Match-up zone

VOL720

I am watching the Men's team give Kansas fits with this 1-1-3 match-up zone. They are rotating and trapping out of this zone. They are also giving great effort. Since the Lady Vols struggle to play half-court man defense, with our length and lack of post depth, I think this 1-1-3 match-up zone is a great option. What are your opinions?

that still wouldn't stop Graves from throwing up shots into the bottom of the goal and missing layups, Burdick throwing the ball away and carter & Reynolds passing up good shots.

play the girls that can score!

that still wouldn't stop Graves from throwing up shots into the bottom of the goal and missing layups, Burdick throwing the ball away and carter & Reynolds passing up good shots.

play the girls that can score!

I get your point, but we need to fix our defense quickly to have a chance to win big games and advance deep into the NCAA Tourney. I also agree play the players that are not scary. Burdick has always past up good shots and most of the time plays scared, has all the physical tools to be a great player, but is weak mentally. I don't understand why. I am not bashing Burdick, but that's the truth.

kansas on pace to score 80.....but giving fits....yeah ok.

I was referring to the 1st half! You do know the Men's and Women's game are different. Women can't constantly throw alley hoop dunks over the top of a zone. BTW Tennessee has cut the lead to 1. I still think this is a great option for the women.

Holly needs to know her personnel a lot better. I think she is giving way to many minutes to players that are not producing any results. I think as long as she is coach we have to get used to 20 win seasons and an occasional SEC title or SEC tournament title. In the past we've been a final four team every season those days seem to be over.

I'm just disappointed. 14 players on the roster and we can't find five that will defend and rebound. I've been trying to hang on since Pat left, but the effort from the players is unacceptable for this Lady Vols fan. I will from now on, give them the effort they give us the fans.

That's a good point. But a bull headed coach would tend to disagree. So its a mute point.

She played for and coached for pat for over 25 years. I think they had a pretty good record over those years. Pat hated any zone, but I think the 1-1-3 might help them as a change of pace defense.

She played for and coached for pat for over 25 years. I think they had a pretty good record over those years. Pat hated any zone, but I think the 1-1-3 might help them as a change of pace defense.

Her record with Pat doesn't matter. She is not head coach material.

No I was correct in my use of mute. I was referring to no matter how much the fan base ***** and moan we are all on MUTE. She doesn't hear us.

No she won't hear us until the attendance is down around four or five thousand a game, but by then it'll be to late

I will read about em, but they are too inconsistent to follow. Mane, we are average, now my excitement for DD is kinda diminished cos Holly will be coaching her.

VN Store

Back