Double-Double Debut for Middleton

VN News

Kortney Dunbar, Alexa Middleton and Jamie Nared all scored in double-figures in their first game at UT. In a big night for the three, it was Middleton that stole the show.

More...

Reactions: 2 people
I know it's one game, but wow, Middleton looks like a gamer. Her stroke is so efficient and effortless. She moves well without the ball and passes really well, too. 20 points. 8/11 from the field perfect 2/2 from both 3 point line and free throws. 11 assists! 0 turnovers! 3 steals! 6 rebounds. 0 fouls.

I would have giver her player of the game tbh.

Reactions: 1 person
Reminiscent of Kara Lawson for Middleton?

I think Kelly, maybe Michelle. Love the way she hustles; she can make a great offensive play and is right back on defense. Good court awarness and some of her passes! Just wow. Who was it who said she was slow, would only make shots in competitions not games, and that she would not be any help to the team? That must be a huge platter of crow they are choking down right now.

Reactions: 4 people
I know it's one game, but wow, Middleton looks like a gamer. Her stroke is so efficient and effortless. She moves well without the ball and passes really well, too. 20 points. 8/11 from the field perfect 2/2 from both 3 point line and free throws. 11 assists! 0 turnovers! 3 steals! 6 rebounds. 0 fouls.

I would have giver her player of the game tbh.

watched her in HS, my girl cheers, she was really fun to watch! and she is a baller!

I think Kelly, maybe Michelle. Love the way she hustles; she can make a great offensive play and is right back on defense. Good court awarness and some of her passes! Just wow. Who was it who said she was slow, would only make shots in competitions not games, and that she would not be any help to the team? That must be a huge platter of crow they are choking down right now.

Probably armchair.

Reactions: 2 people
Reminiscent of Kara Lawson for Middleton?

From what I saw last night, we are looking at a future All American. It will be interesting to see what happens next year when all of our outstanding guards will be competing for playing time. Who will be the "odd ladies" out? We may be playing four person team for a good part of next season.

Middleton plays against Diamond every day in practice. Diamond is helping her improve her game. That will make you better in a hurry.

Before we make Middleton an ALL-AMERICAN, let's see how she plays against some real basketball teams. Last night, though, she played great.

I got a chance to watch her play in high school several times over the last two years. I think a lot of people underestimate just how good she is until they actually see her play. Once you see her play, it becomes quite obvious she's got all the talent in the world. She's a very smart player.

Middleton plays against Diamond every day in practice. Diamond is helping her improve her game. That will make you better in a hurry.

My understanding is DD is not practicing until January. That being the case, can you imagine how much AM can improve? Because you are right, there is no way she won't get even better by practicing against DD!

I'm really excited by Middleton's potential. High basketball IQ, confidence, and the ability to score in multiple ways. I didn't see last night's game, but her stats seem to show that she's a solid defensive player.

I hope that she's still starting when Ariel and Andraya finish their suspension. She looks to be a solid, solid replacement for Simmons, with the potential to be an even better contributor at that position.

I'm really excited by Middleton's potential. High basketball IQ, confidence, and the ability to score in multiple ways. I didn't see last night's game, but her stats seem to show that she's a solid defensive player.

I hope that she's still starting when Ariel and Andraya finish their suspension. She looks to be a solid, solid replacement for Simmons, with the potential to be an even better contributor at that position.

She's all that but also has "focus"; she will make a great offensive play and is right back on defense. Not celebrating and then getting beat on the other end. Seems to see passes not there and to confuse defender. There were times she drove in and I could see the open perimeter player, defense would step to defend that pass, and boom! the ball would go into the post. And they weren't easy passes either. Time will tell; it's easier to look against Penn than it will be in the SEC, but she seems to have all kinds of potential. I just liked her whole attitude. I don't mean swagger or cocky, but focused, hard working, team player, all the intangibles. Oh gosh, I am so excited. Jamie and Kortney looked good too, don't mean say AM is only one of the freshmen who looked great.

My understanding is DD is not practicing until January. That being the case, can you imagine how much AM can improve? Because you are right, there is no way she won't get even better by practicing against DD!

Whether Diamond can practice or not they certainly play against each other in pick-up games or when they practice on their own time.

Has Middleton gotten taller since we recruited her? She looked like she might have compared to the times I have seen her before. Girls usually still aren't growing at her age so it is probably just due to my having last seen her play at the all-star game where the competition might have been taller by comparison.

Whether Diamond can practice or not they certainly play against each other in pick-up games or when they practice on their own time.

Has Middleton gotten taller since we recruited her? She looked like she might have compared to the times I have seen her before. Girls usually still aren't growing at her age so it is probably just due to my having last seen her play at the all-star game where the competition might have been taller by comparison.

Don't think she is approved for pick up games, if she could do that then I think she would be in a "controlled" practice. Probably can practice shots, and maybe non contact drills.

As to AM, I never saw her prior to T-B games, but she certainly looks bigger than the brochure states. But it may just be her play makes her look bigger:yes:

I think DeShields is practicing now. She was just letting her leg heal. She can't be on scholarship or play and must pay her own way. Her parents can afford it.

P.S.-She also must accumulate a minimum number of credits this year to be eligible for next year. Think she is a good student.

Actually she can be on scholarship, she just cannot play. It would only be if she hadan't been granted a release by Carolina that she would have had to pay her own way in addition to sitting out the year.

Jim

VN Store

Back