Let's move on.....

VOL720

please! Ok Brown and Momprimier chose Baylor. Yes it does sting because I would of loved to have them both, but there is no need to attack the coaching staff for not reeling in these young ladies or the recruits for choosing Baylor. I trust this coaching staff and believe they will get the job done on the recruiting trail. There are several top post players in the 2016 class and I believe we will get our share of talent. After the top 10 players, you can not get caught up in rankings and stars. Harrison was ranked close to 30 and she is now one of the best players in the country. We might not get Cox, Holmes or McCoy, but their are other top post players in the 2016 class. The key is having a skill set and being develop when arriving to college. Again I say don't get caught up with these rankings coming from recruiting services! I think we will still be ok. I am sure the staff is working hard to reel in some top post players from the 2016 class. We have players that are capable of guarding/player the 4 spot. To be honest, with Jones athleticism, I would try her at the 4. With Dunbar's height and strength, I would try her at the 4 also. We will still be in the Final Four conversation next season with the addition of 3 elite guards and a healthy Russell. Take a deep breath.... We will be ok.

Reactions: 1 person
The best way to move on is to create a thread crying to move on

How is it crying? What's the point of keep attacking the staff and questioning why Brown and Mompremier would choose Baylor. They have sign with Baylor so be it. Its not the end of the world. I was just stating points why we shouldn't panic. I have no need to cry.

Reactions: 2 people
After the top 10 players, you can not get caught up in rankings and stars.

This. I'm not convinced women's recruiting rankings are all that accurate, anyway. I trust coaches to decided which players they need to go after, regardless of some (rather arbitrary, if you ask me) ranking number. Those who really don't know how the system works put a lot of (misplaced) faith in rankings because they are tangible. Those rankings aren't necessarily reflective of how successful a player will be at the college level.

We will be ok.

And this.

Sometimes a good cry helps :p. we have Russell three more years and graves another year. I'm sure things will work itself out, especially after we win it all next year ;)

please! Ok Brown and Momprimier chose Baylor. Yes it does sting because I would of loved to have them both, but there is no need to attack the coaching staff for not reeling in these young ladies or the recruits for choosing Baylor. I trust this coaching staff and believe they will get the job done on the recruiting trail. There are several top post players in the 2016 class and I believe we will get our share of talent. After the top 10 players, you can not get caught up in rankings and stars. Harrison was ranked close to 30 and she is now one of the best players in the country. We might not get Cox, Holmes or McCoy, but their are other top post players in the 2016 class. The key is having a skill set and being develop when arriving to college. Again I say don't get caught up with these rankings coming from recruiting services!

The problem isn't rankings from recruiting services, the problem is Holly failed to get ANYONE at their biggest need. Even a lower rated projected role player/project would have been better than nothing. The fact that Holly couldn't convince ANY post player from this class to commit is an indictment on her recruiting....

The problem isn't rankings from recruiting services, the problem is Holly failed to get ANYONE at their biggest need. Even a lower rated projected role player/project would have been better than nothing. The fact that Holly couldn't convince ANY post player from this class to commit is an indictment on her recruiting....

Balderdash.

So you are saying any old post player is better than none?
That's ridiculous on its face. You saddle yourself with an un-useable player that uses up a scholarship for 4 years. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Anyone want unassailable evidence that black holes exist? Scan Darth_Vol's brain.

Last edited:
Balderdash.

So you are saying any old post player is better than none?
That's ridiculous on its face. You saddle yourself with an un-useable player that uses up a scholarship for 4 years. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Nope, I'm saying what was Nia Moore's ranking coming out of high school?

Just because Tennessee couldn't land a recruit from 2015 doesn't mean that the door has closed for them.

Having a freshman start isn't that big a deal, especially given that they'll be joining a team with a senior backcourt and the top 2 ranked juniors for this class.

If Tennessee can land a pair of decent bigs from the Class of 2016, then no one in Knoxville will be talking about Brown or Mompremier.

If Tennessee can land a pair of decent bigs from the Class of 2016, then no one in Knoxville will be talking about Brown or Mompremier.

Sounds similar to last year when Wilson and White told Holly thanks but no thanks and took their talents to South Carolina. Fans said not to worry, Holly will make up for it in the next class. As it turns out, a year later Holly's top two post targets would once again spurn her to go to the same school. Holly has really put herself behind the 8 ball going two full classes with no bigs...

Sounds similar to last year when Wilson and White told Holly thanks but no thanks and took their talents to South Carolina. Fans said not to worry, Holly will make up for it in the next class. As it turns out, a year later Holly's top two post targets would once again spurn her to go to the same school. Holly has really put herself behind the 8 ball going two full classes with no bigs...

