Uconn in OT

UConn's defense looks less than impressive. They are seriously missing Hartley...Chong does not play defense the way UConn typically does. Stokes is also a significant downgrade from Dolson.

I think UConn is vulnerable right now, but it's early in the season and Chong/Nurse will probably get better. Still...I think that pencilling in UConn for #10 is premature. Other teams can step up and take it this year...so why not Tennessee????

Reactions: 1 person
Now will other teams step up and play UConn tough! Teams are so scared of UConn because of media hype that they loose the game before tip off. If you play scared, UConn will eat you alive. Notre Dame and Stanford are the only teams that challenge UConn. Duke, Tennessee and South Carolina has the talent, but do they have the toughness to do so? Congrats to Stanford, you have showed the rest of the WCBB world that UConn can be beat!

Reactions: 3 people
And Kentucky beat Baylor. Jen O'Neill went wild in the second half. I thought Baylor maight be a real force this year, but this is a bad start for them. Of course they have Brown next year and she might be a real difference maker. Are we recruiting any big girl other than Mompremiere this year? What about McCown? If we could get a big for next year, the future would be even brighter.

It was an exciting game. Stanford kept fighting and never gave up, that three by Orrange to send it into overtime was clutch.

Guard play is defining this season. SEC looks tough. See Uconn is beatable, no real leaders on that team. I can see them strugglin' in big games, losing Hartley and Dolson hurts. The race for the Championship is wide open, and that lost opened everyone eyes, and gave them a recipe for success, hound their guards, attack the rim and limit Lewis.

This will shake up Charlie Creme's Absurd-otology, placing Stanford as a 4 seed right off the bat!

Connecticut just played 7 players. I'm surprised Ekmark, Williams, and Edwards aren't considered good enough to see the floor in a contest in November. How deflating, recruits!

Reactions: 2 people
You are right about the mental toughness question. We haven't had it--been bad and weak-minded in big games. Will this year be different? Don't know--it mostly comes from the coach.

This will shake up Charlie Creme's Absurd-otology, placing Stanford as a 4 seed right off the bat!

Connecticut just played 7 players. I'm surprised Ekmark, Williams, and Edwards aren't considered good enough to see the floor in a contest in November. How deflating, recruits!

Sat with a bunch of Uconn fans at the Final Four and they said geno only plays 7 players, that's all they need. Took great pride in that fact. I thought it was a little odd, but then it is hard to argue with success.

Stanford is UConns nemesis. Just when Uconns about to break a streak here comes Stanford and crashes their party. It's like the third time in a row they've done it and I'm happy every time.

Sat with a bunch of Uconn fans at the Final Four and they said geno only plays 7 players, that's all they need. Took great pride in that fact. I thought it was a little odd, but then it is hard to argue with success.

Looks like he is going to need 8 this year.

Anyone catch this game? I was wondering how much of it was UCONN taking a step back versus Stanford stepping up versus the home cooking officiating. Three years ago our game against Stanford had one of the worst home cooking officiating I had ever seen.

I do think replacing Faris and Dolson will be challenging. They were really hard nosed and not easily replaceable. Stewart and Mosqueda-Lewis are better players but not as tenacious or tough imo.

And Kentucky beat Baylor. Jen O'Neill went wild in the second half. I thought Baylor maight be a real force this year, but this is a bad start for them. Of course they have Brown next year and she might be a real difference maker. Are we recruiting any big girl other than Mompremiere this year? What about McCown? If we could get a big for next year, the future would be even brighter.

I am so glad Griner is gone pro now. Got so tired of seeing her at 6'8 just basically keep Baylor in every single game.

Tara Vanderveer is a very good offensive coach. If Warlick had half her acumen, we would win a national title every year DeShields plays.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone catch this game? I was wondering how much of it was UCONN taking a step back versus Stanford stepping up versus the home cooking officiating. Three years ago our game against Stanford had one of the worst home cooking officiating I had ever seen.

I do think replacing Faris and Dolson will be challenging. They were really hard nosed and not easily replaceable. Stewart and Mosqueda-Lewis are better players but not as tenacious or tough imo.
Faris has been gone for a few years... Hartley and Dolson just graduated. Unless you're talking about hard-nose defender but Bria wasnt a slouch on the defensive end either

VN Store

Back