Massengale,Carter,Burdick,Tucker will miss game(s) for academic reasons

zaqhhh

First 2 will miss 1
Latter 2 will miss 2

Sad to hear but shouldn't affect w-l column

Should have gone to North Carolina - you don't even have to go to class there !
Another good move for Coach HW - make them believers !

Reactions: 7 people
Looks like the freshmen will get plenty of playing time. Sad these girls have been here this long and make a mistake like this hopefully this will be the end of it. Looks like our freshmen are leading by example. I'm taking for granted that the exhibition game does not count and it begins with our first real game vs. Penn. For the other two Penn and Oral Roberts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
This was from the summer sessions. I remember reading somewhere over a month ago probably even longer than that that disciplinary action was going to be taken for the players that missed classes.

It says that Tucker is still recovering from injury. Does anyone know what her estimated return date is?

Another poster on here says late November and holly did say in her press conf that tucker wouldn't be in the rotation at least early on. That's really all I've heard. I'm excited to see her play though and to have fought thru all the adversity

"Warlick says some of her academic rules include not missing a class. The coach says, "You miss a class, you miss a game. You've got to sit in the first three rows. You can't be late."

good for CHW,it is nice to hear there is some standards that have to be met

I think it's good that holly has rules, but sometimes things happen and you have to miss class. I don't see it as a major issue as long as it's not something that becomes habitual.

Reactions: 1 person
Plus, for Holly it sends a strong message to her team, excellence at all times, on and off the floor, the Lady Vols way, or you damnsho better be striving for it.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to the second exhibition ??

I'm not an insider, but I would hazard a guess that it was a matter of money. Tennessee (as do all teams) pays the exhibition teams to come in to play. (In fact, some smaller schools fund their entire budget through playing a number exhibition games against the likes of Tennessee) Dave Hart has had to trim the AD budget in a number of ways, and I would say that one exhibition game went by the wayside as a cost saving measure.

Jim

I'm not an insider, but I would hazard a guess that it was a matter of money. Tennessee (as do all teams) pays the exhibition teams to come in to play. (In fact, some smaller schools fund their entire budget through playing a number exhibition games against the likes of Tennessee) Dave Hart has had to trim the AD budget in a number of ways, and I would say that one exhibition game went by the wayside as a cost saving measure.

Jim
Last year there was only 1 exb. game!

I know. And, I think the same reason applied then. This is just a continuation of the policy. I expect that the reduction to one exhibition game for the women's team is now a permanent thing. At least as long as Dave Hart is the AD.

Jim

they ought to play a Lady Vol vs Alumni game as an preseason game.. would love to see Brittany Jackson, Tabor Spani, et al run/bounce up the court one more time! lol

I know. And, I think the same reason applied then. This is just a continuation of the policy. I expect that the reduction to one exhibition game for the women's team is now a permanent thing. At least as long as Dave Hart is the AD.

Jim
Your usual good post, Jim. As long as Hart is here, I fear the women will suffer. I just hope he doesn't destroy womens' athletics before he leaves.
And for those who want to trash the women this forum is for Lady Vols supporters. If you don't like womens' athletics, go watch the men; it's a free country...but you don't need to act like jerks just because you can.

Reactions: 2 people
January was supposed to be when she would play.

The last I recall, it was stated that Jannah Tucker was at about 75% and that the expectation was that she would be prepared to hit the court some time in November. Since then there have been comments, as recent as two weeks ago, that she has not been cleared for full contact. Given that, I would not be surprised if the November date were to be slipped.

We'll just have to wait, with our sense of anticipation intact, for the trainer to release Jannah Tucker!

Jim

The last I recall, it was stated that Jannah Tucker was at about 75% and that the expectation was that she would be prepared to hit the court some time in November. Since then there have been comments, as recent as two weeks ago, that she has not been cleared for full contact. Given that, I would not be surprised if the November date were to be slipped.

We'll just have to wait, with our sense of anticipation intact, for the trainer to release Jannah Tucker!

Jim
Hey Jim, I always enjoy your posts for the content and for getting things out to we readers quickly. As an aside,does your last sentence mean with bated breath? Thanks for your good work!

"Warlick says some of her academic rules include not missing a class. The coach says, "You miss a class, you miss a game. You've got to sit in the first three rows. You can't be late."

good for CHW,it is nice to hear there is some standards that have to be met

As I recall, those were Pat's rules. Glad to hear Holly is continuing the tradition.

VN Store

Back