I don't know what your obsession is with Holly Warlick, such that you feel an overwhelming compulsion to troll a message board in order to try to trash her and her staff. Constantly. However, I'm sure a competent psychiatrist could figure out what's wrong with you.

Btw Wilson was never coming to TN, no matter how hard Holly tried. Not to mention Wilson and White are best friends. Much like Nared and Reynolds are.

Sure hope this don't turn out to be a Dooley fiasco with no offensive lineman in a class for the football team. That didn't work out so well. We shall see.

I don't know what your obsession is with Holly Warlick, such that you feel an overwhelming compulsion to troll a message board in order to try to trash her and her staff. Constantly. However, I'm sure a competent psychiatrist could figure out what's wrong with you.

So why the ad hominem attacks on this poster? Holly Warlick as Lady Vols coach is a public figure and fair game for criticism. Darth is not. You attack a private person for his opinion. If (as you claim) Darth is a one trick pony with only a negative bent, he will be seen for what he is. Your infatuation and admonishment of Darth only lowers you to the level you perceive in him. All of us know you don't agree with Darth. As weary as I am of the Holly bashing posts, I am more tired of your responses to his posts. Many of us like Holly, but that doesn't mean she is above criticism. Her inability to sign a post in the 2015 class may or may not have a negative impact on future Lady Vol outcomes. Time will tell. I share the concern of those who believe our Ladies could be outgunned at 4 and 5 in the future because of this year's lack of signees at those positions.

So why the ad hominem attacks on this poster? Holly Warlick as Lady Vols coach is a public figure and fair game for criticism. Darth is not. You attack a private person for his opinion. If (as you claim) Darth is a one trick pony with only a negative bent, he will be seen for what he is. Your infatuation and admonishment of Darth only lowers you to the level you perceive in him. All of us know you don't agree with Darth. As weary as I am of the Holly bashing posts, I am more tired of your responses to his posts. Many of us like Holly, but that doesn't mean she is above criticism. Her inability to sign a post in the 2015 class may or may not have a negative impact on future Lady Vol outcomes. Time will tell. I share the concern of those who believe our Ladies could be outgunned at 4 and 5 in the future because of this year's lack of signees at those positions.

You beat me to it. Very well said.
You get a like.:rock:

*shrug* I really don't care what you are tired of. I will continue to post as I please. Take a hike or hit the ignore button if you don't like it.

Reactions: 5 people
I have moved on we really needed a post player more for insurance and depth more than anything else. If Russell is ok I like her Moore and Graves next season. It will only be Russell the next year so 2016 is a priority for post players we need three.

*shrug* I really don't care what you are tired of. I will continue to post as I please. Take a hike or hit the ignore button if you don't like it.

Likewise; I will continue to post as I please. You are also invited to take a hike or hit the ignore button if you don't like it (as I previously suggested you do for Darth). You sure like to criticise others but cannot stand criticism yourself. *shrug*

Onward and upward I say! We will be just fine. I've just been highly entertained on the Baylor forum with all their bashing of the LVs and their proclamations of being a "powerhouse" and "the best place to play post." And they (some) still think that they'll get Holmes and Cox...where they'll put them? Who knows! If I were a member, I'd tell em that you have to win more than one championship when you have one of the best posts to ever play the game! Go LVs! I'm ready to prove some people wrong!

Last edited:
I am not a throw Holly to the curb supporter, but I am concerned when top big girls are choosing other top schools over the Lady Vols. It seemed that in years past we would have landed at least one or two of these recruits. Some of us need to admit that Holly looks awful when she is interviewed, she moves her head like Stevie Wonder and appears to be uncomfortable. Recruits notice such things especially if she does that when she recruits.

If you check the 2016 class a lot of top women programs have verbal commitments while Tennessee has none. No matter what we want to believe we are being out recruited, whatever the issue is. We have two recruiting scholarships, why are they not filled or potentially filled. Quit projecting :blink:for 2016 and worry about the here and now. It was good to see UCONN lose to Stanford. :clapping:

Last edited:
Quick question for the audience. In the top ten of this recruiting class... how many are vols?
http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w...s-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2013

In my southern most polite way, would you like another piece of pie?
MOVE ON

Don't know if any of these are posts, which is now our area of greatest need, and don't quite know the purpose of the link, but per the ESPN rankings:

1. Katie Samuelson 98 Connecticut

2 Asia Durr 98 Louisville

3 Jessica Shepard 98 Nebraska

4 Cecilia Zandalasini 98 None

5 Angela Salvadores 98 Duke

6 Lashann Higgs 98 Texas

7 Napheesa Collier 98 Connecticut

8 Jordan Hosey 98 Texas

9 Kyra Lambert 98 Duke

10 Arike Ogunbowale 98 Notre Dame

Went back and checked; none of these are posts.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back