Question for the board..

Why not? Would help with the brand, and we do want to be a top 25 institution.

And if that makes sense, you must love jimmy cheek.

Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
#keeptheLadyVols

Lady_vols_logo.png

Reactions: 9 people
Yeah that whole merging thing makes no sense at all.. Trying to fix what's not broken.

Reactions: 1 person
Right there with ya Sly. Hope you are doing well. Aren't you getting some bad weather?

I'm good, as always. Getting a cold front moving through right now. You know I'm back in Tennessee, right? Left Utah last year. It was spitting snow here around 4pm. Just cold now.

I'm good, as always. Getting a cold front moving through right now. You know I'm back in Tennessee, right? Left Utah last year. It was spitting snow here around 4pm. Just cold now.

I did know that... I just forgot. :)

I had no idea you were all such big supporters of women's sports other than basketball at Tennessee

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

The best shot Tennessee has at winning a national championship anytime soon is the "Lady Vols Softball Team"!

I follow all the teams at UT, including women's, and certainly never refer to the softball team as the Lady Vols. They are the Tennessee softball team.

RE the OP, there isn't a "men's forum." The men's teams are broken up by sports whereas here ALL the women's sports are lumped onto one board.

Certainly, one motivation for consolidating the athletic department, and probably the biggest, was to save money. The AD has been in the red, yes? It is not cost effective to have separate departments for men's and women's sports.

I follow all the teams at UT, including women's, and certainly never refer to the softball team as the Lady Vols. They are the Tennessee softball team.
Anti - first amendment are we ? You certainly have the right to refer to the Lady Vols Softball Team as "the Tennessee softball team" just as I have the right to refer to the "Lady Vols Softball Team" as the "Lady Vols Softball Team". Ask one of the Lady Vols on the Lady Vols softball team why, when wearing hair ribbons in their hair this past spring, they wore orange AND blue ribbons. And read the top of the page - [ About this Page -- Below you will find a list of discussions in the Tennessee Lady Vols forum on VolNation.com. In our Tennessee Lady Vols Forum you can discuss Lady Vols Basketball, Lady Vols Softball, or any other Tennessee Lady Vols athletics. ]
Gezz, I'm glad your not the President.
Oh wait, maybe you are the President and Armchair is just your cover!
GBO! GLV!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back