I'm beginning to like John Adams

Smallvol#1

MarchMatters
I never thought I would say it, but after reading his 11/12 article on our LADYS, I am beginning to like him.

Go LADY Vols!!!!

It's good to hear that JA is back on his meds, he gets a little Diva thing when he is not.

Go Vols!

I agree. The bean counters won a battle, the fan base will make them regret it. Lady Vols is iconic among our fans. Adams hit the nail on the head for a change. This is gonna get ugly...

I agree. The bean counters won a battle, the fan base will make them regret it. Lady Vols is iconic among our fans. Adams hit the nail on the head for a change. This is gonna get ugly...

Just ...NO! Adams is a hack, lousy sports "journalist" who lacks talent & integrity.:crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
Atrapitis.gif

Reactions: 1 person
You said Lady Vols ???? Is that the softball Lady Vols, the soccer Lady Vols, the volleyball lady Vols ???????Oh I forgot there's a basketball Lady Vols too...Sad that they will be considered the only Lady Vols..I guess we lost the other female sports athletes to the Lady Rebs, Lady Tigers, Lady Gators, lady Hogs, lady Wildcats etc.....

Reactions: 2 people
Just as a even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then, JA may accidentally write something digestible. Overall he's a below average sports writer with a chip on his shoulder about the Vols...just can't get a job in Baton Rouge, where he'd rather be.

Reactions: 1 person
Just as a even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then, JA may accidentally write something digestible. Overall he's a below average sports writer with a chip on his shoulder about the Vols...just can't get a job in Baton Rouge, where he'd rather be.
You make me feel better. I can just see him as a blind hog and go back to despising him. Whew! The earth has returned to its natural orbit. Thanks!

To keep things in perspective, repeat after me:
JAdams = incite > insight:rtfm::disappointed:

He's completely irrelevant to me. Just a band wagon, low-talent journalist that's just out to get clicks on his articles.

Haven't read a single article since since I found VN in 2009. I would highly suggest everyone else do the same.

Reactions: 2 people
I never thought I would say it, but after reading his 11/12 article on our LADYS, I am beginning to like him.

Go LADY Vols!!!!

Beginning to like John Adams? Well, that makes one of us. His articles will occasionally win points with fans, but for the purpose of winning points with fans when an opportunistic occasion like this arises. However, when you realize he is nothing but a hypocrite, you just don't bother to read his viewpoint anymore. I can imagine that the movie,"The Waterboy" had been set at UT rather than a non-existent place in Louisiana , and at some point in the film Kathy Bates would have looked at Adam Sandler, and said, "John Adams is the devil." That would have been a great moment in film making history.

Last edited:
Beginning to like John Adams? Well, that makes one of us. His articles will occasionally win points with fans, but for the purpose of winning points with fans when an opportunistic occasion like this arises. However, when you realize he is nothing but a hypocrite, you just don't bother to read his viewpoint anymore. I can imagine that the movie,"The Waterboy" had been set at UT rather than a non-existent place in Louisiana , and at some point in the film Kathy Bates would have looked at Adam Sandler, and said, "John Adams is the devil." That would have been a great moment in film making history.
I have been in therapy, and with sameolvol's guidance, I now see how delusional I was. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

He's completely irrelevant to me. Just a band wagon, low-talent journalist that's just out to get clicks on his articles.

Haven't read a single article since since I found VN in 2009. I would highly suggest everyone else do the same.

...he's not a UT cheerleader. Here's a hint: He's NOT supposed to be. He's a columnist. He writes what he sees, what the reality is, not what UT fans want to hear.

Also, if you're going to cite a particular column by somebody, you have to link the column!

Was listening to John Adams this morning on the sports animal and his outlook for the team isn't as rosy as I think it will be and many of us on volnation think. He thinks we win 23-25 games and make it to the sweet 16. I'm a bit more optimistic..I see maybe two losses and a final four, and if we stay healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if we go undefeated during the regular season. he also thinks that penn will be one our toughest early season non conference matchups. Can't wait for the game tonight!!

VN Store

Back