Oklahoma City, OK
Stockton, CA
Dallas, TX (Final Four)

Albany, NY
Kansas City, MO
Lexington, KY
Spokane, WA
Columbus, OH (Final Four)
KY must be doing something right. And CT still in there but not the third year. Why? They always play one in CT.

Oops. Also meant to say thanks for the info!

Bridgeport, CT
Dallas, TX
Lexington, KY
Sioux Falls, ID
Indianapolis, IN (Final Four)

Bridgeport, CT
Lexington, KY
Oklahoma City, OK
Stockton, CA
Dallas, TX (Final Four)

Albany, NY
Kansas City, MO
Lexington, KY
Spokane, WA
Columbus, OH (Final Four)

Sioux Falls, Idaho does not exist (I don't think), so that's probably where the Committee will send the Lady Vols!

Last edited:
Dude, that was totally supposed to be SD, not ID. My bad...

I figured that. I was being silly, taking advantage of the opportunity to reflect how "gracious" the NCAA Selection Committee is to the Lady Vol program on an annual basis.
:mf_surrender:

I figured that. I was being silly, taking advantage of the opportunity to reflect how "gracious" the NCAA Selection Committee is to the Lady Vol program on an annual basis.

You mean like Pat's last year when they sent us to Des Moines to play Baylor (Griner)?

And they didn't let us foul her like Louisville did :-(

Reactions: 1 person

No, it was my bad. Thanks for pointing it out. I can't believe I put ID and not SD.

Is no city in the East allowed to host that regional unless it is within 150 miles of Storrs, CT?

Are we not bidding for regionals anymore? Its been since 2003 since we hosted one.

Are we not bidding for regionals anymore? Its been since 2003 since we hosted one.

If we bid for, and were awarded a regional, we couldn't be placed in that regional because the NCAA has a rule that says if a team plays more than three games on a court that is selected for that Regional, they cannot be placed in that Regional.

Lexington will be in Rupp, and UK plays their games in Memorial Gym. Same city, different arenas...rule doesn't apply.

Nashville/Memphis/Birmingham should bid. Chattanooga doesn't have an arena that is up to the NCAA code for hosting. That's why the SEC Tournament hasn't been there since the early 2000s.

I think the committee probably had UT and Louisville also in mind when it comes to that Lexington regional.

Its sort of a double edge sword if you are UK. Yes you could conceivably play at home until the Final Four. However, you can play no more than 3 games a year at Rupp which means you are occupying Memorial for most of your games which in my view continues to be a hindrance to them landing top top top talent. Do you want to go play at Louisville, Tennessee, UConn in front of 10K every game or to Memorial in front of 3,000 fans? Not to mention Memorial is a dump.

..... Do you want to go play at Louisville, Tennessee, UConn in front of 10K every game or to Memorial in front of 3,000 fans? Not to mention Memorial is a dump.

Been there and it is. Could not believe KY had their women playing in that dump.
This is what hart has in mind for the LADY Vols' future. Sure he is disappointed Alumni had the Gym taken out of it and Stokely demolished. He will have to find another cracker box to send the Ladys to in a few years. IMO

VN Store

Back