Lady Vols Fourth In AP Poll

VN News

The AP preseason women's basketball poll was released Thursday, and Tennessee will begin the 2014-15 campaign where it began last year's. The Lady Vols will debut at No. 4 when they play their regular season opener vs. Penn in Knoxville on Nov. 14.

More...

I think this is a good position for us now we need to play like we are the number four team.

Congratulations to our Lady Vols starting off at #4. Did the people that put this poll together forget our top two players aren't seeing the floor this season? It's really sad we'll be without DeShields & Russell for the year. I hope the incoming freshmen are as good as advertised to keep us on top of our game. These young freshmen will have to run hard & fast, be good passers to team mates & shoot the lights out during our run for the NC this year. No matter what happens, we will cheer for our Lady Vols all through the upcoming season until the fat lady sings her song at the end. GBO >> Go Lady Vols.

I think this is a good position for us now we need to play like we are the number four team.

I agree that it's a good starting position. But, here's hoping we play like the number one team from start to cutting down the nets in March.

Reactions: 1 person
Seems the schedule is not our friend this season we have to play Notre Dame and SC on the road. If we can win one or both of those we'll end up higher in the rankings. Looking at the schedule hopefully we can lay a whipping on Stanford and get a number one seed again this season.

Seems the schedule is not our friend this season we have to play Notre Dame and SC on the road. If we can win one or both of those we'll end up higher in the rankings. Looking at the schedule hopefully we can lay a whipping on Stanford and get a number one seed again this season.

:rock: That all sounds mighty fine with me, my man.

I agree that it's a good starting position. But, here's hoping we play like the number one team from start to cutting down the nets in March.

UConn will be dominant again this year but hopefully Holly can get us to a final four and get over that initial hump in her young HC career.

Congratulations to our Lady Vols starting off at #4. Did the people that put this poll together forget our top two players aren't seeing the floor this season? It's really sad we'll be without DeShields & Russell for the year. I hope the incoming freshmen are as good as advertised to keep us on top of our game. These young freshmen will have to run hard & fast, be good passers to team mates & shoot the lights out during our run for the NC this year. No matter what happens, we will cheer for our Lady Vols all through the upcoming season until the fat lady sings her song at the end. GBO >> Go Lady Vols.

Russell is not one of our top 2 players.

Reactions: 1 person

If Russell was/is one of our top two players, we will get beat in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

If Russell was/is one of our top two players, we will get beat in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Everybody has different opinions about our players. She didn't play with the "Superwoman" decal on her jersey last year because she was just a freshman & was learning the college game in the SEC. I think after another year of practice & w/playing experience Russell will be a very good player for TN. Players tend to get better after a year or so after having that playing experience. Izzy Harrison wasn't all that great either when she first showed up as a freshman. You learn to be patient at times. I'm sure some posters here couldn't be knocking down all their shots & playing Superman great under such pressure to perform 100% in every game their first year either.

Are you saying that somebody else will be cutting down the nets in April?

The season is just around the corner. I went to see Georgia Tech play Flagler in an exhibition game today. GT scored 102 points. Kaela Davis had 27 I think and sat the final few minutes.
Shot of Kaela near the end of the game during a time out.

Started last season in the same place, didn't seem to help much....

i hate preseason polls ,i know it will never happen,but they should wait till they have played at least 10 games and then put a poll out :)

VN Store

Back