Thoughts on Recruiting at other Schools of Note

stllvf

StlLVF Saw first game in 1976
I just wondered what were the surprises in this year's recruitment.

Obviously Louisville and the Yum Yum facility is not at all surprising. UNC getting three top players with the issue of "coach's health" surprised me.

Reviewing the first three that La Tech signed they were consistent with conference players.

I just wondered what were the surprises in this year's recruitment.

Obviously Louisville and the Yum Yum facility is not at all surprising. UNC getting three top players with the issue of "coach's health" surprised me.

Reviewing the first three that La Tech signed they were consistent with conference players.

Three top players and the issues of "academics" surprises me.

Reactions: 1 person
SmallVol - really agree with that, though the verbals came before the thing blew up as big as it has and starting involving the WCBB team. I think UNC recruiting is likely to be really challenging going forward - trust for parents is going to be hard to establish even if the NCAA drags its feet. Knowing or suspecting that post season bans will be imposed makes it even tougher.

SmallVol - really agree with that, though the verbals came before the thing blew up as big as it has and starting involving the WCBB team. I think UNC recruiting is likely to be really challenging going forward - trust for parents is going to be hard to establish even if the NCAA drags its feet. Knowing or suspecting that post season bans will be imposed makes it even tougher.

Absoulutely no factual basis for this, but I have wondered if DD or her family somehow got wind of it and that is the reason she left after such a successful season. Also why CSH claimed ignorance as to her reason...either they didn't tell her that was why the transfer or she could not come out and say "issues with NCAA violations".

Some other boards are trying to make a deal about her being a ball hog and not a team player, (but I read the UNC posts and tweets when she was leaving and they all seemed to love her and wanted her to stay, most of them were classy and wishing her well) so I'm not buying that.

Please don't anyone think I have any inside knowledge re this; I'm just speculating since to leave an established program after such a successful season is rare.

And yes, Holly says practicing against her will make the whole team better.

Absoulutely no factual basis for this, but I have wondered if DD or her family somehow got wind of it and that is the reason she left after such a successful season. Also why CSH claimed ignorance as to her reason...either they didn't tell her that was why the transfer or she could not come out and say "issues with NCAA violations".

Some other boards are trying to make a deal about her being a ball hog and not a team player, (but I read the UNC posts and tweets when she was leaving and they all seemed to love her and wanted her to stay, most of them were classy and wishing her well) so I'm not buying that.

Please don't anyone think I have any inside knowledge re this; I'm just speculating since to leave an established program after such a successful season is rare.

And yes, Holly says practicing against her will make the whole team better.

I think DeShields simply realized she made a mistake. I also think playing TN was extremely hard for her, and only reinforced the mistake in her mind.

The scandal at UNC really blow up until late May after DD's decision to transfer, and the WCBB involvement wasn't really identified until much more recently and is still developing as Boxhill's involvement is becoming more clear. (Ethics in Sports, my a_!)

I will take DD no matter the reason. Simply she is going to ball out at UT. She will automatically make The Lady Vols a threat. Yes she takes over a game and makes everyone good. Next year, pound for pound, Holly will have the best female player in America. If Miss 6'6" comes back and play up to her high school clippings, the ladies will not be an easy out.

Reactions: 1 person
I checked a list of the 15 remaining 2015 undeclared post. Two 5 stars, Mompermier and a 6'7" post with last name of McGowan. She was headed to Baylor but may have changed her mind when Kalani Brown signed with Baylor. If I were Holly I would be on the telephone. I know the Lady Vols were not included in her school of consideration but you never give up on a 5 star who had her mind on a certain school.

I will take DD no matter the reason. Simply she is going to ball out at UT. She will automatically make The Lady Vols a threat. Yes she takes over a game and makes everyone good. Next year, pound for pound, Holly will have the best female player in America. If Miss 6'6" comes back and play up to her high school clippings, the ladies will not be an easy out.

I was very reticent about DD at first. But everything I've seen from her indicates she is all team first. Can't imagine having Middleton and Cooper at the 1 with and DD and Tucker at the 2. Very tough for opponents to deal with.

I checked a list of the 15 remaining 2015 undeclared post. Two 5 stars, Mompermier and a 6'7" post with last name of McGowan. She was headed to Baylor but may have changed her mind when Kalani Brown signed with Baylor. If I were Holly I would be on the telephone. I know the Lady Vols were not included in her school of consideration but you never give up on a 5 star who had her mind on a certain school.
:gun:Between Brown and Mompermier, Mompermier may be the best projecting to the future. She has only played basketball for a couple or years or so. With more experience and good coaching, she may surpass Brown and any other post in the 2015 class. She is probably stronger physically than Brown or the others.

VN Store

Back