Harrison's condition

It is always something with this program. Never seen anything like it. Why is Warlick playing her best player against penn's scrubs with 4 minutes left? Last year our starting PG gets hit in the face and was supposed to be day-to-day; she missed the rest of the year. Russell suddenly has foot issues that require surgery--out. Jones bruises her head. We can't even get through the first game.

It is always something with this program. Never seen anything like it. Why is Warlick playing her best player against penn's scrubs with 4 minutes left? Last year our starting PG gets hit in the face and was supposed to be day-to-day; she missed the rest of the year. Russell suddenly has foot issues that require surgery--out. Jones bruises her head. We can't even get through the first game.

We had six players, and five were on the floor...would you rather it happened to Bash, because she was on the bench at the time. Things happen! Don't put this on Holly!

Reactions: 10 people
The major problem was depth at the post positions. We should have a couple more post players on this team. We don't so if she is injured and out we'll have to play some small ball this season. I doubt that works well against SC.

Reactions: 1 person
I am putting it on Warlick. She overreacted to missed classes--if the players are all in great academic standing, as she says--then do you REALLY need to suspend them?--we had no players, and so our best player is on the floor playing over-eager Penn scrub. One of them, who had 8 minutes of playing time, is throwing her body around and injures Harrison. Jones doesn't last 8 minutes in game 1 before bruising her head. There is bad mojo with this coach in more ways than one. I forgot to mention Tucker--we lose her for a year because she decides to live with some dude while in high school and then gets involved in a domestic abuse case, so she can't play. In a week we'll hear that Carter has stepped in a hole while walking to class and twisted her knee.

I am putting it on Warlick. She overreacted to missed classes--if the players are all in great academic standing, as she says--then do you REALLY need to suspend them?--we had no players, and so our best player is on the floor playing over-eager Penn scrub. One of them, who had 8 minutes of playing time, is throwing her body around and injures Harrison. Jones doesn't last 8 minutes in game 1 before bruising her head. There is bad mojo with this coach in more ways than one. I forgot to mention Tucker--we lose her for a year because she decides to live with some dude while in high school and then gets involved in a domestic abuse case, so she can't play. In a week we'll hear that Carter has stepped in a hole while walking to class and twisted her knee.

Lets not yell at our coaches for proper discipline.

Reactions: 10 people

Your an idiot and should stop watching Lady Vols basketball. If you don't have nothing positive to say then don't say anything at all.

Reactions: 14 people
Armchair, you do nothing but criticize the coaches, players, and every single aspect of this team. Just stop it. Root for someone else if you hate them so much.

Reactions: 11 people

Overreacted? That was her policy. The players knew it. And, Holly is responsible for the dude beating on Tucker? This is about the dumbest post you've ever submitted and there have been a lot of dumb ones. This one takes the cake.

Reactions: 13 people
What was his name the coach from the movie Hoosiers? He'd suspend the whole damn team if they broke the rules and send the water boy out on the floor.

Reactions: 3 people
Lets just hope its a sprain and not a acl..honestly, just the way her knee stayed straight while her leg went the other way doesn't give me a good feeling about it.

Reactions: 2 people
Lets just hope its a sprain and not a acl..honestly, just the way her knee stayed straight while her leg went the other way doesn't give me a good feeling about it.

Nothing about it gave me a good feeling. The way her body was on the floor, Dean out there and the look on his face, the way they took her off the court. The refs were letting Penn play too rough when they got so far behind; 43 did not mean to roll on her like she did, but if the grey headed ref had whistled sooner, or any of them, then play would have stopped before bodies were rolling into people's legs. Just MO. So often see the team get a big lead and it's just like the refs won't blow the whistle because they feel sorry for the other team, or maybe they just want to get their paychecks and head home as quickly as possible. That may be unfair, but right now I am really upset and bitter.

Nothing about it gave me a good feeling. The way her body was on the floor, Dean out there and the look on his face, the way they took her off the court. The refs were letting Penn play too rough when they got so far behind; 43 did not mean to roll on her like she did, but if the grey headed ref had whistled sooner, or any of them, then play would have stopped before bodies were rolling into people's legs. Just MO. So often see the team get a big lead and it's just like the refs won't blow the whistle because they feel sorry for the other team, or maybe they just want to get their paychecks and head home as quickly as possible. That may be unfair, but right now I am really upset and bitter.

You know I feel the same way..that penn player was way to careless to just flop on izzy's leg like that..I'm not saying the penn player intentionally tried to hurt izzy, but it was very reckless play on the penn players part. and I don't blame holly for having izzy in there. izzy needed the playing time and was prolly a little rusty from sitting out the entire CN game. Trust me, I'm sick and angry about it too..izzy was set to have a fantastic year..we can just hope it didn't bend enough to tear or break anything. I imagine though even if it's not an acl tear and just a sprain, shell still be out several weeks

Reactions: 1 person
You know I feel the same way..that penn player was way to careless to just flop on izzy's leg like that..I'm not saying the penn player intentionally tried to hurt izzy, but it was very reckless play on the penn players part. and I don't blame holly for having izzy in there. izzy needed the playing time and was prolly a little rusty from sitting out the entire CN game. Trust me, I'm sick and angry about it too..izzy was set to have a fantastic year..we can just hope it didn't bend enough to tear or break anything. I imagine though even if it's not an acl tear and just a sprain, shell still be out several weeks

I agree with everything you've stated. I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best. Hopefully it is a sprain but if it's an ACL then i guess we can look forward to a redshirt and another year. That's the only positive thing I can come up with.

I agree with everything you've stated. I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best. Hopefully it is a sprain but if it's an ACL then i guess we can look forward to a redshirt and another year. That's the only positive thing I can come up with.

Well you are better at positives than I. I never thought about a red shirt and playing next year.

Question for anyone on the board: do you think that would be a viable option for her? Or would she just graduate and move on?

Who in their right mind would blame Holly for suspending players for skipping class? School is more than sports its being a leader and accepting responsibility. Holly did not suspend the players, they suspended themselves. The only thing I worry about when it comes to Holly is her recruitment. At one time girls dreamed of playing basketball for the Lady Vols and we just seem to be losing our edge. I just read where Kalani Brown signed with Baylor, as expected. The other you lady, I understand she took the Lady Volts off her list. We still have two spots to fill for next year, I worry what Holly's plans are. I noticed that Gen s
lithered into Tennessee and got a verbal from some guard ranked in the top 10 in the Class of 2016. I also noticed that we do not have one verbal for the class of 2016, at least not one in the top 100.

I didn't get to watch the game but heard that it looked bad from those that did get to see the game. i pray it's not as serious as it looked and that it's not a season ending injury.

Lady Vols have their rules...The players broke the rules. They knew the consequences for their actions...No one likes what happened to Izzy, but to blame Holly and a voodoo type curse is strange.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back