We basically kept the same line up in though they were not very good. Holly defenders or not, this is not a final four team as is. Is Holly the problem, who knows but she certainly does not look like the cure for what ails the team. This team with all of its five stars seem to be on the downslide. Last year we had Meighan who could pull us out of an offensive funk, who is that go to person now? You need at least one gunner and it does not appear that we have one. I know you Holly supporters will be all excited when we beat St. Francis and Lipcomb by 50 points each and talking smack about how good Holly is and you hope she stays for an eternity. That does not mean Jack S., what does is how you do against the top 10.

Reactions: 2 people
Well if we are a top ten team only beating up on Penn and the cupcakes of life will not get it done. Our defense was a bit suspect, free throw shooting was bad and the offense was awful. Neither Holly or the players looked very good. The inside game was not there in the first half so we did nothing to establish the outside game. We basically kept the same line up in though they were not very good. Holly defenders or not, this is not a final four team as is. Is Holly the problem, who knows but she certainly does not look like the cure for what ails the team. This team with all of its five stars seem to be on the downslide. Last year we had Meighan who could pull us out of an offensive funk, who is that go to person now? You need at least one gunner and it does not appear that we have one. I know you Holly supporters will be all excited when we beat St. Francis and Lipcomb by 50 points each and talking smack about how good Holly is and you hope she stays for an eternity. That does not mean Jack S., what does is how you do against the top 10.

I thought that Meighan's graduation would be a tough pill to overcome. Admittedly, the early performances of Middleton and Ariel's first few games back were cause for optimism, but I agree that someone needs to be the perimeter go to player for Tennessee.

The biggest hurdle right now is getting Izzy back. Without her, and with whatever issue is going on with Moore, then any team with a player over 6'0 can score inside against the LVs. Bless Bashaara, but she is not built to defend the low post.

Once Izzy gets back, we will get to see how good (or how bad) this team is.

Reactions: 1 person
I said before the season started that we would be a top 12-16 team. I see nothing to change my mind. The season could easily go south and be even worse if the players get discouraged or Izzy is not always healthy.

I look for every team with a decent post game to go at Izzy and try to foul her out.

Prolly wont have any quality non conference wins, Stanford is not that good and Oregon State, might surprise us. Rutgers is going to be a challenge Coach Stringer finally has her squad playing her style of ball. ND they have an All American.

Holly has some work to but if it don't include the Freshmen getting minutes are chances of success is ugh, cos the Sec is going to be rough and rugged.

Ill wait to see Jannah and Izzy on the court, but its going to take Izzy a while to trust that knee.

Is the box score correct? Only 3 assists - none from the guards.

I don't remember ever seeing a box score with that few assists.

I still say that Nared is A big time player. She was very good in allstar games. In those games she played shoulder to shoulder with Asia Wilson, however, Holly is heard headed and feels that if you are in the upper class level then you are a good players. Texas steadily played 2 freshmen, the Mocs had one freshman and they all ripped us a new one. When is Holly going to develop a coaching brain. Middleton and Nared should be given a shot. At best Burdick and Massingale are bench players. Defense use to be our trademark, where has it gone? Remember that playing cupcake university we had to score big in the second half to win. That in and of itself should have spelled trouble.

VN Store

Back