Your experiences with past, current lady vol players or coaches

boxerpupsrcool

I've met and talked to quite a few. My favorites were tamika catchings and shanna zolman. They were super nice and friendly. I've also met a couple that weren't so nice, but I won't say names haha. Mickie demoss was really cool too..

I think it was the Winter of 76, May have been 77 but anyhow I signed up for a Badminton class. After I got to class the first day in walks this tall Girl and said " hello my name is Pat Head, I'll be your instructor." I got to know Pat pretty well after she found out that one of her roommates at UT Martin had been a Student Teacher of mine and was from my Home Town. There were also several jocks In that class, one by the name of Roland James. That was a cool class.

Monica Abbott used to come by the apartment and play beer pong with us. Great person, such a level head and down to earth. Talked to her a couple of years ago and seemed like nothing had ever changed. Pretty cool that all the fame never got to her. Never really got to know any of the basketball girls, but all the girls on the softball team were always nice and a blast to hangout with.

Reactions: 1 person
Met Kamiko Williams family as they were moving from Clarksville heading up north. Nice folks. Her little brother is a ball player too. Really good for his age. Her dad is in the Army by the way.

I spilt my draft beer all over Hacksaw Reynolds's back when somebody started a tussle and knocked into me @The Roadside Café in Kingston Tn. That was a few decades back.. lol

I spilt my draft beer all over Hacksaw Reynolds's back when somebody started a tussle and knocked into me @The Roadside Café in Kingston Tn. That was a few decades back.. lol

Haha that must have been a few decades back because I had to google the name. it's a cool story on how he got his name though..relates to that embarrassing loss Tennessee had against ole miss in 1969 I think

Pat, Mickey, Holly, Daedra, Bridgette (lose you there, boxer :)?), Dean, Jolette, Nikki a little-both as player and coach, Lisa and bunches of the girls, ....Never met one that was not friendly and sweet (off the court at least!). One reason I always liked the name LADY Vols; the Ladys always have acted like ladies. Known some of the softball: Stephanie and E, some soccer: Tori and Laura. Met a few of the men's basketball and football players. gule spilled his drink on Hacksaw?, it is a wonder he is alive to tell the story!

I've met and talked to most of the current players. Draya is the nicest person I've ever met. Saw and met Candace Parker at her game in Chicago this summer. Also have met Tamika Catchings, Alexis Hornbuckle, Alberta Auguste, and Kamiko Williams. Candace Parker, Hornbuckle, Chamique Holdsclaw, Brittany Jackson, Isabelle, Draya, Mercedes, and Cierra follow me on Twitter.

Was tailgating by TBA at the Utah St. Game. A. Carter walked by. As she got close we made eye contact. I thought man I know that girl. We both smiled I pointed at her and said Go Vols! She replied the same. I didn't realize it was her until she was right in front of me. She was really cool!

Tamika used to come in to Dick Sporting Goods (couple years ago) in Indy all the time. Never turned anybody away. Class Act. Nikki McCray is pretty nice as well. I met Holdsclaw after her game at Kentucky (98?), so humble. Talked with Alicia Manning randomly in Knoxville one time, I was trying to find a great place to eat and she was really helpful.

Tamika used to come in to Dick Sporting Goods (couple years ago) in Indy all the time. Never turned anybody away. Class Act. Nikki McCray is pretty nice as well. I met Holdsclaw after her game at Kentucky (98?), so humble. Talked with Alicia Manning randomly in Knoxville one time, I was trying to find a great place to eat and she was really helpful.

Right! I had forgotten about Alicia, very nice and funny. She fouled out one game and assured me she hadn't committed a one of them!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back